TSN: Poulin: Expect Nylander to get somewhere around $6M-$7M range

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Why speculate what Nylander would make now. It would be dumb of him to sign an extention now. He's gonna play another year and price is gonna go way up unless you want shorter term. 4 or 6 years whatever

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
That's actually entirely maneagable from our end.

Still have over 50 million to ice a team

That wouldn't be that bad for the leafs. Will be scary if they all improve this year tho. But if they all keep improving you can give shorter term to keep the cap down still

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
That's actually entirely maneagable from our end.

Still have over 50 million to ice a team

I assume Reilly gets another 7-8 mil.....

No, it's not gonna go well lol

That wouldn't be that bad for the leafs. Will be scary if they all improve this year tho. But if they all keep improving you can give shorter term to keep the cap down still

Based on recent contracts, I don't see these players asking for anything less than 6 years. They wanna bank the money.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Based on recent contracts, I don't see these players asking for anything less than 6 years. They wanna bank the money.

You mean Gardiner? Rielly is locked up. annnnnd No chance

Anyway

Matthews 10
Marner 7
Nylander 7
Marleau 6.25
Kadri 4.5
Brown 2.1
Hyman 2.25
Martin 2

Rielly 5
Zaitsev 4.5

Freddy 5

That leaves 20 Million with No Increase and Marleau. Its tight but far from impossible. They will have to rely on prospect depth..... Which they have.

Hyman Matthews Marner
Marleau Nylander XXXXX
Brown Kadri Hyman
Martin XXXX XXXXX

Reilly Zaitsev
5 Mill 5 Mill
1 1

Freddy
XXXXX

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

6 years comparable is pasta but 8 is Kuz and drai.

But kucherov signed a sweetheart bridge so who knows maybe one of them wants a cup. Maybe you'll get Marner for 4.8 for 3 years he seems the most team friendly.

then 6.8 for Nylander for 6 years and 11 for Mathews for 8? Wouldn't be that bad still

Maybe all three have awful 1 or 2 years and you can get all three for cheap tho. Who knows

Last edited:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Anyway

Matthews 10
Marner 7
Nylander 7
Marleau 6.25
Kadri 4.5
Brown 2.1
Hyman 2.25
Martin 2

Rielly 5
Zaitsev 4.5

Freddy 5

That leaves 20 Million with No Increase and Marleau. Its tight but far from impossible. They will have to rely on prospect depth..... Which they have.

Hyman Matthews Marner
Marleau Nylander XXXXX
Brown Kadri Hyman
Martin XXXX XXXXX

Reilly Zaitsev
5 Mill 5 Mill
1 1

Freddy
XXXXX
Why didn't you max out Mathews? Give him what he wants.:shakehead kid has only played one year and your giving him 10 mil. Just like all these kids. You don't know what's coming. Some kids struggle the second year. Injuries happen. Just because Edmonton over spent, do the Mapleleags have too?

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Why didn't you max out Mathews? Give him what he wants.:shakehead kid has only played one year and your giving him 10 mil. Just like all these kids. You don't know what's coming. Some kids struggle the second year. Injuries happen. Just because Edmonton over spent, do the Mapleleags have too?

We'd be lucky to get Matthews at 10.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Those were the parameters of the other poster. The guy said if they signed for 10,7,7 we would be in cap hell. We wouldn't

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Matthews is the real deal, he'll be PPG in this league for the next decade if he stays healthy.

Interested to see how Marner and Nylander do. I don't think they are much better than what they were last year. I think the growth in their game happens defensively, but that they are 60 point season type of guys which is still awesome.

Leafs should try and hope to get get MM and Nylander at 6 million each. Matthews is going to get 10.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Going by the 100 000 per point, Nylander is already worth north of 6 000 000 today, the coming years years probably 7-8 mill.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Why speculate what Nylander would make now. It would be dumb of him to sign an extention now. He's gonna play another year and price is gonna go way up unless you want shorter term. 4 or 6 years whatever

Is he a betting man ?

A 5/6/7/8 year extension at $6.5-7.5M right now even if he suffers a major injury next season vs a 5/6/7/8 year extension next summer at $8-9M IF he has a very good year... ?

Quite a dilemna.

A bird in hand is better than two in the bush (except in Australia).

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
If Nylander gets 7, Marner gets around 7...Matthews gets around 10. GG Cap hell

We'd love it if they all signed for those numbers.
That'd give us so much freedom.

What's worrying is when Nylander breaks out this season for 75+ points and demands 8.5m.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Anyway

Matthews 10
Marner 7
Nylander 7
Marleau 6.25
Kadri 4.5
Brown 2.1
Hyman 2.25
Martin 2

Rielly 5
Zaitsev 4.5

Freddy 5

Hyman Matthews Marner
Marleau Nylander XXXXX
Brown Kadri Hyman
Martin XXXX XXXXX

Reilly Zaitsev
5 Mill 5 Mill
1 1

Freddy
XXXXX

That leaves 20 million + 6.25 from Marleau gone + cap increase by the time extensions kick in is 30 million...for a top 6 winger, 3rd liner, couple 4th liners and a few defenseman. Easy.

I love this scenario.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

Go back and read the reply chain you are commenting on. Then delete your post once you realize what a foolish reply that was.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Matthews is the real deal, he'll be PPG in this league for the next decade if he stays healthy.

Interested to see how Marner and Nylander do. I don't think they are much better than what they were last year. I think the growth in their game happens defensively, but that they are 60 point season type of guys which is still awesome.

Leafs should try and hope to get get MM and Nylander at 6 million each. Matthews is going to get 10.

So you think two truly elite level prospects arent any better then they were in their rookie seasons?

How can anyone honestly look at each guys offensive skillset and think 60pts in each players offensive ceiling?

Sorry but that sounds pretty ridiculous.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
So you think two truly elite level prospects arent any better then they were in their rookie seasons?

How can anyone honestly look at each guys offensive skillset and think 60pts in each players offensive ceiling?

Sorry but that sounds pretty ridiculous.

Very strange logic to say the least.

60 points as a rookie is an incredible feat, improvement should be expected.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
The maple leafs have a chance to set up a future dynasty if they can't get the big 3 decent contracts. If I'm nylander/marner I sign a 5ish million contract for 6 years so they can all stay on the same team. Matthews signs 6-7 million 6 years.

Keep the gang together

Easier said than done. You'll be looking at 6-7 for Nylander and Marner and more than that for Matthews as long as they keep up similar production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad