TSN: Poulin: Expect Nylander to get somewhere around $6M-$7M range

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If I was Nylander, I would play this season aswell, and if he scores around 70-75 points, he should point at Drai and say, "I WANT THAT"

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
The maple leafs have a chance to set up a future dynasty if they can't get the big 3 decent contracts. If I'm nylander/marner I sign a 5ish million contract for 6 years so they can all stay on the same team. Matthews signs 6-7 million 6 years.

Keep the gang together

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The maple leafs have a chance to set up a future dynasty if they can't get the big 3 decent contracts. If I'm nylander/marner I sign a 5ish million contract for 6 years so they can all stay on the same team. Matthews signs 6-7 million 6 years.

Keep the gang together

Or he can go to another team and make lots of money and still play on a very good team

But anyways, no way Matthews goes that cheap haha

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I hope Nylander has a monster season. :)
Actually, I want Matthews, Nylander and Marner to have huge seasons but lose
in the first round of the playoffs again.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL

Keep the gang together

Yet you're yourself and if you had to choose between getting paid 75% of what you're worth and 100% of what you're worth, we both know what would be the answer.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Keep the gang together

:laugh:

You are delusional. If you add up the potential money lost per year, they'll be sacrificing over $10 million. These guys aren't super fans like you are.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

Keep the gang together

Or he can get what he deserves

I see no reason why players should be taking pay cuts if they don't have too. They know their worth, and Nylander and Marner are both worth more than that. And Matthews, well that isn't even close

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Keep the gang together

Good luck with that

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I would love to sign him to a 8 year contract in that range right now.

I really hope a deal is worked out this summer. I expect him to have a great year, he's not going to get cheaper.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

Keep the gang together

I don't even know what to say to this lol

Ya and I'm hoping EK resigns with us at 6x6

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Keep the gang together

And I would like Eichel and Reinhart to sign for one million a year for eight years.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Keep the gang together

Almost zero chance that happens. If you're Matthews, do you leave $18-$24 million on the table?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I don't think he will sign this year. Only very few players sign an extension before their ELC expires.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I don't even know what to say to this lol

Ya and I'm hoping EK resigns with us at 6x6

What happened to players signing "show me" contracts after their ELCs? You and everyone on here act like Matthews at 7 million is ridiculous when Kane's first contract was 6 million... then he won 3 cups and got 10 mill.

IMO these guys don't deserve giant contracts till they either win Cups or prove to be an Elite player for many years like Ovechkin did

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Keep the gang together

You are about 4M or 5M off there, the challenge will be how they fit all 3 contracts into the cap and still ice a decent support crew. I would doubt we are going to see many more 2.5M caphits on the 4th line or 6.25M investments on 38 year players from Pridham/Lou when these 3 get paid.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

Keep the gang together

Possibly the most delusional thing said on these boards

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
What happened to players signing "show me" contracts after their ELCs? You and everyone on here act like Matthews at 7 million is ridiculous when Kane's first contract was 6 million... then he won 3 cups and got 10 mill.

IMO these guys don't deserve giant contracts till they either win Cups or prove to be an Elite player for many years like Ovechkin did

That's not how it works. Someone other then the leafs will pony up the cash and if leafs offer that low of an amount then they won't have any of the three left

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

Keep the gang together

and if thats the Leafs negotiating the players counter and Nylander demands a 5yr term and Matthews and Marner demand 4 yr terms and they all leave the Leafs the same year in free agency...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad