Imagine if we get rid of Phillips and Gryba in one summer :O

After that Legwand and Neil :O

Greening is already out for sure.

That's 5 contracts out the door. :hyper:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
never have a heard more discussion about a bottom pairing defenseman than Phillips this past season

you guys make it sound like he has a redden type contract

We're only two moves away from getting to cup contention though. Get rid of Phillips contract, and trade for Malkin dirt cheap.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

Just read on the Score they are not going to buy him out, and want to trade him instead. So call me skeptical but I think he's untradeable.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
So, NHL just approved 3 on 3 OT...does this put greater emphasis on fast offensive D like Karlsson? I'm wondering if Chris Wideman would be a plus for these situations?! Who would likely play D in these OT situations besides K...? Ceci? IMO it is a mistake to let Wideman walk..but perhaps it's already too late?!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

"Imagine" is the key word here as I don't see much demand for those players. I will be happy if two of the four players you mentioned were traded or retire before the start of next season. But I doubt it will happen, as such players are not easy to trade without getting something back that may not be all that useful either.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
A shame we have so many dman signed. We really need a quality one as opposed to a bunch of bottom pairing/pressbox guys.

Methot - Karlsson
Top 4 dman - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

This would make me happy. Weircioch, Gryba, Cowen, Phillips just don't fit here anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad