Potential New Revenue Stream - Advertising on Jerseys

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I'm guessing it's because Reebok has not paid the NHL enough money to become the exclusive provider of playing equipment.

I know they pay endorsements to individual players. Whether or not they pay a supplier fee I am unsure of.

Yeah, and I can't see that ever happening. Try telling someone who used an Easton twig since peewees that they can't anymore, they'll flip **** :laugh:

Im almost certain there are clauses within the CBA that over-rides the possibility of a Reebok or whomever of gaining exclusive "Supplier-Sponsorship" status beyond jerseys, pants & socks to include helmets, gloves, skates, sticks etc. Possibly kdb or LadyStanley would know as they both tend to have a fairly encyclopedic knowledge of such matters.

progoaliemask

Jan 13, 2009
Boston
Reebok absolutely is a paying sponsor. They are also a supplier. Now you can be a supplier of gear but if don't pay the NHL fees (which are very high) you name can't be shown. The Reebok on the jersey is no different than the Bauer on the helmet. That why you don't see many small companies in the NHL. The name fees are way to high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad