Rumor: Potential Goalie to Minnesota in the "next few days"

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
I don’t underestimate Guerin’s ability to screw up trades at this points, so maybe.

amazing how you guys are bashing guerin for the moves he’s making. Fletcher and Fenton really screwed this team up and guerin has to basically dismantle what they built because it wasn’t working.

Tell us all your brilliant moves that you would make to improve the wild’s roster consider all the NMC and NTC that we’re dished out by the previous GM’s!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'd rather just step into the Hawks spot in the first trade. $2M in cap would be worth keeping a 2nd and gaining a 1st.

Since Vegas is looking for 3rd team to parlay in a Fleury deal its pretty clear Wild and others aren't keen on taking on the full cap (2 yrs x 7M) on Fleury

Thus why Hawks stepping in and taking 2M makes deal work

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Yeah, I don't see Chicago getting a 2nd for a MAF who's been retained down to $6mil. Not in this environment

Also skeptical on the Hawks ability to be a retention middleman, given their own salary cap issues.... guess it could work if they decide to throw in the towel and focus on futures over building a viable roster

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Since Vegas is looking for 3rd team to parlay in a Fleury deal its pretty clear Wild and others aren't keen on taking on the full cap (2 yrs x 7M) on Fleury

Thus why Hawks stepping in and taking 2M makes deal work

Right, but if Minnesota is willing to take the $6 million then it renders Chicago pretty pointless. Vegas still gets done what they want to get done. Not sure if Guerin is willing, but I probably would be.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah, I don't see Chicago getting a 2nd for a MAF who's been retained down to $6mil. Not in this environment

Also skeptical on the Hawks ability to be a retention middleman, given their own salary cap issues.... guess it could work if they decide to throw in the towel and focus on futures over building a viable roster

In my scenario Hawks only bring back Kubalik and Koekkoek as RFA's and trade Strome while buying out Smith

Thus it opens up cap room for Hawks to do deal like this

Probably should have mentioned it

And I doubt Vegas finds taker without giving up more then 2nd in deal. MAF at 7M x 2 is untradeable IMO without 3rd party involved

Unless Wings or Sens step up and eat his full contract for last 1st instead but with Melynk that will never happen. Wings may do it though

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
True, but we'd also be compensated for that risk by keeping our 2nd rounder and gaining a 1st rounder. I'd rather be compensated than do the compensating and cross that proverbial bridge when we get there.

True if Guerin/ownership are willing to eat the costs on deal

At end of day I am like most just playing around on Cap Friendly before draft changes most possibilities on trade market

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
What else is Vancouver adding?
i dont think Dumba has that much value.. he came off a poor year following an injury... He aint a top pairing D based on what we saw last season
Young, high potential goalie ready to take the reins.. value likely close.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
In my scenario Hawks only bring back Kubalik and Koekkoek as RFA's and trade Strome while buying out Smith

Thus it opens up cap room for Hawks to do deal like this

Probably should have mentioned it

And I doubt Vegas finds taker without giving up more then 2nd in deal. MAF at 7M x 2 is untradeable IMO without 3rd party involved

Unless Wings or Sens step up and eat his full contract for last 1st instead but with Melynk that will never happen. Wings may do it though

Clearing salary for that kind of a move is probably the smart play for the Hawks, but isn't a Smith buyout pretty minimal savings? And you'd still need a goalie for yourselves, would you not? Run a discounted Crawford/Delia perhaps?

Regardless, I'd agree 3rd party retention probably is the way to go for VGK. I just think your value was a bit off is all

edit: Was mistaken on the Smith buyout. Hair over $1mil in dead cap for 2yrs, not bad

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
i dont think Dumba has that much value.. he came off a poor year following an injury... He aint a top pairing D based on what we saw last season

Value not close. We'll keep Dumba.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Whatever Dumba wasn't last year, Demko hasn't been anything yet. There'd still have to be more.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
That would be dreadful for the Wild
I wasn't sure about the player part but only thing I could see for Pittsburgh is a 1A/1B tandem with Jarry and Stalock, and in Minny, Murray with the experience and that Lukonen or however u spell his name having Murray as sorta a young mentor for him until he is a #1

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I wasn't sure about the player part but only thing I could see for Pittsburgh is a 1A/1B tandem with Jarry and Stalock, and in Minny, Murray with the experience and that Lukonen or however u spell his name having Murray as sorta a young mentor for him until he is a #1

I mean murray isnt good and on top of that Guerin knows about it which is why he didn't ask about Murray at deadline. This isn't happening

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I could see knight shake free from Florida who might just ride and die with Bob and transfer Knights value to other blue chip prospects and /or pieces to upgrade their roster and support barkov and ekblad in an attempt to contend.

But I cannot figure out why Minny would try and acquire him. I have had my eye on Kahkonen for a while, but KK and knight are way too young/inexperienced to be a tandem together.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
To me a very good fit would be Korpisalo. He is a Finn like Kahkonen and could be a great mentor for Kahkonen. You split their games next season and then hopefully the season after that Kahkonen can become a starter, or the season after. Korpisalo has a very nice, affordable contract at $2.8 for each of the next 2 years.

For Columbus, they gave up a ton of draft picks last season so they need that. Minnesota just added a 3rd and a 5th from SJ so they can afford to trade some picks for Korpisalo. Win, win for both teams...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad