Speculation: Potential Chicago-Monteal trade

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Oh shoot. The part I forgot to include was 2 million of Toews salary retained. Hawks fans still do that deal?

The trade offer is still crap for Montreal.

Toews has 1 season in the last four over 60 points.... and with the pace he is on this season, it will soon by one of the last five.

He is 31 years old.

All evidence suggests that while he's still a good player, he's coming to the end of the period when he will be a number 1 centre in the NHL and his role will need to be diminished soon.

Meanwhile Kotkaniemi is a 19 year old 3rd overall pick.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I haven’t seen much of Gustafsson beside vs Montreal and didn’t quite focus on him at all... any Chicago fans would care to be objective and make a little report on the player without trying to sell him to me?

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
I haven’t seen much of Gustafsson beside vs Montreal and didn’t quite focus on him at all... any Chicago fans would care to be objective and make a little report on the player without trying to sell him to me?
dog shit hockey i.q. good shot, good on the power play. doesnt defend well and turns the puck over alot

Reactions: Steeler23

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Massive defensive liability. Phenomenal on the power play last year. This year he's been meh offensively.

Basically there's no reason why you'd want him.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
For a 31 year old, with a monster contract and has scored over 60 points once in the last 4 seasons, and has 18 points in 30 games this season?

You want to give up a 19 year old, 3rd overall pick,
a first
a 2nd
and a winger who is maybe making a little much.

HELL NO, I wouldn't give up that package for Toews.

I'd add that this goes against our "retooling" plan

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Toews is a good "change of scenery" candidate. He's show plenty of flashes where he can bust his ass but overall the guy is mailing it in big time in all 3 zones. His last few games have been his best.

With proper motivation and offseason prep I think he'd have a good 3 to 4 years in him. In Chicago? He's about done here, we're not getting anywhere near what we need from him just like much of the rest of roster. He's infuriating to watch.

I think he could be an addition by subtraction move from Chicago's stand point.

If I was a GM I'd be calling Bowman day & night. Every guy we move looks better elsewhere: Kempny, Kahun, Jokiharju, Schmaltz...etc

Last edited:

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Massive defensive liability. Phenomenal on the power play last year. This year he's been meh offensively.

Basically there's no reason why you'd want him.
Sounds like the kind of player Bergevin loves. Cheap, long shot, low risk, low reward. Yep, definitely a a Bergevin guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad