Post-Game Talk: Postseason thread

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Iae8x6I.gif

space321

May 11, 2011
I still don't see anything that Kassian adds to that top line. His production is roughly equal with or without McDavid. He's playing well, but why not spread the wealth out and have him play on the 3rd line and bring up Currie/Gagner to McDavids wing and hope McDavid can improve their play?

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
I still don't see anything that Kassian adds to that top line. His production is roughly equal with or without McDavid. He's playing well, but why not spread the wealth out and have him play on the 3rd line and bring up Currie/Gagner to McDavids wing and hope McDavid can improve their play?
he works well with mcdavid becasue he does the dirty work and wins puck battles and let's mcdavid do his magic.

space321

May 11, 2011
he works well with mcdavid becasue he does the dirty work and wins puck battles and let's mcdavid do his magic.

I haven't noticed much of that at all. He fumbles short passes and loses puck battles just as often as anyone else on this team. It's not a coincidence his scoring rate is about 1/3 of McDavid's and Draisaitl's even though they're on the same line for 16-18 minutes a game.

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
I haven't noticed much of that at all. He fumbles short passes and loses puck battles just as often as anyone else on this team. It's not a coincidence his scoring rate is about 1/3 of McDavid's and Draisaitl's even though they're on the same line for 16-18 minutes a game.
Have to agree to disagree on that one, but i noticed a number of times where he goes hard on the forecheck , separates the man and the puck, and creates turnovers and havoc. Hes obviously nowhere as skilled as those two but given our roster situation he's the best fit on that line i think.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Should have won the game. Rest of the team did not contribute. Reider played well should have had him in the shootout.. Kosco is bad in shootouts. Who are we kidding, season was over in December.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Jesus Christ the supporting cast of ours. See that goal dallas’s D Heiskanen scored? Not one of our D can make a shot like that. Instead we got Sekera missing wide in OT and hitting shins all night. Heck I don’t even think our wingers could place a shot like Heiskanen did tonight. The Oilers offensively inept D core is the reason why a team like Dallas is a playoff team and why we are not. Chia had 4 years to find one good shooter on this team and found nothing.

Don’t know why this game hurts so much, maybe cause going into the 2nd it seemed like a guaranteed win with McDrai flying and Dallas on fumes. Then the Oilers Oiler’d and became the untalented hacks that they are.

Reactions: Aerrol

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
That Chiasson shot had me laughing out loud and Quinn saying that it stung Khudobin, wut?. Time to retire Kevin. He's more senile than Bob Cole.
Beating a dead horse here but it’s amazing how much he gets wrong every game. From players names to anecdotes to what he thinks he’s seeing in a game, even to who is doing colour some nights. The guy is a complete mess.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Plus when he does get the puck he can protect it for long enough to get it back to Drai or McDavid. Watch any of our other wingers and watch how long they can protect the puck before being buried and erased, not very long. Atleast Kassian can do SOMETHING with that puck.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Blah. Stupid mobile. If some one can replace the chief player with chiasson in the attached gif we would have some pure gold on our hands.

Attachments

• DifficultBriskGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif
    DifficultBriskGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 2

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Was fun to see McDavid flying out there with Leon.
Not so much fun to see our 2nd through 4th lines and D do zilch again offensively for the 60th game out of 77.
And I am going for crepes tomorrow morning to a restaurant down the street called Taste Of Belgium. I heard they have Koskinens game photos up with his crepe skillet in hand. Can’t wait.

I was saying during the game that they looked like the Harlem Globetrotters on the PP. Man we need some depth forwards. I watched the Isles highlites this morning and every time I see Barzal, I wanna hunt down Chiarelli and kick him square in the nuts. One for each time he screwed us on a stupid trade

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Who is gonna start a blog on what we need in offseason? Can we get a few of these fellas?

Nyquist - expiring contract
Dzingel - expiring contract

Hoffman - he is getting close to 30. Kinda scared to get locked into a James Neal type deal

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

He creates space and forechecks, in hard on the puck and has shown an ability to convert. He also has the wheels to keep up something neither Currie or Gagner have.

It’s not about spreading wealth, it’s abot finding tbe right fit. You cannot argue with the results thus far.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
So? He’s looked the best on that line in the new year. A 2 million player that can play well enough on the top line. What are you complaining about?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Jesus Christ the supporting cast of ours. See that goal dallas’s D Heiskanen scored? Not one of our D can make a shot like that. Instead we got Sekera missing wide in OT and hitting shins all night. Heck I don’t even think our wingers could place a shot like Heiskanen did tonight. The Oilers offensively inept D core is the reason why a team like Dallas is a playoff team and why we are not. Chia had 4 years to find one good shooter on this team and found nothing.

Don’t know why this game hurts so much, maybe cause going into the 2nd it seemed like a guaranteed win with McDrai flying and Dallas on fumes. Then the Oilers Oiler’d and became the untalented hacks that they are.
I think Heiskanen is going to be a very special d-man. I do wonder how hard PHI and NJ looked at him at the draft.

Now I just need him traded to a Canadian market so those 5 rookie cards of his go up in value.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He creates space and forechecks, in hard on the puck and has shown an ability to convert. He also has the wheels to keep up something neither Currie or Gagner have.

It’s not about spreading wealth, it’s abot finding tbe right fit. You cannot argue with the results thus far.
Generally speaking NHL coaches try find pairs that work together and then tinker with that 3rd guy. We've now found a guy that doesn't hurt that line and actually adds to the line.

We tried a lot of different guys this year and no one stole the spot. Kassian got his shot and made it count.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3