GDT: POSTPONED - Bruins vs Addawah in Boston Monday 7pm EST NESN & 98.5 The HUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Greetings, Boston fans. Just wanted to say that I've been watching coverage of today's tragedy in Boston. I hope you are all well, and your loved ones and friends as well. Our thoughts are with all of those affected by this terrible tragedy.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Absolutely correct to be postponed. Can't have another big crowd event with such events having just happened, for all kinds of reasons.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
It was obvious that tonight's game would be cancelled. Would be stupid to play a game during this event. JFK Library just reported an explosion, as well.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
There is simply no other option. The Bruins play every other night through the end of the season.

Ottawa also plays 3 in a row.

Play it after the end of the reg season? Or more accurately, make it the last game of the regular season, the day after the season is currently scheduled to end.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Hope this is coming from city police; if the league is doing this, it shows a horrible understanding of risk.

Putting 20,000 people in a building is not more dangerous 8 hours after a bomb goes off than it was the night before.

GodTukka*

Bruins should just forfeit the game then. Not like they'll need the 2 points.

Depends if they want to catch Montreal, those 2 points may be more valuable then.

The cluster**** of a short season gets worse with the Celtics going into the playoffs too, makes it unlikely that they get this game without playing a couple in a row prior

biggles8

Jan 30, 2007
Cape Cod
Had to shut the game down , no question . They've gotta sweep the entire city before they can even imagine putting 20 k into a building .
God bless all those affected by this terrorist attack .
I've been in one and it's a shocker for all

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Hope this is coming from city police; if the league is doing this, it shows a horrible understanding of risk.

Putting 20,000 people in a building is not more dangerous 8 hours after a bomb goes off than it was the night before.

There aren't enough facepalms for this comment. :shakehead

OilerNut*

Really? :shakehead

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
Play it after the end of the reg season? Or more accurately, make it the last game of the regular season, the day after the season is currently scheduled to end.

that's a good idea, but if it turns out to be meaningless in standings

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
I think if at the end of the season the 2 points doesn't affect the standings of either team it might not be played. But doesn't every team have to play the same # of games?

ClarkieMac

Oct 18, 2010

I'd say you either have a "horrible understanding of risk" or a horrible understanding of the situation. They've been finding numerous devices that hadn't gone off yet, a game where 10s of thousands of people are is a pretty ideal target. A hockey game is not worth risking lives.

On that note, our hearts go out to you guys from Toronto. Hope everyone and their families have stayed safe.

KingKopitar11*

Hope all of you guys are safe. Stay inside. No game is worth a life, glad it's postponed

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
To all the Boston based posters here, and those with friends and loved ones in Boston, I sincerely hope that you, your loved ones, and friends are safe, and were not directly affected by the despicable act of violence in Boston today.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I'd say you either have a "horrible understanding of risk" or a horrible understanding of the situation. They've been finding numerous devices that hadn't gone off yet, a game where 10s of thousands of people are is a pretty ideal target.
... but the Bruins / Sabres game on Wednesday won't be?

Keep calm and carry on, Boston ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad