Postives of 2016/2017 season

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Do dissenting opinions really harm your browsing/posting experience that much?
What does it say about how you feel about your own opinion if merely seeing somebody else express a different one is too much to handle?

Anyway, the biggest positive of this season, to me, is that neither Hextall nor Hakstol has shown any signs of changing their course. The team, as a whole, has performed exactly as they were expected to by most reasonable fans (which is as a "bubble" team). IMO, a different coach makes very little difference when the roster itself is not good enough, and only patience can properly fix that, which Hextall seems to understand.

Different opinions are fine, but people posting stupid **** that's only meant to start arguments is completely different. If a person ONLY posts to cry and complain about stupid things then they deserve to be blocked.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Pro's
Provorov - Nothing needs to be said.
Konecny - Progressed in making better puck decisions. Clearly a future top-6er.
Ghost - Overcame diversity and has improved his overall game.
Gudas - Not a fluke. The caveman can play.

Meh's
Coots - Continues to show flashes of breaking out. Love his game, but needs to step it up offensively a little. Major step forward on the dot.

Con's
Giroux - His skating has fell off a cliff. Hopefully, it's not permanent. Cause for concern is justified.
Voracek - Continues to bounce from top echelon forward to brain fart machine. Need more consistency.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Pro's
Provorov - Nothing needs to be said.
Konecny - Progressed in making better puck decisions. Clearly a future top-6er.
Ghost - Overcame diversity and has improved his overall game.
Gudas - Not a fluke. The caveman can play.

Meh's
Coots - Continues to show flashes of breaking out. Love his game, but needs to step it up offensively a little. Major step forward on the dot.

Con's
Giroux - His skating has fell off a cliff. Hopefully, it's not permanent. Cause for concern is justified.
Voracek - Continues to bounce from top echelon forward to brain fart machine. Need more consistency.

Giroux's hip I think is still bugging him. More than he lets on. Voracek is still our leading point getter too. Couts has been a lot better since Streit has been traded. Ghost has definitely been struggling, but he needed a season like this to get the monkey off his back. I could see him back into form next season.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Do dissenting opinions really harm your browsing/posting experience that much?
What does it say about how you feel about your own opinion if merely seeing somebody else express a different one is too much to handle?

Anyway, the biggest positive of this season, to me, is that neither Hextall nor Hakstol has shown any signs of changing their course. The team, as a whole, has performed exactly as they were expected to by most reasonable fans (which is as a "bubble" team). IMO, a different coach makes very little difference when the roster itself is not good enough, and only patience can properly fix that, which Hextall seems to understand.

I don't mind others opinions but I come here to have intelligent hockey conversations. I only have limited free time and I am not wasting it reading worthless dribble from people who can't back up their opinions with some stats or solid arguments.

Also if people who wane on about how the team has no "heart" and things like that, I get it. Hockey was awesome if the 70's and 80's when it was simpler and probably more exciting. The game has changed and unfortunately it has left some fans behind and I don't have the time to listen to them. A lot of those time when those older fans make those sort of complaints about the flyers I think what they are really looking for is a return to the old days of hockey and they are really complaining about how the game has changed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Positives: each passing day is another day closer to Andrew MacDonald being off this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad