Post-Game Talk: Postgame Wrap and 3 Stars : Game 4 MIN @ DET

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
I will say I was completely wrong in my analysis of Big Bert - thought he was just an old useless piece of trash but it seemed like he sparked a lot of life into this team.

Helm being back was brilliant though, completely different bottom six with him there

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I was one of the few people that liked Bertuzzi before liking him was popular.

He was the recipient of a lucky bounce and pure sauce, anyone with a pulse and two arms could've scored that 2nd one. Not sure why everyone is circlejerking over Bert right now.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I thought Kindl played well, besides the one stupid penalty. He seemed to be using his body, made some good passes. I didn't see anything that warrants people saying he was terrible.

On the other hand, I saw Q give the puck away after 5 seconds of having the puck behind our goal with no pressure. I guess he only did that once though.

HTT3*

Really lovin' Lashoff (eat crow haters), and Huskins is still doin' his invisible thang.

Lovin' Lashoff. He should be kept up after Ericsson and White are back.

Huskins was noticable. He was a force out there and cleaned the trash away from the front of the net. He's been great!

Huskins is similar to Brad Stuart imo, except Stuart dished out lots of hip checks.. whereas Huskins' takes hits to make plays. Still physical element though.

I like Huskins

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Really lovin' Lashoff (eat crow haters), and Huskins is still doin' his invisible thang.

They both play a stellar stay at home style of D. Don't take any chances and play relatively mistake free hockey.

This team really struggles getting the puck out of the zone at times. Was driving me crazy.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
He got lucky on the goals, but he brought a toughness to the top six we didn't have

Fair enough. I'm sure it is only a matter of time until he has one of his "hang on to the puck too long, turn it over, and be way too slow to back check or be relevant in any way" games soon and most will be back to bashing him, but I guess we should just enjoy the good times for now:laugh:

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
This happens every. single. year.

Bert goes on a short tear, we want to believe he's the player of old and like a group of Alzheimer's patients we embrace him.

Then he goes completely quiet for 15 games, lazily stick handles with one hand and shies from contact.

Then he scores a sweet shootout goal and the cycle begins anew.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
This has happens every. single. year.

Bert goes on a short tear, we want to believe he's the player of old and like a group of Alzheimer's patients we love him.

Then he goes completely quiet for 15 games, lazily stick handles with one hand and shies from contact.

Word up to that, broguydudeman

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Bert goes on a short tear, we want to believe he's the player of old and like a group of sentimental Alzheimer's patients we embrace him.

On the bright side, if he goes about 20 games at a good pace that's basically half the season.

RedWingsNow*

Won 5-3///
Some thoughts
Great second half for the Wings.
Datsyuk, after 2-3 bad shifts, took over the game.
Bert looked good and Flip was OK too.
Until Mule gets going, Zetterberg is carrying a large load.
Did Bert really touch that first goal?
Wings haven't given up less than 3 goals yet. Four games in.
Kindl did have a tough game, but he was out of synch. He really didn't look that bad.
Shift with Miller, Helm and Tootoo was awesome.
Lashoff was brutal tonight. Out of position on the PK. Chasing guys. I like that he just dumps it out... but the dude is out of his league

I really don't want Sammy in this lineup.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere

Bert goes on a short tear, we want to believe he's the player of old and like a group of Alzheimer's patients we embrace him.

Why you hef to be buzz kill?

HTT3*

Won 5-3///
Some thoughts
Great second half for the Wings.
Datsyuk, after 2-3 bad shifts, took over the game.
Bert looked good and Flip was OK too.
Until Mule gets going, Zetterberg is carrying a large load.
Did Bert really touch that first goal?
Wings haven't given up less than 3 goals yet. Four games in.
Kindl did have a tough game, but he was out of synch. He really didn't look that bad.
Lashoff was brutal tonight. Out of position on the PK. Chasing guys. I like that he just dumps it out... but the dude is out of his league

I really don't want Sammy in this lineup.

Ummm.. Dallas 2-1?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
As long as Bert continues to use that body in the corners, create space, shoot and bring the ruckus. He's cool in my book. Did anyone notice the neck tat he's got? Is that new? Looked like the top of a crucifix. Please tell me Bert has a huge crucifix tattoo on his back.

I'd prefer Gator on that line. But I suppose a bottom six of

Miller-Helm-Toots
Cleary-Gator-Sammy
Eaves

would work if it meant no more Emmerton.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
kind of amusing how solid Lashoff and Huskins have been compared to what I was expecting

if i'd have been told by the 4th game of the season they would be playing 19 minutes each i'd have needed a lot of beer,still not sold on Lashoff and don't want him in the lineup but it hasn't been so bad really

edit: just noticed Tootoo only got 5:51 ice time

it's because of all the penalties I guess but wow

Last edited:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Am I the only one who thought Kindl played really well for his first game...he was knocking guys on their ***** most of the night, granted one or two of those resulted in a penalty but I thought he was way better than Quincy.

As someone who hates Quincey with a passion, I think he was very good tonight. He broke up several scoring chances, kept his turnovers to a minimum and was even good on the PK.

Kindl will hopefully get better when he gets more ice-time but I thought he was the weakest of the D tonight by far.

Up front, Cleary to me was the worst player on the ice tonight, and somehow he still gets 3x the icetime of Tootoo who has outplayed him in every game so far. I hate the way Babcock plays him in every situation. At least the top 6 looked far better tonight though.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
He was the recipient of a lucky bounce and pure sauce, anyone with a pulse and two arms could've scored that 2nd one. Not sure why everyone is circlejerking over Bert right now.

Quincey, Cleary and Emmerton are three people on this team who couldn't bury both of those goals.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Franzen on the pk was surprising

In '06 and '07 Franzen was a 3rd/4th line defensive forward. I wish he wasn't so 1-dimensional,in the sense he can seemingly only bring one part of his game to the rink each night, i.e. if the team wants him to score goals, he does that. If the team wants him to play defensively, he does that. If the team needs him to be physical, he does that. But he can't bring all of those assets to the same game at the same time. That's why he's so gosh-darn frustrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad