Post-Game Talk: Postgame Wrap and 3 Stars : Game 4 MIN @ DET

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
Was a bit of a dog's breakfast - flashes of the Red Wings of old, coupled with comically bad d-zone puck management at times. At any rate, a win, and an improvement. Can't complain too much.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Hope this means Lashoff is staying up for good. Keep rolling with Huskins too, when is the last time you saw one of our dmen block a shot? They both looked very solid.

It was obvious that we really missed Helms speed and Bertuzzi proved why he's my favorite player.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I also think Lashoff has looked really solid out there, yet when I watch the stats sheet, he and kronwall was -2 where as quincey +2 etc....

Stats isnt everything but....

Yup you better not read too much into that one. First minus was one second after a Minnesota PP expired and the second one was off of Z's butt..

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
This happens every. single. year.

Bert goes on a short tear, we want to believe he's the player of old and like a group of Alzheimer's patients we embrace him.

Then he goes completely quiet for 15 games, lazily stick handles with one hand and shies from contact.

Then he scores a sweet shootout goal and the cycle begins anew.

I guess people don't remember the latter years with Shanny. He'd start off like gang busters and fade after a month or so. Glad to have Bert showing some signs of life, hopefully the short season makes him effective the whole way.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I guess people don't remember the latter years with Shanny. He'd start off like gang busters and fade after a month or so. Glad to have Bert showing some signs of life, hopefully the short season makes him effective the whole way.

Yeah, that's the hope all right. I'm more inclined to think just like the season is shortened, Bert's hot streaks will be similarly pro-rated. That, and I have no faith that if he tries to play a consistently physical game that he will remain healthy and avoid getting banged up, seems to happen to him.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I was at the game, missed the first due to traffic/weather. Guess I didn't miss awhole lot but really liked the vast improvement over the other games. I really like that D and Z are on separate lines finally. I think Howard played like typical Howard made the saves he needed to however letting a fluky one here or there doesn't bother me too much, **** happens. The D was a lot more solid tonight, still sloppy at times but overall a heck of a lot better. Not saying it's perfect or even near perfect however it's good to see improvement. I've always been a fan of bert and I'm glad to see the guy still coming out and putting up points. I don't care if people think his goals are weak or sloppy, nobody else has been putting it in the net besides the "Nose" so I'll take the goals when we can get them. On a side note, I've been going to games at the Joe Since 92 and have never had a problem until this game. OMG the dude and his gf sitting behind me had to be the dumbest people I've ever heard in my life. Literally anytime a red wing touched the puck they were yelling and cursing about everything, annoyed the hell out of me. Almost turned around and told the guy to **** or b**** slap him. Either way I had a blast at the game and getting a win was icing on the cake!

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I can't help but think of the Husk Musk sketch from KITH whenever they talk about him.

Oddly enough, I can't help but think about the Billy Madison scene where they put the bag of flaming dog poop on the old codger's porch whenever I see Cleary play/fall/take a bad penalty/turn the puck over....

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Oddly enough, I can't help but think about the Billy Madison scene where they put the bag of flaming dog poop on the old codger's porch whenever I see Cleary play/fall/take a bad penalty/turn the puck over....

Hey, at least you weren't thinking about that every time Q was on the ice in this one...

Aug 6, 2012
Finally got a chance to watch the game tonight. I must say Smith looked very poised out there and his skating really stood out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad