tumblr_lvn6ub7KLP1qbjrwa.jpg

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Z.
Big E
Pavel

Thought Toots, Emmerton and Mule gave stellar effort out there tonight.

3 worst?
Kronwall, Cleary, Quincey

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
1st Star: Zetterberg
2nd Star: H. Zetterberg
3rd Star: Hank

If you disagree with this, I will hunt you down and kick you in the shins. jk. But seriously, If I could, I'd vote Z three times.

True. but since we can't vote Z 3 times

1. Z
2. Ericsson
3. Brunner

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Love Z and Pavel, but this team is frustrating me to no end.

Z - no words necessary.
E - steady, and a both sides of the rink.
Mule - he set the tone for his line by a big hit on the first shift, and he actually created a lot of space for Z tonight.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
And on the seventh game, Henrik Zetterberg said, "Let there be curly fries", and it was good.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I went with Z, E, and Franzen.

Z is obvious. E played very well defensively and then had the nice stretch pass to Z plus the goal. Franzen seems like a different player this year. Even if the goals aren't really coming, his defensive play and backchecking is much better. My jaw dropped a little when he hit that Blues player at the start of the game. Him coming back hard allowed E to make that nice to pass to Z

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Z - the captain was dominant tonight.
Pavs - game-winning goal.
Big E - don't hate, celebrate: we need him to play like he's been playing this year.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Love Z and Pavel, but this team is frustrating me to no end.

Z - no words necessary.
E - steady, and a both sides of the rink.
Mule - he set the tone for his line by a big hit on the first shift, and he actually created a lot of space for Z tonight.

Cleary doesn't belong on the ice any longer. Turns it over or falls down then turns it over. When is Sammy coming back? Helm next week?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Z easy 1st star. Great game. Looked like a typical playoff game for Hank.

Big E is playing like our best defenceman right now.

3rd star is tougher.

Franzen did some good things though. I'd probably give it to him.

Datsyuk didn't have a great game, but still finished with the GWG and an assist.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
From what it looks like, that was at least a 2 minute interference call. Huskins definitely cleared the puck well before he was hit.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
From what it looks like, that was at least a 2 minute interference call. Huskins definitely cleared the puck well before he was hit.

Not a chance. Backes got there in the same amount of time, or even a half-stride sooner, than Tootoo did on his crush job on Polak. That call was as bad or worse than any of the horrible 15 yard "hit to the head" penalties called in the NFL this season, which is saying something.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Not a chance. Backes got there in the same amount of time, or even a half-stride sooner, than Tootoo did on his crush job on Polak. That call was as bad or worse than any of the horrible 15 yard "hit to the head" penalties called in the NFL this season, which is saying something.

We must have been seeing two different plays then. There was definitely a notable time gap between Huskins passing the puck and getting clobbered.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
So I set up the DVR for NHL Network... and there is no game on my DVR? WTF?

Was looking at TOI for the game. Smith with nearly 24 min; Kronner with 22; Q at 20-ish and E with 17? What happened?

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Z's hat trick aside, Ericsson stood out to me more than any other Wing player. Best game by a Wings defenseman this season, probably by a wide margin. He was really physical throughout the game, had a great outlet to Z, and his goal was just icing on the cake. Hope that continues (if it does, he's our best D-man).

Z- great game, scored the ENG with the highest degree of difficulty I've ever seen :nod:. It was a giant F-U to Oshie and the Blues after they went after him all game, Oshie interferes on that play with a huge hit, and Z still battles the puck into the net. Awesome.

Franzen was really physical, he actually looked like a Swedish Lucic on a few shifts ;). One of the very few games where he made an impression on the game while not scoring. I know it's too much to expect from him for the season, but seeing it this one time was great.

Brunner had a nice assist, but IMO he really struggled otherwise. Too many TO's, too easily knocked off the puck. Hoping that over the season as he plays with smaller guys like Z, D, Helm and Tootoo, their ability to skate with leverage, power and play thru contact will rub off on him.

Our 3rd line and 2nd PP unit have to be 2 of the least threatening lines/units the Wings have iced in a long time. Nothing but offsides called, turnovers committed, or penalties taken, while generating no pressure or scoring chances. The Cleary-Abby-Miller line would look right at home on the Blue Jackets, Islanders, etc.

Cleary. Can't explain the ice time he gets, or how he hasn't been demoted to the press box yet. Probably the biggest question is, why is there not an emoticon with a smiley face shooting himself in the head? 'Cause that's what I'd use for Cleary in every post game thread from here on out. :rant:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
We must have been seeing two different plays then. There was definitely a notable time gap between Huskins passing the puck and getting clobbered.

There was a gap, but I'm saying that Tootoo arrived later than Backes so I don't see how they could call it on Backes. That, and the hit to the head call was insanely poor by the ref. I mean, I'll take it, but it sealed the Blues fate.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
So I set up the DVR for NHL Network... and there is no game on my DVR? WTF?

Was looking at TOI for the game. Smith with nearly 24 min; Kronner with 22; Q at 20-ish and E with 17? What happened?

Lots of powerplays probably lowered E's minutes

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Went with Z, E, and Mule. Would have voted for Ian Walsh had he been up there though

I didn't think Quincey was near as bad as everyone in the GDT thought he was, he logged a lot of minutes, finished +2, and led the team in blocked shots.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
There was a gap, but I'm saying that Tootoo arrived later than Backes so I don't see how they could call it on Backes. That, and the hit to the head call was insanely poor by the ref. I mean, I'll take it, but it sealed the Blues fate.

@0:35
No puck on his stick, and Backes hasn't even hit him yet.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Went with Z, E, and Mule. Would have voted for Ian Walsh had he been up there though

I didn't think Quincey was near as bad as everyone in the GDT thought he was, he logged a lot of minutes, finished +2, and led the team in blocked shots.

Yeah, that's what I was looking at the box score and it doesn't seem to match the whinging you see here. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad