Post-Game Talk: Postgame and 3 Stars : 2/1/13 : STL @ DET

HTT3*

Good game guys. Zetterberg is phenomenal and it's sad his performance will be forgotten.

It's not Zetterberg's first 5 point game and won't be his last. It won't be forgotten, especially when they show game previews prior to his HOF speech.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
tbh this game should have gone to the refs as the 1st star.
Total botch job on that Backes call. Should have been 2min interference or nothing at all..

Wings got lucky.

CloneHakanPlease*

I honestly wouldn't mind if the 4th line switched minutes with the third line. Emmerton has actually been pretty decent and Tootoo makes a difference everytime he is on the ice. Too bad Babcock's obsession with Cleary and Abdelkader doesnt seem to be ending anytime soon.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
3 Stars

1. Zetterberg - 5 points? He is really turning it up a notch this season.
2. Franzen - 3 assists. Was physical all night.
3. Ericsson - Pots a goal & assist. Our #1 D, IMO. That stretch pass to Z was Lidstrom-esque. Big E is really coming into his own this season.

Why is Cleary still in the line-up? The only thing he is good at is being useless and taking penalties.

Our 2nd PP unit is horrendous! Kindl and Smith make me nervous.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
The refs didn't care about Z getting interfered with at the end, so that was the blatant make up call, but nobody cares about that since he still scored.

krax

Jul 25, 2007
Yup, thanks, got that. Guys get hit all the time after they pass the puck, and not every instance is a penalty.

As long as nobody else controls the puck, the passer is still in possession of it and can be hit. In the present case, the receiver already controlled the puck. 2' interference.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Wow they showed up.

Z was awesome, Kronner is still struggling a bit, Smith looking little better, Q makes good plays and bad plays. Get Kindl of the pp point, try some RH shot there. Eaves or even Tootoo lol. I liked how they responded to the physical game.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
I'm loving the way Big E is playing. Great passing out of the zone. Great on the PK and being very physical and smart.

3 Stars

3. Ericsson - Pots a goal & assist. Our #1 D, IMO. That stretch pass to Z was Lidstrom-esque. Big E is really coming into his own this season.

Big E is playing like our best defenceman right now.

Z's hat trick aside, Ericsson stood out to me more than any other Wing player. Best game by a Wings defenseman this season, probably by a wide margin. He was really physical throughout the game, had a great outlet to Z, and his goal was just icing on the cake. Hope that continues (if it does, he's our best D-man).

If E keeps this up he may be worth the contract that provoked all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here. Holland may actually know what he's doing sometimes.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
If E keeps this up he may be worth the contract that provoked all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here. Holland may actually know what he's doing sometimes.

may be?

****ing Kyle Quincey makes 3.75

the problem all along was people around here drastically underrating the market value of a Jonathan Ericsson

I mean....if you go back to the thread when he signed that extension there's seriously people that were hoping he would sign for like $1.5 million :laugh:

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
may be?

the problem all along was people around here drastically underrating the market value of a Jonathan Ericsson

I mean....if you go back to the thread when he signed that extension there's seriously people that were hoping he would sign for like $1.5 million :laugh:

One great game and he's our future #1?

Good grief.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
One great game and he's our future #1?

Good grief.

He didn't even come close to saying E was a #1, just that he was severely underappreciated. Moreover, it's been much longer than just one game. E's been playing better since last year. He's been using that big body of his and his mistakes get fewer and fewer every game.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Jonathan Ericsson is gonna get a massive pay day only because Kyle Quincey is so horrible, he makes everyone around him look like Lidstrom on steroids.

Ericsson is a serviceable stay at home d-man. His hockey IQ does not impress me and I still don't think he is physical enough.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
may be?

IMO, his level of play prior to signing that extension, and a fair amount of last year, didn't warrant the salary he received. I'm glad he's playing well this year, hopes he keeps it and all of that. I wouldn't expect any player to tell his GM "no, that offer is too much based on my recent play," but he got a VERY generous offer when he signed that extension.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Jonathan Ericsson is gonna get a massive pay day only because Kyle Quincey is so horrible, he makes everyone around him look like Lidstrom on steroids.

Ericsson is a serviceable stay at home d-man. His hockey IQ does not impress me and I still don't think he is physical enough.

I think you're either letting the first couple games of the season or a personal bias against Quincey cloud your perception of him this season.

Since his terrible start in the first 3 games, he's been one of, if not the most steady of the entire defence corps. He's gone from -4 to +3, leads the team in blocked shots and has only taken one minor penalty.

If he keeps playing like he has in the past 4 games his 3.775M caphit will be a bargain.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
may be?

I agree with this. I should have put that "being cheeky" emoticon in there to be more clear. I've got a soft spot for E because of all the $h!+ he used to get.

He didn't even come close to saying E was a #1, just that he was severely underappreciated. Moreover, it's been much longer than just one game. E's been playing better since last year. He's been using that big body of his and his mistakes get fewer and fewer every game.

^This. I get a little tired of all the negativity sometimes and when people are proven wrong after pages of their whining not a peep is heard.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

How was he underappreciated when he made some of the biggest defensive blunders of any of the team's D?

~Maybe~ finally after 4 years of development, he may turn into a legit top four guy (and let's hope so because it's awesome to have big guy who plays big), but he was appreciated for what he was bringing at the time.

I'm still not sure where to place this guy's ceiling (is he overachieving or underachieving), but he's 29 yrs old. He should be in his prime now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad