OT: Posters you really enjoy to interact with in the Habs forum

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It says his last post was July 1st, but I saw that he was active this morning. Probably just lurking.

I wasn't able to locate him. You have better sleuth abilities than I do.

Reactions: jaffy27

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lafleurs guy made an appearance for the draft, but you can tell the state of the team hurts him to the point of not hanging around much, goes for many people honestly,

i try to stay positive but weve lost a lot of good posters not because "they got bored" but literally because of whats happened over the passed couple years its a shame

But i definitely enjoy reading several people, you definitely grow smarter and learn all kinds of things, and also it helps if theyre a little funny and add a meme every once in a while :eek:

My Favorite right now has to be Adam Micheals, he keeps me from joining twitter lol, and our views and opinions are often similar, just overall appreciate the work he puts in to help posters stay informed
And to everyone else, the list is too big and for fear of leaving names out that i shouldnt, well you'll just keep getting likes from me lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Lafleurs guy made an appearance for the draft, but you can tell the state of the team hurts him to the point of not hanging around much, goes for many people honestly,

i try to stay positive but weve lost a lot of good posters not because "they got bored" but literally because of whats happened over the passed couple years its a shame

But i definitely enjoy reading several people, you definitely grow smarter and learn all kinds of things, and also it helps if theyre a little funny and add a meme every once in a while :eek:

I came for the memes... stayed for the discussion.

love you all.:dainty:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Not necessarily that I interact with them, but mostly from what I read.

montreal, Habs, WTK, Whitesnake, Dachampion, Kriss E, waffledave, Runner77, Adam Michaels, ToLegitToQuit, NotProkofievian, Chris Cutter, Lshap, 417, The Great Schlemko..............

Ok, impossible task, finally, way too many posters I like to read.

I also have to add jaffy and Belial, most of the time I think wayyyyy differently than em, doesn't take away what they bring to these boards.

Different kind of opinions spurs creativity, I like that.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Ah man lol I remember when Brian Savage made the mistake of posting here lol

Hell I remember when Chris Higgins little bro, Kevin, used to post here

Good times

There was another brother, an Impact player, who posted a few times too some years ago. It makes me wonder how much do players/staff/journalists may read us

Reactions: jaffy27 and 417

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Ah man lol I remember when Brian Savage made the mistake of posting here lol

Hell I remember when Chris Higgins little bro, Kevin, used to post here

Good times
I used to post on a board frequented by Shayne Corson's sister Patty a few years ago around the time he went to play for the Leafs. It did not go well for her, lol. Then on an old Expos board Mitch Melnick was hounded away because there were a bunch of idiot posters who refused to believe it was really him.

Was Savage's nickname "Mr. October" when he was posting here?

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I think whiskey seven integrated himself into the internet

My Favorite right now has to be Adam Micheals, he keeps me from joining twitter lol, and our views and opinions are often similar, just overall appreciate the work he puts in to help posters stay informed

I don't blame LG, I felt similarly. Tough to stay around and constantly talk hockey when you feel little hope in the team you cheer for. TBH this offseason actually made me feel more hopeful for the Habs, and more willing to discuss them again than I was during the season. I've always enjoyed discussing things I'm excited about more than complaining about what I hate, but try to stay reasonable nonetheless.

I do like learning things here too, I love the input on our prospects especiallythough I lurk there more than participate. And it's fun to get into respectful debates once in a while too. Love your posts too, Redux, keep it up.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I used to post on a board frequented by Shayne Corson's sister Patty a few years ago around the time he went to play for the Leafs. It did not go well for her, lol. Then on an old Expos board Mitch Melnick was hounded away because there were a bunch of idiot posters who refused to believe it was really him.

Was Savage's nickname "Mr. October" when he was posting here?
nah i'm pretty sure he went by his full/real name

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Then on an old Expos board Mitch Melnick was hounded away because there were a bunch of idiot posters who refused to believe it was really him.

Was that Fanhome? That place was rocking but it wasn't for the faint of heart. Things would turn nasty there in a hurry. And media personalities would not get any favors.

I recall one time when Terry Haig posted there and got slapped out. Now, I remember Melnick posting on an Expos forum too but don't remember if it was on Fanhome. There were other Expos forums that followed Fanhome, one of which was still ongoing on Scout Forums when I last checked recently.

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Was that Fanhome? That place was rocking but it wasn't for the faint of heart. Things would turn nasty there in a hurry. And media personalities would not get any favors.

I recall one time when Terry Haig posted there and got slapped out. Now, I remember Melnick posting on an Expos forum too but don't remember if it was on Fanhome. There were other Expos forums that followed Fanhome, one of which was still ongoing on Scout Forums when I last checked recently.
Yep, it was Fanhome. The very same. Melnick told a lot of great inside stories, like the time Dennis Martinez was traded in the middle of a game at the Big O one night, then un-traded five minutes later, only to have the Expos media relations guy wind up screaming in Melnick's face as he tried to deny that the entire thing even happened.

Jonah Keri was also a frequent poster on that old Expos board. He was just a snot-nosed kid back then.

This was back in the days before the Expos actually left town and a lot of the debates were with trolls from DC who were waiting to steal the Expos away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yep, it was Fanhome. The very same. Melnick told a lot of great inside stories, like the time Dennis Martinez was traded in the middle of a game at the Big O one night, then un-traded five minutes later, only to have the Expos media relations guy wind up screaming in Melnick's face as he tried to deny that the entire thing even happened.

Jonah Keri was also a frequent poster on that old Expos board. He was just a snot-nosed kid back then.

This was back in the days before the Expos actually left town and a lot of the debates were with trolls from DC who were waiting to steal the Expos away.

That was a great forum for the times. It was a relatively new concept and led to so many skirmishes as well as informative debates. Jonah Keri was constantly providing the sabrmetrics angle, which at the time, was not all that well known.

Sad thing is that when they moved on from Fanhome, the data base was lost. However, I managed to print a few pages and still have them. If you want to see them, I'll try and post them here. I'll need to convert them into img files first.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
That was a great forum for the times. It was a relatively new concept and led to so many skirmishes as well as informative debates. Jonah Keri was constantly providing the sabrmetrics angle, which at the time, was not all that well known.

Sad thing is that when they moved on from Fanhome, the data base was lost. However, I managed to print a few pages and still have them. If you want to see them, I'll try and post them here. I'll need to convert them into img files first.
Oh definitely I'd be interested to step into the way-back machine and read some old posts. I'm not sure I even remember my old nickname, or even if I had a nickname on that site.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Christ we’ve been reduced to a big love-in Kumbaya thread, what stage of grief is this? :laugh:

The GDT warriors deserve a big shout out too, some great work put up there and often more memorable than the game itself lately

Not being apart of the cool crowd is rough. :laugh:

There’s to many posters to name for me to list individual names for me. Surprised Groovejuice and Sandviper aren’t on more lists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad