Post your sticks

canuck44

Feb 24, 2010
Whaaa? Thats crazy. I've yet to try a Bauer stick, but I've tried most the other brands and I've always gone back to an Easton. That being said, thanks for the response. I'm pretty pumped to be getting that stick now :)

I feel like Eastons have the best feel. But they don't seem to last as long as Bauers from what I've seen. Although I saw a guy go through 3 Vapor XX's when they just came out in the span of 3 weeks...

drorange14

Sep 30, 2007
Sherwood Park
I feel like Eastons have the best feel. But they don't seem to last as long as Bauers from what I've seen. Although I saw a guy go through 3 Vapor XX's when they just came out in the span of 3 weeks...

I feel the same way. After using my SE16 with the FWT I legitimately find stickhandling with a different stick very different (in a bad way). I actually went to my LHS to get a One95 when I bought it, but they didn't have a pattern in stock that was similar to the Iginla one Easton has. I haven't had a problem at all with the durability of Easton sticks, just their blades. I went through three Synergy II blades before I just bit the bullet and got a one piece. A lot of the paint has chipped off, but the stick just won't break. However, I just play beer leagues once or twice a week which probably has a lot to do with it.

Durbo20vT

Jul 2, 2009
CT
The Vapor XX was terrible in the reliability dept. Granted i was still playing in college when they first came out, but broke 9 of them within 3 months.

I liked the way it felt and reacted to slappers, but just could not get over how fast they broke.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Fun week for new gear due to a much bigger tax rebate and a bonus at work!

In addition to the new Grafs, waiting on an Oggie Ergo grip (older whip flex) to see how I like it with an older short shaft, and just ordered a Harrow shaft-blade combo (75 flex concave grip-shift with #4 blade).

Now I gotta take the fiancee out to dinner so she doesn't feel left out :D

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Bauer Supreme One95; 87 Flex - Naslund
Bauer Supreme One95 Grip; 87 Flex - Naslund
Bauer Vapor XXXX; 87 Flex - Naslund
Bauer Vapor XXXX; 102 Flex - Malkin*

I like consistency. I got the XXXX before the One95s came out and then fell in love with the One95. I don't think I'll ever use another stick until I can no longer find One95s in stores anymore. I only use Naslund blade patterns (has nothing to do with Naslund, I know - it's just the curve I prefer) since my XXX-lite a few years ago.

*Got the Malkin because it was on sale to experiment with but I don't like the curve. One of my defenseman from the school team has had it for over a year now.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
I'm more of a glove guy but...
IMG_2895.jpg

Hrad

Dec 30, 2009
Nice collection there seriously awesome.

If I had stuff I did not need to pay for like a diabetic cat, hockey, a house, heating oil, 2 vehicles, natural gas, lights, phone, internet, satellite service etc etc etc.

I would own one just like that.

Yeah except it's actually his job to manage that many sticks. He's a serious TBL fan, you could say. ;)

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
The big problem is finding space to take a pic of all my gloves together, I need a wide-angle lens and at least a 10 foot ladder.

Line 'em up in your backyard and get a chopper ride to take an aerial photo.

Not that I don't hate you enough already... :yo: ;)

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Since Easton got rid of the Gaborik curve I have been in a stick fog, never being able to find the right stick while spending too much money. I'm a righty, play ice twice a week, majority of my shots are quick snap shots, wrist shots with the occasional one timer and pretty good at passing.
Vapor X60 77 Flex Kane
Sherwood RM19 85 Flex Coffey
Sherwood RM7 85 Flex Coffey
Easton Synergy ST 85 Flex Gaborik (Orange)
Easton Synergy ST 100 Flex Gaborik (Blue)
CCM U+ 85 Flex Thornton Grip
Warrior Dolomite Spyne 100 Flex Kovalchuk
Warrior Dolomite 100 Flex Smyth Grip
Nike Bauer Vapor XXXX 87 Flex Naslund
RBK 7K SickKick 85 Flex Bergeron Grip
Easton Synergy 100 Flex Iginla Grip(Yellow)

If Easton had not discontinued the Gaborik curve I would only own the Iginla stick purchased a long time ago. Damn you Easton! Haven't used the X60 yet, first time spending over $200 on a stick, I have to like it at this point, gambled on the 77 flex for a little more life on my shots. If you see a stick you like you know what to do, you know what to do.

Maupin Fan

Hot Air
Sep 17, 2009
Since Easton got rid of the Gaborik curve I have been in a stick fog, never being able to find the right stick while spending too much money. I'm a righty, play ice twice a week, majority of my shots are quick snap shots, wrist shots with the occasional one timer and pretty good at passing.
Vapor X60 77 Flex Kane

If Easton had not discontinued the Gaborik curve I would only own the Iginla stick purchased a long time ago. Damn you Easton! Haven't used the X60 yet, first time spending over $200 on a stick, I have to like it at this point, gambled on the 77 flex for a little more life on my shots. If you see a stick you like you know what to do, you know what to do.

Easton still offers the Gaborik curve on Synergy SE6 sticks only. Check out hockeymonkey.com. You'll see tons of them.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Vapor X60 77 Flex Kane

No Afinogenovs from TPS? You might want to try that out. I can post a pic of the pattern if you wish.

The X:60 is a pretty decent stick, well balanced and kicks hard. There's not much feedback in the feel department, I'd compare it to an Easton S17 on puck feel.

*Notice the top "one95" Samsonov(just below the Reebok 10K) in the lineup is actually a X:60. It was a really early sample of the retail stick, it's actually a P92 instead of the pro Samsonov pattern. I actually stopped using the stupid thing a few months before they were released. The feel of the one95 is good enough to make it head and shoulders better than the X:60, in my opinion.

Line 'em up in your backyard and get a chopper ride to take an aerial photo.

Not that I don't hate you enough already... :yo: ;)

When you have one-off custom model gloves like Eagle Z-airs and Modano Warrior 9500s among others, you don't put them in the yard that the dogs crap in. I made a picture grid of them using html to put the collection together because it's easier and shows more individual detail. I couldn't even begin to imagine how much lighting I'd need for the pic to be clear. :(

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2005
CA
Easton still offers the Gaborik curve on Synergy SE6 sticks only. Check out hockeymonkey.com. You'll see tons of them.

Stick is a little heavy for my taste. I saw they brought it back in one of their low end sticks, I can't imagine many guys wanting that heavy of a stick being able to handle the Gaborik curve.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
No Afinogenovs from TPS? You might want to try that out. I can post a pic of the pattern if you wish.

The X:60 is a pretty decent stick, well balanced and kicks hard. There's not much feedback in the feel department, I'd compare it to an Easton S17 on puck feel.

*Notice the top "one95" Samsonov(just below the Reebok 10K) in the lineup is actually a X:60. It was a really early sample of the retail stick, it's actually a P92 instead of the pro Samsonov pattern. I actually stopped using the stupid thing a few months before they were released. The feel of the one95 is good enough to make it head and shoulders better than the X:60, in my opinion.

I chose between the One95 and the X60, all they had was grip in the One95 so I got the X60. Never had a problem with feel for the puck. I prefer whippy sticks so I'm pretty good at using my hands to receive pucks. Having the huge hook doesn't hurt either. Never seen the Afinogenov curve.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
where where where did you get them? :( so jealous

They've been sitting on the stick rack for a while. One of them is a pro stock standard shaft though, probably closer to a "Dangler" over an actual Flyweight... Probably a good thing they used the Flyweight graphics because the Dangler graphics were awful.

BTW, speaking of the old stuff. The "Z-bubble" there is an aluminum stick with Z-bubble graphics. I've been trying to get around to use that one but I never seem to grab it. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad