Post your sticks

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I love the AK-27. I had the old orange one, shaft lastest me a long time. I just bought the new black one and love it.

Definitely worth at least trying out.

If you are in the Winnipeg area, the best bets for Warrior stuff are Play-it-Again Sports on St. Anne's almost at the South Perimeter, or Source for Sports on Pembina. They both seem to stock Warrior shafts, especially Play-it-Again.
Hmm, thanks for the info. I need a new stick so I'm trying to research and see what would work best for me.

No, I'm in the Toronto area, but I assume if they have them in stock at Play-it-Again in Winnipeg there will be stores in the area here that have carry them.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
TPS R10 95, R8 110, R4 95 and a bunch of AircraftCore woodies all Afinogenov and cut 2-2.5" except the woodies

Winnwell G-lite 85, some generic heel

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Hmm, thanks for the info. I need a new stick so I'm trying to research and see what would work best for me.

No, I'm in the Toronto area, but I assume if they have them in stock at Play-it-Again in Winnipeg there will be stores in the area here that have carry them.

Oh haha, well, should be easy enough in the Toronto area. I know Play-it-Again is really the best place for sticks in Winnipeg. Their selection is far better than Sport Chek or any place like that.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Oh haha, well, should be easy enough in the Toronto area. I know Play-it-Again is really the best place for sticks in Winnipeg. Their selection is far better than Sport Chek or any place like that.
Yeah. Have you happened to have tried the one piece AK-27? Or just the two piece?

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
2 of the same - Bauer Vapor XVI -P88 67 flex, i bought one at first because it was on clearance at an absurd price ($35) and I like it so much that I bought a 2nd one.

I bought a CCM Octogun a few weeks ago, in a senior 85 flex, then realized it was wayyy too stiff for me, so i sold it on ebay and bought these 2 Bauer sticks in 67 flex INT, loving them, my shot improved ten fold.

Then I have a few in my garage of older woodies that i use for street hockey and my skill pad.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009

Not necessarily, the PIAS here in Mississauga has a pretty bad selection of sticks and skates (there are shelves and shelves of kid sized skates, but only a few SR sized :( )

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Not necessarily, the PIAS here in Mississauga has a pretty bad selection of sticks and skates (there are shelves and shelves of kid sized skates, but only a few SR sized :( )

Haha, I guess it varies by location but you guys probably have tons of other shops to fill the void out there anyway.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
2 of the same - Bauer Vapor XVI -P88 67 flex, i bought one at first because it was on clearance at an absurd price ($35) and I like it so much that I bought a 2nd one.

If you like that try the One95 Int 67 P88. It's almost the exact same shape as the XVI, but better in every conceivable way. It's also much more expensive, but definitely worth it IMO.

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
If you like that try the One95 Int 67 P88. It's almost the exact same shape as the XVI, but better in every conceivable way. It's also much more expensive, but definitely worth it IMO.

That stick has a mid-low kickpoint though, the xvi has a low kick point, and I'm more of a wrist-shooter guy.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Haha, I guess it varies by location but you guys probably have tons of other shops to fill the void out there anyway.

Not really, I mean Hockeylife and hockey Experts are great and all, but they don't have alot of closeout stuff or older gems. Surprisingly, the Sportchek here in Square One has a lot of CNTs, one or two original Vapour XXX's (red/navy blue), Mission M-1's...too bad the XXX's were RH and 87 flex, else I woulda grabbed one :P

Durbo20vT

Jul 2, 2009
CT
Warrior Dolomite HD grip 100 flex Kovalev (x2)
Warrior Dolomite HD grip 85 flex Kovalev
Warrior Kronik grip 100 Flex Weight
Reebok 10k prostock D15 grip 100 flex
Bauer Vapor XXXX 102 flex Staal

drorange14

Sep 30, 2007
Sherwood Park
CIMG0015.jpg

Easton SE16- 100 flex Iginla
Sherwood Momentum 105 flex tapered shaft w/ wood Spezza blade
Good old Sherwood 5030 with an old Spezza curve (for outdoor shinny)
I used to have an 85 flex Warrior Dolomite with a Federov curve but I really didn't like it. Sold it to a friend

As you can see though, the SE16 has seen better days, and I just ordered a cheap S17 from hockeymonkey.
Speaking of which, how does the SE16 compare to the S17? For anyone who has used both...

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
That stick has a mid-low kickpoint though, the xvi has a low kick point, and I'm more of a wrist-shooter guy.

When I say it's superior in every way, I mean it. My wrist shot is as good or better with the One95, and my slap shot is like 100X better. If you know someone who uses one try it out for a little bit.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
When I say it's superior in every way, I mean it. My wrist shot is as good or better with the One95, and my slap shot is like 100X better. If you know someone who uses one try it out for a little bit.

Yeah, you would do better with the top end stick then a low kickpoint low-medium price point stick. There are a lot more factors to it then the kickpoint, and the weight, the balance, the responsiveness present in the top end sticks will balance out a difference in kickpoint.

meanolthing

Apr 29, 2009
I've got 3 current sticks:

(2) Warrior Kronik 100 flex, right Draper curve
Hate this stick, snapped my Macdaddy in practice, and I thought I'd upgrade to this since it's lighter and newer, but the damn grooves near the bottom of the shaft throw me off. Should've bought a Dolomite instead :-/. Hope I snap them soon!
(1) CCM U+ 100 flex, right Lecavalier curve
LOVE this stick, the whole thing is nice and light, smooth and just crazy responsive. Pretty ridiculous curve too :-P, but my backhand doesn't seem to be suffering as long as I start the shot on the heel. Might buy a CrazyLight in a little while because this one has a stress mark near the bottom of the shaft, which tells me it's on the way out.

All three sticks have been cut down about 3 inches, so they're a bit stiffer, and come up to around my adam's apple/lower chin when on skates. I used to keep 'em longer, but the whippy flex and lack of control while stickhandeling/passing was killing me.

Before this, I owned a TPS Response C4 with a Sundin curve in a Whip Flex, my first one-piece. Nice starter stick, but I dumped it off onto one of the girls I coach, along with my backup (Mission Toxic 10k Hossa curve, big mistake, that thing was a tank). This is a cool thread, keep it going!

meanolthing

Apr 29, 2009
Speaking of which, how does the SE16 compare to the S17? For anyone who has used both...

My little brother has an S17, and I've gotta tell you, it's a spectacular stick. And that's high praise coming from a guy that doesn't like Easton :-P.

canuck44

Feb 24, 2010
Currently:

Vapor XXXX 77 flex P92 (cut down to 90 flex)
TPS Response Rubber - I've never used this in a game, owned it for 5 years or so
Vapor XXX 87 flex P02 - Blade cracked, haven't done anything with it yet

My favorite stick so far was my Synergy SL grip. Just felt so great... until it exploded while taking a slap shot lol. The Vapor XXX comes in at a close second.

drorange14

Sep 30, 2007
Sherwood Park
My little brother has an S17, and I've gotta tell you, it's a spectacular stick. And that's high praise coming from a guy that doesn't like Easton :-P.

Whaaa? Thats crazy. I've yet to try a Bauer stick, but I've tried most the other brands and I've always gone back to an Easton. That being said, thanks for the response. I'm pretty pumped to be getting that stick now :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad