extras: Hagman-J.Ruutu-Pirnes

Timonen-Salo
Lydman-Pitkänen
Väänänen-(Karalahti) :lol: --> Niinimaa
extras: Berg, Numminen

Lehtonen
Kiprusoff

extra: Toskala
You'd seriously take Lehtonen over Kiprusoff right now?

gib

Feb 3, 2004
MissionHockey said:

Yes, I would. Lehtonen has always been super star, Kirpusoff has never been not more than good goalie. Of course Kiprusoff can prove me wrong in World Cup, but honestly I believe that Lehtonen will take number one spot for himself.

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
MissionHockey said:

Lehtonen could fit better in Summanen's style 'cause he played in Jokerit when Summanen was coaching the team. But still I'd take Kipru over Lehtonen at this moment 'cause I really feel that Kipru deserves a chance to show his skills in Lion-uniform.

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Team USA
Tkachuk-Modano-Guerin
Drury-Weight-Hull
Rolston-Gomez-Amonte
Konowalchuk-Conroy-Langenbrunner

Leetch-Hatcher
Schneider-Rafalski
Miller-Chelios

Esche
DiPietro

Scratches: Blake, Conklin, Halpern, Klee, Leopold, Smolinski

- - - - -

Team Canada
Thornton-Sakic-Iginla
Gagne-Lemieux-Heatley
Smyth-Richards-St. Louis
Marleau-Draper-Doan

Niedermayer-Pronger
Jovanovski-Foote
Regehr-Redden

Brodeur
Luongo

Scratches: Belfour, Brewer, Hannan, Lecavalier, Maltby, Morrow

- - - - -

Team Sweden
Naslund-Forsberg-Alfredsson
Zetterberg-Sundin-Modin
D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Jonsson
Axelsson-Nilson-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Ohlund
Johnsson-Norstrom
Tarnstrom-Ragnarsson

Tellqvist
Salo

Scratches: Backman, Ekman, Johansson, Lundqvist, Pahlsson, Tjarnqvist

Last edited:

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
I take it you don't approve? Personally, I think it's a well-balanced line-up that will work hard. Works for me.

I don't dissapprove (double negative) of your selections at all, I'm just sad that the US doesn't have any super players. It was a reflection on the team, not your lineup...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Lyons71 said:
I don't dissapprove (double negative) of your selections at all, I'm just sad that the US doesn't have any super players. It was a reflection on the team, not your lineup...

To each their own I guess. I think the U.S. team will feature several "super" players, but that's me. I can't believe so many people are down on a guy like Mike Modano, who before this past season was widely considered one of the top five forwards in the game.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
MissionHockey said:

It would be a tough choice, Kiprusoff had a awesome season this year but has not yet proved that he can consistantly play at that level, and Calgary did have good defense also. Lehtonen is a awesome franchise goalie but has only played 4 games at the NHL level, I might take Lehtonen over Kipper.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
T.Ruutu-Koivu-Selänne
Peltonen-Jokinen-Lehtinen
Nieminen-Pirnes-Eloranta(if Eloranta is fit enough, if not >Hagman)
J.Ruutu-N.Kapanen-Hentunen
5th: Hagman-Hahl-Laakosonen

Lydman-Numminen
Timonen-Salo
Väänänen-Niinimaa
xtra defence: Berg, Pitkänen

Kiprusoff
Lehtonen
Toskala

The most important thing is to get 1st and 2nd lines scoring, plus powerplay is the key.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
I guess nobody likes Team Czech Republic. Anyway, here's the lineup I came up with. Imo, they have a really good shot to win this tournament.

Straka-Lang-Jagr
Elias-Prospal-Hejduk
Havlat-Reichel-Dvorak
Rucinsky-Vasicek-Dopita

Reserve F's:

Vlasak-Cajanek-Vyborny

Hamrlik-Kubina
Zidlicky-Malik
F. Kaberle-T. Kaberle

Reserve D:

Slegr-Spacek

Cechmanek, Vokoun and Prusek

Any thoughts?

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Team Sweden......

Another crack at "Tre Kronor"

M.Näslund P.Forsberg M.Nilson
H.Zetterberg M.Sundin D.Alfredsson
D.Sedin H.Sedin F.Modin
P.J.Axelsson S.Påhlson T.Holmström

N.Lidström M.Norström
K.Johnson M.Öhlund
D.Tärnström M.Ragnarsson

M.Tellqvist
H.Lundqvist
T.Salo

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Lyons71 said:

Since when is Mike Modano no longer a superstar?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Ott = Snott said:
:lol:

Well he ain't no Devil, so this was expected..
And that means what....you are sticking up for a player that plain out sucked last year. He isn't a superstar, maybe his name still is but his play licks.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
JasonMacIsaac said:
And that means what....you are sticking up for a player that plain out sucked last year. He isn't a superstar, maybe his name still is but his play licks.

Ah thats right, your age fits the name of the site. Modano experiences one bad season due to off-ice problems (not due to age). His first bad season in 15 year career, and suddenly he's no longer a superstar. Ok.. Gotcha..

Yet you kept claiming how Stevens was still the league's top defensive stalwart last year and continuesly defended Elias for just having an off-year prior to this season. But sure.. I gotcha.. Modano is trash..

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Ott = Snott said:
Ah thats right, your age fits the name of the site. Modano experiences one bad season due to off-ice problems (not due to age). His first bad season in 15 year career, and suddenly he's no longer a superstar. Ok.. Gotcha..

Yet you kept claiming how Stevens was still the league's top defensive stalwart last year and continuesly defended Elias for just having an off-year prior to this season. But sure.. I gotcha.. Modano is trash..
I was the one bashing Elias wanting to trade him to Dallas for Morrow and a 2nd, is there any reason why Stevens isn't a top defensive defensmen. He won a cup in the last year he played and was playing his best hockey early last season till concussion started messing with him........stop making up ****.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
JasonMacIsaac said:

No one's denying Modano had a horrible year, but it's kind of juvenile to suggest that, as a result, he's been expelled from the ranks of the game's elite players.

Last edited:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Rabid Ranger said:
No one's denying Modano had a horrible year, but it's kind of juvenile to suggest as a result, he's been expelled from the ranks of the game's elite players.
I am not expelling him, I just pulled him off my list of superstars untill he proves otherwise. The odd thing about it is he seemed to lose his hockey sence.....weither his head wasn't in the game or not...thats up to him to decide but some of the bonehead plays he made made me wana puke.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Bonde 007 said:
Another crack at "Tre Kronor"

M.Näslund P.Forsberg M.Nilson
H.Zetterberg M.Sundin D.Alfredsson
D.Sedin H.Sedin F.Modin
P.J.Axelsson S.Påhlson T.Holmström

N.Lidström M.Norström
K.Johnson M.Öhlund
D.Tärnström M.Ragnarsson

M.Tellqvist
H.Lundqvist
T.Salo
I can't believe Henrik Sedin is on this team ahead Michael Nylander. Nylander is better at both ends of the ice. Sweden probably didn't want to seperate the sisters. :joker:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Team Canada

Hope the lineup looks like this

St. Louis-Sakic-Iginla
Heatley-Thornton-Lemieux
Richards-Lecavlier-Marleau
Smyth/Maltby-Draper-Doan

Niedemeyer-Foote
Pronger-Jovo
Redden-Regher/Hannan

Brodeur