ex: Simon Gagne, Brendan Morrow, Patrick Marleau

Chris Pronger - Rob Blake
Scott Neidermayer - Wade Redden
Adam Foote - Ed Jovanovski
ex: Robyn Regehr, Eric Brewer

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
ex: Ed Befour

I'd imagine Gagne - Sakic - Iginla will be a line. However, I cant see Canada sitting Ryan Smyth.

Last edited:

bhj

Mar 10, 2004
For Canada......

Heatley - Thornton - Lemieux
Gagne - Sakic - Iginla
Richards - Lecavalier - St. Louis
Maltby - Draper - Doan

Neidermayer- Jovo
Pronger - Blake
Redden- Foote
ex: Robyn Regehr, Eric Brewer

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Ed Befour

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
For Canada, the only line that I think is a guarantee to START the tournament is the Gagne-Sakic-Iginla line.

Will Sweden put out the Naslund-Forsberg-Alfredsson line :eek:

Vic Rattlehead*

Roughneck said:
For Canada, the only line that I think is a guarantee to START the tournament is the Gagne-Sakic-Iginla line.

Will Sweden put out the Naslund-Forsberg-Alfredsson line :eek:
I was looking forward to an Axelsson-Nylander line, but Nylander isn't going :shakehead

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Bondra-Stumpel-Palffy
Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa
Bartecko/Zednik-Handzus-Satan
Nagy-Hlinka-Orszagh

Strbak-Visnovsky
Chara-Lintner
Suchy-Mezei/Majesky

Lasak
Stana
Budaj

Radomon

Jun 1, 2004
Stockholm
This is my Team Sweden line up:

Zetterberg-Forsberg-Naslund
Axelsson-Sundin-Alfredsson
Ekman-Jonsson-Modin
Johansson-Pahlsson-Nilson

Lidstrom-Ohlund
Ragnarsson-Johnsson
Tarnstrom-Norstrom

Tellqvist
Lundqvist

PapaBear*

Yes I agree with the above post, Sakic-Gagne-Iggy is gaurenteed to start and will most likely be our top line. Heres how I see things. Since Vinny has been called, I really think its obvious that the 3 bolt stars will be on a line together.

Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth/Lemieux-Thornton-Heatley
Lecavalier-Richards-StLouis
Maltby-Draper-Doan

Foote-Niedermayer (they played so well last time and were our most stable pairing)

Pronger-Jovo

Redden-Brewer/Reghr/or the substitute for blake.

If Blake plays, then I would see Blake with Foote most likely.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Radomon said:
This is my Team Sweden line up:

Zetterberg-Forsberg-Naslund
Axelsson-Sundin-Alfredsson
Ekman-Jonsson-Modin
Johansson-Pahlsson-Nilson

Lidstrom-Ohlund
Ragnarsson-Johnsson
Tarnstrom-Norstrom

Tellqvist
Lundqvist

wtf?
sedins....
I would put
Zetterberg Forsberg Naslund
Ekman Sundin Alfy
Sedin Sedin Modin
Pahlsson Johnsson Nilson

Radomon

Jun 1, 2004
Stockholm
jtuzzi21 said:
wtf?
sedins....
I would put
Zetterberg Forsberg Naslund
Ekman Sundin Alfy
Sedin Sedin Modin
Pahlsson Johnsson Nilson

I love the twins but there's no room for them in my opinion. I think Axelsson definitely should be in the line-up, since he has good defensive skills and great chemistry with Sundin, and that means I must leave one spot open on the LW.
I'd rather want Johansson out there than one of the Sedin twins alone (not saying they can't play without eachother).

By writing "Johnsson" at center on the 4th line, did you mean Andreas Johansson or Jorgen Jonsson? Jonsson is one of Sweden's key players IMO.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
I was going to post Zambia's lineup but I realized I didn't know any Zambian players. So I have to go with Sweden and the WC lineup I want to see:

Zetterberg Sundin Modin
Forsberg Jönsson Näslund
Sedin Sedin Alfredsson
Axelsson PÃ¥hlsson Nilson

Lidström Norström
Ragnarsson Johnsson
Öhlund Tjärnqvist

Tellqvist
Lundqvist

A. Johansson, Holmström, Ekman, Tärnström, Bäckman, Salo.

Throw in Holmström on the PP with Sundin or Modin as a d-man. Jönsson is the perfect match for Foppa and Näslund, he would take care of all the defensive work. Sundin is our captain and the A's goes to Jönsson and Lidström. I would like to have Bäckman as our 6th d-man but he isn't experienced enough...

Let's go for gold Sweden!! :banana:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Seiza said:
I was going to post Zambia's lineup but I realized I didn't know any Zambian players. So I have to go with Sweden and the WC lineup I want to see:

Zetterberg Sundin Modin
Forsberg Jönsson Näslund
Sedin Sedin Alfredsson
Axelsson PÃ¥hlsson Nilson

Lidström Norström
Ragnarsson Johnsson
Öhlund Tjärnqvist

Tellqvist
Lundqvist

A. Johansson, Holmström, Ekman, Tärnström, Bäckman, Salo.

Throw in Holmström on the PP with Sundin or Modin as a d-man. Jönsson is the perfect match for Foppa and Näslund, he would take care of all the defensive work. Sundin is our captain and the A's goes to Jönsson and Lidström. I would like to have Bäckman as our 6th d-man but he isn't experienced enough...

Let's go for gold Sweden!! :banana:

Id but alfy on the top unit, and modin with the twins. Other than that, its a great lineup. Also, Sweden has three awesome shut down defenders, something that only Canada has. Ohlund, Norstrom, and Lidstrom.

Also, id move nilson to center, and take out pahlsson and put in holmstrom in the more physical games

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
jtuzzi21 said:
Id but alfy on the top unit, and modin with the twins. Other than that, its a great lineup. Also, Sweden has three awesome shut down defenders, something that only Canada has. Ohlund, Norstrom, and Lidstrom.

Also, id move nilson to center, and take out pahlsson and put in holmstrom in the more physical games

Näslund Forsberg Alfredsson
Zetterberg Sundin Jönsson
Sedin Sedin Modin
Axelsson Nilson Holmström

Öhlund Norström
Lidström Ragnarsson
Tjärnqvist Johnsson

(assuming they are happy playing on these sides). Ohlund-Norstrom becomes a dedicated shutdown pairing capable of taking on powerforwards. This frees up Lidstrom to play against speedier pairings and to play a more offensive game.

Tellqvist
Lundqvist

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
I have a try at how I think Sweden will line up.

Goal: Tellquist as starter, with Salo as his backup.

This is Tellquist’s job to lose. He has a history with the coach and probably won the status of default starter for Sweden in last years world championship. Salo needs to outperform him by a clear margin in camp in order to win back the job as starter. Lundqvist is back-up at best, and only if Salo is horrible in camp.

Defense: Lidström – Norström
Johnson – Ragnarsson
Tjärnqvist – Öhlund
Scratches: Tärnström and Bäckman

Unless Ragnarsson or Öhlund screw it up in camp, the only real competition for places will be between Tärnström and Tjärnqvist for sixth spot – Bäckman has already been told he is the eigth d-man. Tjärnqvist has a slight advantage, being a favourite of the coach. The pairings are tougher to predict, but these make most sense to me.

Forwards Näslund – Forsberg – Modin
Zetterberg – Sundin – Alfredsson
Ekman – Påhlsson – Nilson
Axelsson – Jönsson – Holmström
Scratches: Johansson, H. Sedin, D.Sedin.

Well, here is the real intrigue. The only thing I am certain of is that Forsberg will center Näslund and someone else and that Sundin will center Alfredsson and someone else, and that Modin and Zetterberg will play on the top three lines. Everything else is more or less up in the air and will probably be decided upon after camp. The coach has indicated that the two top lines will be top-heavy with talent and told to attack. Indirectly he has indicated that the third and fourth line will be strong defensively – Nylander was omitted because he wasn’t good enough for the two top lines – Sundin and Forsberg centering them – and not a â€third line type of playerâ€, i. e. not much of a two-way center.

If they are serious about putting more or less all firepower on the two top lines, Modin should play with Forsberg and Zetterberg with Sundin. Modin could be put with Sundin, due to their common history, but that is unlikely since that would put three of the teams four best snipers on the same line. Another option is to put Zetterberg or Zetterberg and Modin on the third line in order to strengthen that line, and fill out the remaining positions on the top lines with role-players.

The third and fourth line is virtually impossible to predict at this point, but assuming that they want them to be defensively oriented, I would guess that Påhlsson (best Swedish forward in the World Championships) and Jönsson (another favourite of the coach) are frontrunners for the spots as center. Nilson and Holmström will probably play as well – Sweden have few of their kind and Holmström could be invaluable on the power play. Axelsson is a reliable penalty killer, and since the coaches will probably try to spare the top lines from such duties, could probably claim a spot. Ekman and Johansson are tough to separate, but Ekman is coming off the better season and has – at least in Sweden – a reputation for being nasty, which should count in his favour. The twins will need a strong camp, or else they will be scratched due to not being good enough two-way players.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'll give the U.S. a shot:

Forwards:

Konowalchuk-Modano-Hull
Tkachuk-Weight-Guerin
Langenbrunner-Gomez-Amonte
Rolston-Conroy-Drury

Scratches: Blake, Halpern and Smolinski

Defense:

Leetch-Klee
Hatcher-Rafalski
Schneider-Chelios
Miller-Leopold

Goaltenders:

Esche
Conklin

Scratch: DiPietro

Last edited:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Leo Naphta said:
I have a try at how I think Sweden will line up.

Goal: Tellquist as starter, with Salo as his backup.

This is Tellquist’s job to lose. He has a history with the coach and probably won the status of default starter for Sweden in last years world championship. Salo needs to outperform him by a clear margin in camp in order to win back the job as starter. Lundqvist is back-up at best, and only if Salo is horrible in camp.

Defense: Lidström – Norström
Johnson – Ragnarsson
Tjärnqvist – Öhlund
Scratches: Tärnström and Bäckman

Unless Ragnarsson or Öhlund screw it up in camp, the only real competition for places will be between Tärnström and Tjärnqvist for sixth spot – Bäckman has already been told he is the eigth d-man. Tjärnqvist has a slight advantage, being a favourite of the coach. The pairings are tougher to predict, but these make most sense to me.

Forwards Näslund – Forsberg – Modin
Zetterberg – Sundin – Alfredsson
Ekman – Påhlsson – Nilson
Axelsson – Jönsson – Holmström
Scratches: Johansson, H. Sedin, D.Sedin.

Well, here is the real intrigue. The only thing I am certain of is that Forsberg will center Näslund and someone else and that Sundin will center Alfredsson and someone else, and that Modin and Zetterberg will play on the top three lines. Everything else is more or less up in the air and will probably be decided upon after camp. The coach has indicated that the two top lines will be top-heavy with talent and told to attack. Indirectly he has indicated that the third and fourth line will be strong defensively – Nylander was omitted because he wasn’t good enough for the two top lines – Sundin and Forsberg centering them – and not a â€third line type of playerâ€, i. e. not much of a two-way center.

If they are serious about putting more or less all firepower on the two top lines, Modin should play with Forsberg and Zetterberg with Sundin. Modin could be put with Sundin, due to their common history, but that is unlikely since that would put three of the teams four best snipers on the same line. Another option is to put Zetterberg or Zetterberg and Modin on the third line in order to strengthen that line, and fill out the remaining positions on the top lines with role-players.

The third and fourth line is virtually impossible to predict at this point, but assuming that they want them to be defensively oriented, I would guess that Påhlsson (best Swedish forward in the World Championships) and Jönsson (another favourite of the coach) are frontrunners for the spots as center. Nilson and Holmström will probably play as well – Sweden have few of their kind and Holmström could be invaluable on the power play. Axelsson is a reliable penalty killer, and since the coaches will probably try to spare the top lines from such duties, could probably claim a spot. Ekman and Johansson are tough to separate, but Ekman is coming off the better season and has – at least in Sweden – a reputation for being nasty, which should count in his favour. The twins will need a strong camp, or else they will be scratched due to not being good enough two-way players.

Do you even watch the Canucks? The twins are great defensive forwards, and now that their offense has arrived, they are awesome two way forwards. They have always been good defensive forwards, i dont know where that comment came from? The only thing they may lack is footspeed, and they make up for it in creativity, positioning, and on-ice vision. I dont see anyway how they will not be on the starting lineup. Pair them with someone like Modin, and that line could be dynamite.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
jtuzzi21 said:
Do you even watch the Canucks? The twins are great defensive forwards, and now that their offense has arrived, they are awesome two way forwards. They have always been good defensive forwards, i dont know where that comment came from? The only thing they may lack is footspeed, and they make up for it in creativity, positioning, and on-ice vision. I dont see anyway how they will not be on the starting lineup. Pair them with someone like Modin, and that line could be dynamite.

Well, being based in Sweden I admit that I don't watch them much.

Having said that, you should note that I made a prediction of how I thought Sweden would line up, not as to how I would want them to line up. The Sedins would be in my team, but I do think they will have a hard time convincing the coach. And he will presumably want both the third and the fourth line as shutdown lines. The twins are good, I know that, but have they actually at any point been used in a pure shutdown role?

Unless the twins are split, or being used as a pair of wings, Henrik will have to unseat Påhlsson or Jönsson as a defensive center - I am pretty certain that they won't crack the top lines. At the moment, my guess would be that he is behind them. Påhlsson was brilliant at the world championships, and the coach loves Jönsson. But, as I also indicated, it is tough to predict how the third and fourth line will look at the moment.

stockwizard*

The Canucks will never win a Stanley Cup with the Sedins in the lineup, and Sweden will never win the world cup if they make the team.

I have watched them.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
stockwizard said:
The Canucks will never win a Stanley Cup with the Sedins in the lineup, and Sweden will never win the world cup if they make the team.

I have watched them.

once, or twice?

stockwizard*

jtuzzi21 said:
once, or twice?
I don't know why you are supporting the Sedins so much.
They are slow, weak, not physical.
Their stats have improved the last few years, but they certainly couldn't get any worse, and their stats are far from stellar.
I suppose they are creative with the puck. That's about all.

For Sweden it is an embarrasement if they can crack their lineup. It just shows they don't have much depth.

I doubt they could make Canada's C team.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
I'll give the U.S. a shot:

Forwards:

Konowalchuk-Modano-Hull
Tkachuk-Weight-Guerin
Langenbrunner-Gomez-Amonte
Rolston-Conroy-Halpern

Scratches: Blake and Smolinski

Defense:

Leetch-Klee
Hatcher-Rafalski
Schneider-Chelios
Miller-Leopold

Goaltenders:

Esche
Conklin

Scratch: DiPietro

Not zesty... :help:

rbeeler

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Team Germany:

Sturm-M. Goc-Kreutzer
Hecht-Ustorf-Benda
Lewandowski-Boos-Greilinger
Morczinietz-Abstreiter-Reichel
extra: Kathan, Martinec, Retzer

Seidenberg-Luedemann
Ehrhoff-S. Goc
Leask-Schubert
extra: Renz, Kopitz

Kolzig
Mueller
Jonas

By far the best team Germany has had in years, although they will likely struggle (they are definately capable of pulling off an upset or two).

Total players drafted by NHL teams: 12
Players with NHL experience: 9

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Team Finlandos:

Lehtinen-Koivu-Selänne
Peltonen-Jokinen-T.Ruutu
Laakosonen-N.Kapanen-Hentunen
Nieminen-Hahl-Eloranta
extras: Hagman-J.Ruutu-Pirnes

Timonen-Salo
Lydman-Pitkänen