Post your embarassingly early hot takes based on the first games

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Nvm I read the title wrong. Habs win the cup, you heard it here first.

Last edited:

member 262271

I feel bad for them. Same thing every single year they get their hope insanely high from some big name free agent but fail to get good goaltending or good defense.
Being a leafs fan I can agree the hype this year was only fodder to be miserable whenever a loss happens. It's still early and still lots of questions, we'll see what's up.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I feel bad for them. Same thing every single year they get their hope insanely high from some big name free agent but fail to get good goaltending or good defense.

I don’t really feel bad because they always hype up their GM/management, when every single time they go for the big signings rather than address team needs.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Jaro Halak will replace Rask as the starter for the Bruins.

That could be a very true statement.

Tuukka was supposed to be the goalie of the future. He faltered and was beaten out as number 1 by a veteran in 2011 (Tim Thomas). It’s happening again.

I’m convinced that Bruins management brought Halak in as insurance against Rask’s annual playoff crapout. Aside from 2013, Rask’s playoff resume is mediocre at best. I’m not alone in thinking a shakeup in the cage is needed. The ONLY reason he’s still in Boston is because of his heavy contract. Otherwise Tuukka would have hit the bricks a few years ago.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Piping hot takes.

Zomg Dahlin hasn’t registered a point yet ... he may not really be that good after all.

Leafs will win the cup this season (lava hot one right there).

Lucic will get faster this season.

Price is a first ballot HOFer

Philly fans are very respectful to injuries that happen to the opposing teams players. And gritty is kewl.

Any arena 20 years old or older is outdated and needs to be revamped or torn down.

[insert team of your choice] is a laughing stock of the league.

Marchand is misunderstood.

Stat and analytic gurus make awesome GM’s. You’ll see.

I can go on and on with even hotter takes. But I’ll stop :laugh:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I don’t really feel bad because they always hype up their GM/management, when every single time they go for the big signings rather than address team needs.

Are you saying a GM who is currently in a long holdout with one of his top players, who did nothing to address his team's biggest weakness, and has only been at the helm for 2 months isnt already a top 5 GM?

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad