Post Your 2020 Draft List

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Do you realize at all that SM liiga isn't high scoring league.
Best scorers in SM liiga can score about 60 points but that's it.

What comes to Lundell if he would have wanted develop more his offensive skill and scoring he should have gone to CHL. Or USHL where game is more offense oriented and scoring is easier because all players are juniors not pro level adults.

I don't know how many points Lundell will score during his draft season but if i have to predict something i would say 30 to 40 points not more. SM liiga game is highly defence oriented so scoring isn't so easy.
It's not just about stats. I watch him play and I see a very good two way player, but not one who has dynamic offensive skills compared to Kakko or Laine entering their draft seasons. There's no shame in him being a Turcotte level type prospect in my eyes. That's still a borderline top 5 pick in most draft classes.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Some have Lundell very high in regard here. Getting past the top 2 in this would be very tough, LaFreniere looks to be something special even in Canada, and no way he's not going first if so. And good luck outskill Raymond.

But Kakko impressed me during this year, on what level do you have Lundell compared to him?

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
Some have Lundell very high in regard here. Getting past the top 2 in this would be very tough, LaFreniere looks to be something special even in Canada, and no way he's not going first if so. And good luck outskill Raymond.

But Kakko impressed me during this year, on what level do you have Lundell compared to him?
They are two completely different players types, Kakko is a highly skilled winger with good size and elite-level offensive talent. Lundell is a very smart two-way C with good skill but not as good as the other top prospects in this upcoming draft.

His strength is that he has a few weaknesses and compared to the other top prospects he seems to be the most mature on the ice, at least for now. He makes very good decisions offensively and defensively, but as said not as flashy as his competitors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomas W

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They are two completely different players types, Kakko is a highly skilled winger with good size and elite-level offensive talent. Lundell is a very smart two-way C with good skill but not as good as the other top prospects in this upcoming draft.

His strength is that he has a few weaknesses and compared to the other top prospects he seems to be the most mature on the ice, at least for now. He makes very good decisions offensively and defensively, but as said not as flashy as his competitors.

That's what I see in him as well. It will be tough for him to beat out Byfield simply because of the size, pure offensive skill and speed factor. But he looks like a top 5 pick no doubt. That Swede class of wingers all look really solid too. It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Reactions: Dominance

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Which guy in this draft is most similar to Zegras/Keller/Pettersson? Because that is the guy I want. And plays center.

Also is Lafreniere a true center because I've heard he might be a winger in the NHL. Is this true?
Lucas Raymond but he is a winger, although he has played a bit of center. Marner is a better comparison probably though

LiamMac

Feb 19, 2015
You can click the names to go to their Eliteprospects page.

Attachments

• 2020draftranking.pdf
    62.1 KB · Views: 33

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Quinton Byfield looks like a guy who's hard to contain the way Eric Lindros was. I think Byfield is a better and more fluid skater, but not as physical as Lindros was.

Lindros was so big and powerful that he could just put his had down and skate as hard as he could and people would just get out of his way... in junior. I think Byfield might have better awareness, as do most player these days. They're taught a heady game throughout their careers now. I would love to pick top 2 to get this guy.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Quinton Byfield looks like a guy who's hard to contain the way Eric Lindros was. I think Byfield is a better and more fluid skater, but not as physical as Lindros was.

Lindros was so big and powerful that he could just put his had down and skate as hard as he could and people would just get out of his way... in junior. I think Byfield might have better awareness, as do most player these days. They're taught a heady game throughout their careers now. I would love to pick top 2 to get this guy.

I highly doubt that Byfield is even close to Lindros as a prospect.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018

Woah woah, let's slow down a bit. I think Byfield has fantastic natural skills, but his production with his skill-set is nowhere where Lindros' was, and I have a hard time seeing him come close to reaching that. Honestly, if Byfield falls short averaging 1.5 PPG next season, I will consider it a disappointment and red flag.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Woah woah, let's slow down a bit. I think Byfield has fantastic natural skills, but his production with his skill-set is nowhere where Lindros' was, and I have a hard time seeing him come close to reaching that. Honestly, if Byfield falls short averaging 1.5 PPG next season, I will consider it a disappointment and red flag.

There's a thirty year difference.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
1. A. Lafreniere
2. Q. Byfield
3. L. Raymond
4. A. Lundell
5. J. Drysdale - I could see Drysdale going as high as #3 if a team views him as a franchise quality defenseman. IMO, he's the best overall defenseman available in this draft.

6. C. Perfetti
7. N. Gunler
8. J. Barron
9. A. Holtz
10. J. Foudy

james12

Mar 31, 2018
1. Alexis Lafrenière
2. Lucas Raymond
3. Quinton Byfield
4. Alexander Holtz
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Jan Myšák
7. Cole Perfetti
8. Anton Lundell
9. Noel Gunler
10. Justin Barron
11. Tim Stűtzle
12. Jaroslav Askarov
13. Marco Rossi
14. Jake Sanderson
15. Jean Luc-Foudy
16. Kaiden Guhle
17. Antonio Stranges
18. Dylan Holloway
19. Jerémié Poirier
20. Kasper Simontaival
21. Hendrix Lapierre
22. Tyler Kleven
23. Helge Grans
24. Martin Chromiak
25. Connor McClennon
26. Vasili Ponomaryov
27. Zion Nybeck
28. Daniil Gushchin
29. Ryan O'Rourke
30. Josh Lawrence
31. Jacob Perreault

thoughts?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
1. Alexis Lafrenière
2. Lucas Raymond
3. Quinton Byfield
4. Alexander Holtz
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Jan Myšák
7. Cole Perfetti
8. Anton Lundell
9. Noel Gunler
10. Justin Barron
11. Tim Stűtzle
12. Jaroslav Askarov
13. Marco Rossi
14. Jake Sanderson
15. Jean Luc-Foudy
16. Kaiden Guhle
17. Antonio Stranges
18. Dylan Holloway
19. Jerémié Poirier
20. Kasper Simontaival
21. Hendrix Lapierre
22. Tyler Kleven
23. Helge Grans
24. Martin Chromiak
25. Connor McClennon
26. Vasili Ponomaryov
27. Zion Nybeck
28. Daniil Gushchin
29. Ryan O'Rourke
30. Josh Lawrence
31. Jacob Perreault

thoughts?

Nybeck way too low, his skill, creativity, skating and forcheking are great, and his stick-cheking defensive play is extremely impressive. His size is the only knock on him but he usually wins duels against players much bigger than himself.

Reactions: james12

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
1. Alexis Lafrenière
2. Lucas Raymond
3. Quinton Byfield
4. Alexander Holtz
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Jan Myšák
7. Cole Perfetti
8. Anton Lundell
9. Noel Gunler
10. Justin Barron
11. Tim Stűtzle
12. Jaroslav Askarov
13. Marco Rossi
14. Jake Sanderson
15. Jean Luc-Foudy
16. Kaiden Guhle
17. Antonio Stranges
18. Dylan Holloway
19. Jerémié Poirier
20. Kasper Simontaival
21. Hendrix Lapierre
22. Tyler Kleven
23. Helge Grans
24. Martin Chromiak
25. Connor McClennon
26. Vasili Ponomaryov
27. Zion Nybeck
28. Daniil Gushchin
29. Ryan O'Rourke
30. Josh Lawrence
31. Jacob Perreault

thoughts?

O'Rourke will push for the top 15-20 spots I believe, he's going to really blossom with SSM this season.

Gushchin and Perreault are guys I think can sneak into the top 20.

Guhle looks like he's going to be the big slider this year. Was once touted a the premier defenseman of the age group across Canada but has since been passed by Drysdale and Barron.

Stranges will be the most interesting player to follow as the season progresses. I think it's fair to say based on pure skill he's a top 10 talent, but how London will use him and how scouts/GMs view his overall will dictate how high he rises or low he falls.

Good list overall, would also slide Mysak and Sanderson down a few spots but not by much

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Rightie defensmen Topi Niemelä and Kasper Puutio are my dark horses to go on first round

felixpettersson

Dec 16, 2016
Gothenburg
1. Alexis Lafrenière
2. Lucas Raymond
3. Quinton Byfield
4. Alexander Holtz
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Jan Myšák
7. Cole Perfetti
8. Anton Lundell
9. Noel Gunler
10. Justin Barron
11. Tim Stűtzle
12. Jaroslav Askarov
13. Marco Rossi
14. Jake Sanderson
15. Jean Luc-Foudy
16. Kaiden Guhle
17. Antonio Stranges
18. Dylan Holloway
19. Jerémié Poirier
20. Kasper Simontaival
21. Hendrix Lapierre
22. Tyler Kleven
23. Helge Grans
24. Martin Chromiak
25. Connor McClennon
26. Vasili Ponomaryov
27. Zion Nybeck
28. Daniil Gushchin
29. Ryan O'Rourke
30. Josh Lawrence
31. Jacob Perreault

thoughts?

I like it, though I think Emil Andrae is missing somewhere in the end of the first round

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
O'Rourke will push for the top 15-20 spots I believe, he's going to really blossom with SSM this season.

Gushchin and Perreault are guys I think can sneak into the top 20.

Guhle looks like he's going to be the big slider this year. Was once touted a the premier defenseman of the age group across Canada but has since been passed by Drysdale and Barron.

Stranges will be the most interesting player to follow as the season progresses. I think it's fair to say based on pure skill he's a top 10 talent, but how London will use him and how scouts/GMs view his overall will dictate how high he rises or low he falls.

Good list overall, would also slide Mysak and Sanderson down a few spots but not by much

Guhle is one that could go either way. He was playing 3rd pairing minutes with very little PP time on the deepest team in the WHL last year. They lost a bunch of older guys this coming season and Guhle will be looked on to be the man for them. He'll likely go from 3rd pairing, minimal PP time to 1st pairing and PP1 time. Very well could be a big riser with his skating, skillset and physicality finally on display. But if he can't up his production he could definitely fall hard.

Reactions: flamebird

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad