Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
While interesting, giving up Shaw after his best season in Montreal AND Byron who is a solid 20 goal scorer still makes me hesitate.

Gostisbehere is only 26, but has had an up, down, up and last year down career. As mentioned he is LH but often plays on the right.

Shaw is soon to be 28 and is coming off his most productive season with 47 points in only 63 games and brings toughness that would be missed.
Byron brings speed and good defence with 2 20 goal seasons and 15 in 56 games last year.

This would be more difficult a move than some make it out to be if it was truly the two Habs for the Flyer D and nothing else.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Edited the thread title. We had a rumour thread last off-season so no harm in having on here.

Of course stick to credible (ish) sources. Don't try to post rumours from random accounts with zero credibility and expect the post to stay up.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
do you think you might be jumping the gun here?

How? I know we haven't traded for him yet, but the fact that he's inquiring means he understands we need a LHD PP guy with a shot. Weber/Petry are fine. Drouin and whoever else we put out there is not

Ghost could be a good partner for Weber too.

Ghost --- Weber
Kulak --- Petry
Mete --- ????

Ghost wants a change of scenery. He's as perfect a fit on this team as you can get.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
How? I know we haven't traded for him yet, but the fact that he's inquiring means he understands we need a LHD PP guy with a shot. Weber/Petry are fine. Drouin and whoever else we put out there is not

Ghost could be a good partner for Weber too.

Ghost --- Weber
Kulak --- Petry
Mete --- ????

Ghost wants a change of scenery. He's as perfect a fit on this team as you can get.

For the PP yes Ghost would help alote ! But at 5 vs 5 I think Mete would be a better partner then Ghost for Weber.. and that’s why I’m not it’s him we need

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Seems like a no brainer to me. Why would Philly want this though ?

Both Byron and Shaw are useful players. That are a big part of this team. They are a part of our identity, which is a good identity.

But Domi and Gallagher also set that tone, while being undersized. But they are better all around players. Something has to give if we want to get bigger. Byron and Shaw are respectively number one and number two on my list who should be traded to make the team better.

It hurt to trade DeRozen for Kawhi Leonard. But it was the right move to make the team better.

Both Shaw and Byron would make the Flyers better. But I'd be surprised if 30 year old Byron were the main piece Philly would take.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
For the PP yes Ghost would help alote ! But at 5 vs 5 I think Mete would be a better partner then Ghost for Weber.. and that’s why I’m not it’s him we need
Every defenseman on your team cannot be a no offense defenseman this is the exact problem with our current transition game and exactly why we need a defenseman like Ghost.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Well, switch it up then.

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Ghost - Juulsen???

Then Ghost - Weber on PP1.

He has a good contract. $4,5m over the next 4 years. That's solid.

Philly wants to upgrade their forward lines. It's a good match.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Every defenseman on your team cannot be a no offense defenseman this is the exact problem with our current transition game and exactly why we need a defenseman like Ghost.

But Mete is working with a shooting coach. :sarcasm:

I don't get the Ghost rumors, he's apparently a RD and is weaker as a LD.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I want a guy that can bring offense to but I want a guy that can play 1st pair minutes and that’s not Ghost. He is REALLY good when it comes to PP, but at 5 vs 5 it’s way more difficult. Even Mike Reilly and Brett Kulak where more used then him at 5 vs 5 last season.

Reactions: Habs Icing

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
But Mete is working with a shooting coach. :sarcasm:

I don't get the Ghost rumors, he's apparently a RD and is weaker as a LD.
I thought he only recently switched to the right side due to overabundance of lefties on Philly and that in doing so had a bad year this year but I could very well be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad