Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Two things:

1) it would make sense if Habs are in talks with Philly. I look at the Michel Therrien connection. I know he's not the head coach. But moves have been made before because an assistant coach has a familiarity with a player.

2) it's been noted that Ghost is a LD but has played RD mostly. I don't know how true that is because when I look at Daily Face-Off, he's usually listed on the left. And they don't make those up at that site.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Byron and Shaw arent trash

Its just we would need to add maybe a second

I'd be surprised if it's a 1-for-1. So maybe a pick or a low level prospect goes the other way.

If it is a 1-for-1, as much as I love both those players, I'd tell Philly to pick whichever they want, Shaw or Byron.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The add on Montreal part would have to be significant for sure, even if Ghost had a shitty year.

Shaw+?Ylonen?, more?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The add on Montreal part would have to be significant for sure, even if Ghost had a ****ty year.

Shaw+?Ylonen?, more?

More? For Ghost alone? I think two assets, one with NHL experience that steps into your line-up right away and another that isn't far? I think that would be enough.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Two things:

1) it would make sense if Habs are in talks with Philly. I look at the Michel Therrien connection. I know he's not the head coach. But moves have been made before because an assistant coach has a familiarity with a player.

2) it's been noted that Ghost is a LD but has played RD mostly. I don't know how true that is because when I look at Daily Face-Off, he's usually listed on the left. And they don't make those up at that site.
Like I said yesterday...the Flyers were running a D squad with 5 LHD last year

* Provorov
* Sanheim
* Hagg
*MacDonald
*Ghost

So i'm sure he played the right side throughout many of their D pair rotations, but he's left handed naturally. So I think that point is moot.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't buy this for the same reason.
It's worth the discussion...lord knows we discuss trade proposals by fans on this board for days on end which are much less plausible/credible, then this one.

It's the time of year where speculation ramps up, sometimes it's just fun to discuss it without having to get wrapped up in their validity or eventuality.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Definitely fine with that trade. It hurts our forward depth a bit, but Byron was playing on the 4th line last year anyway when everyone was healthy, and Shaw is injury prone.

For the 2nd consecutive summer, Bergevin seems to understand our needs - Ghost is a definite need. Did he get a brain transplant or a new advisor?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's worth the discussion...lord knows we discuss trade proposals by fans on this board for days on end which are much less plausible/credible, then this one.

It's the time of year where speculation ramps up, sometimes it's just fun to discuss it without having to get wrapped up in their validity or eventuality.

Never said it wasn't worth the discussion. It's always great to speculate.

Not a TFP believer, is all. Surprised Pagnotta wasn't involved in this.

Reactions: 417

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Definitely fine with that trade. It hurts our forward depth a bit, but Byron was playing on the 4th line last year anyway when everyone was healthy, and Shaw is injury prone.

For the 2nd consecutive summer, Bergevin seems to understand our needs - Ghost is a definite need. Did he get a brain transplant or a new advisor?

Or his advisor is gone ?

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

do you think you might be jumping the gun here?

Reactions: Runner77

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

For some reason, I think Dudley's departure helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad