Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I think they will try to move him but $7M per until he is 39 with a NMC is worse than Webers contract by a fair margin. Might be hard to move. Also they have to do it between now and July 1. As of July 1 Pavalski can sign anywhere and Meier/leblanc can sign an offersheet.
I guess that’s where we come in ;)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How high would you be willing to go? I'm thinking 9 max.

Depends on if Duchene is looking for the most clear money he can get. Nashville is in on him as well according to what I have been hearing. $8M in Nashville is equal to north of $10M in Montreal when you look at clear take home money. Would Nashville give him a signing bonus contract with most of the money paid in July? Not sure.

I think our only chance at signing Duchene is he is willing to leave some money on the table ($8M - $9M range) but get most of the money in July and it's front loaded as much as possible. If he has zero interest in this, we will have to pay him north of $10M and I think we all agree, we pass.

Reactions: Acadien86

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Fans of team who has been mediocre for two decades and has been short on talent the entire time - breathes sigh of relief as one of the best players in the NHL signs elsewhere.

What a franchise. What a fan base.

We don't need those guys. We are well on our way. Stability in mediocrity. Our team is already set. We will automatically improve 'cause it's not like most guys had their best years and it's not like we were healthy most of the year. And frankly, everybody else around us are much weaker. That's why stability was chosen. Come on man, trust the process. :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sign Meier for 5 years at $5.5M and we lose our 2019 1st and 3rd. Worth it and do you think the Sharks can match? Also, what's the probability we can hit with a Meier type talent with our 15th OA pick and that 3rd?

Do the Sharks match if the AAV is $4.21M for 5 years? Compensation would be just a 2nd.

Reactions: Miller Time

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Thinking the same. Not sure a GM steps forward to make that kind of desperate deal for him buy giving him a NMC overlapping the expansion draft. However, there may be a team out there that might have two guys on D and don't really have a 3rd guy they would protect. Habs were in this position in the last draft. It was between Beaulieu, Benn, and Emelin and we could of spared all 3 easily
I can see a NTC with a longer term deal if that's what Edler really wants.
For instance, giving him an option of a NMC on a 2 year deal, or a NTC on a 4 year deal.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Sign Meier for 5 years at $5.5M and we lose our 2019 1st and 3rd. Worth it and do you think the Sharks can match? Also, what's the probability we can hit with a Meier type talent with our 15th OA pick and that 3rd?

Do the Sharks match if the AAV is $4.21M for 5 years? Compensation would be just a 2nd.
They absolutely match either of those deals. They'd match up until the 7's I presume

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Fans of team who has been mediocre for two decades and has been short on talent the entire time - breathes sigh of relief as one of the best players in the NHL signs elsewhere.

What a franchise. What a fan base.

Scary when you think about it. People are content with mediocrity around here. Too used to eating the stale chips they forgot what fresh ones taste like.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Scary when you think about it. People are content with mediocrity around here. Too used to eating the stale chips they forgot what fresh ones taste like.

Don't you dare say anything otherwise either! They'll label you a hater, impatient, a bad fan... Obviously we're just impatient, it's only been the better part of a decade with this administration in the end.

Reactions: Price4Prez

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They absolutely match either of those deals. They'd match up until the 7's I presume

If they didn't have cap space problems, I think they match anything. But after the Karlsson contract...

- $12.5M in cap space with 16 players signed
- Key UFA's: Pavelski, Thornton, Nyquist
- Key RFA's: Meier and Labanc

If Meier gets $6M+, they would have 17 players signed with $6M left. I guess the last 6 roster spots gets close to $1M each with no replacements for the departing key UFA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad