Post-Game Talk: Post Pre-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
He looked very good while playing with Crosby before getting hurt.
He had like a 2 or 3 game stint where he showed promise. I don't think he, or Simon for that matter, are good enough to be full-time forwards on this team and giving them long stretches in the press box does nothing to help them improve or develop. Probably NHLers, but not Pittsburgh Penguins, imo.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Someone needs to corner him, and in proper Scooby-Doo style, yank his mask off revealing that he is actually Eric Lindros.

Oddly enough, I think Lindros would be good in the DoPS.

He knows the way players try to do dirty things while looking clean and he personally knows what happens when players get hurt.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The type of people who need to be in charge of the DPOS are the exact people the league will never put in charge of the DPOS, because it's not in place to do anything. It's a measure the league takes so they can say "Hey look, we're trying!" It needs to be a separate entity from the league, where the owners have no authority over the decisions and no influence over the punishments.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I have a sneaking suspicion hell be taking Sprong's spot on the 4th line, but that may be a minority opinion.

Famous last words, but I think Riikola has ended that possibility for now (at least if everyone's fit). I think they keep him up and will carry 8D to avoid losing a useful piece to waivers - at which point ZAR can't be here as he's the only forward who's exempt.

Although I'm not sure how long they'll be able to keep 8D up with all the small knocks we tend to get. They'll need 14 F before too long.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
So very ready for the regular season to start. Ready to watch a winner versus the other mediocre teams in town.

I would be surprised if ZAR was not sent down. Riko should be playing with the big club over Rig or Olli.

I still think despite some feeling that Kessel with Geno isn't the best move that it will work out just fine.

Very excited to see all 4 lines rolling. Should be some serious scoring happening this year..

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So very ready for the regular season to start. Ready to watch a winner versus the other mediocre teams in town.

I would be surprised if ZAR was not sent down. Riko should be playing with the big club over Rig or Olli.

I still think despite some feeling that Kessel with Geno isn't the best move that it will work out just fine.

Very excited to see all 4 lines rolling. Should be some serious scoring happening this year..

What are people expecting/hoping for here?

I think the big thing I'm excited for in terms of scoring is Guentzel. If he's finally found his NHL consistency and gets most of the season with Sid, there's some big potential there. Big enough to threaten McDavid's next Art Ross if everything goes as planned. He's had a quiet pre-season but I think him and Sid have been holding fire a little.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I just hope the team is top three in the East, plays a team defensive concept, while cashing in on chances/no chest snipes or games with 40SOG and 2 scores, while winning another championship.

Reactions: Peat

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What are people expecting/hoping for here?

I think the big thing I'm excited for in terms of scoring is Guentzel. If he's finally found his NHL consistency and gets most of the season with Sid, there's some big potential there. Big enough to threaten McDavid's next Art Ross if everything goes as planned. He's had a quiet pre-season but I think him and Sid have been holding fire a little.

Rust and Brass as 2/3 of a 3rd line looks damn good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad