Post-Game Talk: Post Pre-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If that happened in Aussie Rules football (AFL) which can also be a brutal sport. He’d get a minimum 3-4 weeks say hockey is average 3 games a week it’d be 9-12 games.

If the injury is bad and it could be, his head snaps pretty violently then it’s 1-2 weeks extra and given his history it’d be another 1-2 weeks. So anywhere between 5-9 weeks and in hockey equivalent would be 15-27 games.

Just recently in AFL a player got suspended for 8 weeks because he sucker punched someone. The victim got a broken jaw. It was going to be a big suspension but they made sure it was long enough so he wasn’t able to play in the playoffs. His team went on to win the final and he was pretty upset not being part of it.

IT’S NOT THAT HARD BETTMAN!!!!!

I lived in Australia for 2 years, as you know. In that time, I was NEVER able to figure out when the refs would blow the whistles. Best I could tell, it was only when someone scored or it looked like someone was about to die.

That said, it's good to know they actually suspend for attempted homicide in the AFL.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
How the hell do you get suspended four times in a calendar year?

The saddest thing is the mental midgets in DPOS keep handing out these suspensions over and over to him and thinking it’s some kind of lesson...

12 months + 1 week. His first suspension last season (that wording alone should get him an extra few games) was on 09/23/18.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I lived in Australia for 2 years, as you know. In that time, I was NEVER able to figure out when the refs would blow the whistles. Best I could tell, it was only when someone scored or it looked like someone was about to die.

That said, it's good to know they actually suspend for attempted homicide in the AFL.

The league really changed when it came to hits to the head 3-4 years ago (punching/elbow someone in the head always was dealt with).

In football you can bump or tackle a player. The league basically said if you choose to bump someone and you hit them in the head (intentional or not) you’d be suspended. Puts the onus on the players to make better decisions. If not they miss some games (depending on the severity).

EDIT: The NHL could do something similar which if you choose to hit and it’s a headshot you are gone no matter what. There will be certain circumstances where it was accidental/unavoidable but for the most part these guys know what they’re doing and take risks with other people’s brains.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lets just say that you're a better person then I am, because responding to the bolded how I'd like is probably against the sites TOS. :naughty:

Speak for yourself, karma's a *****. If he'd get hit by a bus leaving the arena tonight, I'd pour out a shot and drink to that.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I'll laugh and be merry too. But I will also be sad that I'm celebrating the injury of a hockey player. I will resent the league for forcing that on me.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He isn’t very good in my opinion. Simon and Sprong when healthy should be playing above him no matter how bad they are.

Generally agree, but we ought to give him some time after that summer. I honestly think people underestimate how much that would affect your off-season.

Reactions: billybudd

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Said it before but if i had my way with Sprong out, i'd insert Haggerty. Perhaps it's just a case of ZAR was still up + they want Grant to be the extra/rested vet they can insert if Cullen needs a night off or the healthy 2-way vet if one of em gets an injury..

Perfect place for ZAR is in the A tho getting lots of ice time. I'd bring up Haggerty personally. Liked his pre-season.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Thoughts on Aston-Reese? Does he get sent down?

He stays up until Sprong is healthy then unless his play has improved significantly he gets sent back - and even then that's not a guarantee.

Said it before but if i had my way with Sprong out, i'd insert Haggerty. Perhaps it's just a case of ZAR was still up + they want Grant to be the extra/rested vet they can insert if Cullen needs a night off or the healthy 2-way vet if one of em gets an injury..

Perfect place for ZAR is in the A tho getting lots of ice time. I'd bring up Haggerty personally. Liked his pre-season.

If anyone deserved it in the pre-season it was him.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m expecting Sprong to practice with the team tomorrow....maybe wishful thinking but decisions have to be made by 5pm...assuming Dumo can’t go Thurs, then the Pens have to carry the salary of 8 D and that means 13 forwards...they really can’t have ZAR up here unless someone’s going on IR, and even then, they’ll only get a roster space....since the Pens only have $1 mil in space, I’m expecting both Jarry and ZAR to be sent to the A tomorrow...hence Sprong will magically be ready to practice...fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad