Post-Game Talk: Post Pre-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Riikola with Schultz, I think. Unless Riikola with Letang does amazingly well, then Dumo-Schultz. If Riikola lights the world on fire, I'm looking to move Maatta. We're gonna have a lot of big holes open up next summer, and a guy like Maatta could help a ton in fixing those problems (Brass, Hags, Sheahan, Cullen, etc.).

Especially if you can get Riikola signed to a 3/4 yr deal (which seems to be Rutherford's preference). 3x2.5m, and suddenly you can really start to look at whether going from Sheahan to Brassard at 3C is an option - dependent of course if DB is willing to be a 3C here.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Looks like Wilson’s our for Thursday. What a baboon.

I see he's starting off right where he did last season... or should I say preseason?

But hey, at least he lasted a week longer than last season before getting suspended!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I see he's starting off right where he did last season... or should I say preseason?

You know, THAT is the extra pathetic part. It's ******* preseason. Meaningless game. They should throw the book at him.

They won't.

I figure 5 games. And it will be a joke.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
You know, THAT is the extra pathetic part. It's ******* preseason. Meaningless game. They should throw the book at him.

They won't.

I figure 5 games. And it will be a joke.

In fairness, if they do 5 games everytime he deserves it, that'll eventually work because he'll get suspended half the season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Blindside from behind... to the head. How can that be a anything less than 20 games with his history?

tenor.gif

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
You know they won't.

If they were slightly serious, then he'd get 20+.

Well the next step is giving him 5-10 games. Then we can get into the 20+ range. Unfortunately step one needs to happen first, and I don't know if this hit is it (poor quality gif). Maybe we'll get lucky, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Eventually the NHL will start giving him Torres like suspensions... but I think we're a ways off from that right now - sadly.

Reactions: KIRK

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Well, that depends, is DOPS still in "F*** Mario, we hate him over 'Garage League'" enough to give Wilson nothing, so he can run free against us opening night?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well the next step is giving him 5-10 games. Then we can get into the 20+ range. Unfortunately step one needs to happen first, and I don't know if this hit is it (poor quality gif). Maybe we'll get lucky, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Eventually the NHL will start giving him Torres like suspensions... but I think we're a ways off from that right now - sadly.

First step has already happened... 3 times.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
First step has already happened... 3 times.

Yes, but they gave him progressively longer suspensions each time. They just need to get past that 5 game mark and into the 10/15 range to really start nailing him. I mean what's 3 PO games worth? 5 RS games? Guess we'll see in the coming days.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
He should have to forfeit his pay to concussion research. With him as a test subject. :popcorn:

Wilson should go on LTIR. He seems to have a brain injury by keeping up with these hits. ****ing brainless. The NHL will keep up the “there is no correlation between hockey and CTE” line though.

Think I’ll just get free streams instead of giving them money for NHL.tv

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You know they won't.

If they were slightly serious, then he'd get 20+.

If that happened in Aussie Rules football (AFL) which can also be a brutal sport. He’d get a minimum 3-4 weeks say hockey is average 3 games a week it’d be 9-12 games.

If the injury is bad and it could be, his head snaps pretty violently then it’s 1-2 weeks extra and given his history it’d be another 1-2 weeks. So anywhere between 5-9 weeks and in hockey equivalent would be 15-27 games.

Just recently in AFL a player got suspended for 8 weeks because he sucker punched someone. The victim got a broken jaw. It was going to be a big suspension but they made sure it was long enough so he wasn’t able to play in the playoffs. His team went on to win the final and he was pretty upset not being part of it.

IT’S NOT THAT HARD BETTMAN!!!!!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If that happened in Aussie Rules football (AFL) which can also be a brutal sport. He’d get a minimum 3-4 weeks say hockey is average 3 games a week it’d be 9-12 games.

If the injury is bad and it could be, his head snaps pretty violently then it’s 1-2 weeks extra and given his history it’d be another 1-2 weeks. So anywhere between 5-9 weeks and in hockey equivalent would be 15-27 games.

Just recently in AFL a player got suspended for 8 weeks because he sucker punched someone. The victim got a broken jaw. It was going to be a big suspension but they made sure it was long enough so he wasn’t able to play in the playoffs. His team went on to win the final and he was pretty upset not being part of it.

IT’S NOT THAT HARD BETTMAN!!!!!

I could make a bunch of rugby comparisons too. There's repeat offenders who've missed half a year cumulatively.

But that's because everyone wanted it. Its not just Bettman in the way here.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What I really hate about the Wilson situation, is that eventually...EVENTUALLY...someone is gonna get fed up with his shit and they are going to do something really bad to him. Something that will drop jaws. Worse than Chris Simon...something like Bertuzzi on Moore.

And what will piss me off is the pretentious assholes in Toronto will raise their arms and wonder why it happen...

Even worse is that an overall good person like me will not give one f*** about Wilson and I will likely cheer when it happens. And I don't want that to happen.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
What I really hate about the Wilson situation, is that eventually...EVENTUALLY...someone is gonna get fed up with his **** and they are going to do something really bad to him. Something that will drop jaws. Worse than Chris Simon...something like Bertuzzi on Moore.

And what will piss me off is the pretentious *******s in Toronto will raise their arms and wonder why it happen...

Even worse is that an overall good person like me will not give one **** about Wilson and I will likely cheer when it happens. And I don't want that to happen.

Lets just say that you're a better person then I am, because responding to the bolded how I'd like is probably against the sites TOS. :naughty:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
LOL at those who think the league will do anything about Wilson...

I said this last year: The league is reverting back to the “good old days” for some reason. Shit like this goes on almost on a nightly basis with little to no punishment for guys like Wilson.

I guarantee you that Caps fans, Bruins fans, Jets fans, etc were all screaming “keep your head up son!” at Sundqvist as that is their standard response when some meathead tries to remove someone head from their body...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

That's the problem with the NHL. Wilson never gets that "next step up to 20+ games" because they refuse to give him the 5-10 games for his antics.

By now he should be at the point where his accumulated suspensions put him in line for a 30+ game suspension. But the DoPS probably will fine him this time, so his next one will only be a 2 game suspension, and then so on.

It's idiotic at this point.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What I really hate about the Wilson situation, is that eventually...EVENTUALLY...someone is gonna get fed up with his **** and they are going to do something really bad to him. Something that will drop jaws. Worse than Chris Simon...something like Bertuzzi on Moore.

And what will piss me off is the pretentious *******s in Toronto will raise their arms and wonder why it happen...

Even worse is that an overall good person like me will not give one **** about Wilson and I will likely cheer when it happens. And I don't want that to happen.

Speak for yourself, karma's a bitch. If he'd get hit by a bus leaving the arena tonight, I'd pour out a shot and drink to that.

Reactions: Riptide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad