Post Lockout Bold Prediction

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I was reviewing the "bold" post lockout predictions in which SuperGenius suggested that we revisit in May while promptly locking the thread.... :skeptic:

mod edit: If I hadn't locked it, it wouldn't be as interesting to look back on now

One thing I noticed, Eklund and can't make a prediction to save is ass. But this quote, from me, just hurt me reading it.

With a shortened season and top six that will take some time to gell, I could see this season start off really slow and not have enough time to move up to a playoff spot. However, I don't see us finishing as anywhere close to the worst team in the West never mind the league.

Not that this is interesting to anyone but me, but I'm not going to open a new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
I was reviewing the "bold" post lockout predictions in which SuperGenius suggested that we revisit in May while promptly locking the thread.... :skeptic:

One thing I noticed, Eklund and can't make a prediction to save is ass. But this quote, from me, just hurt me reading it.

With a shortened season and top six that will take some time to gell, I could see this season start off really slow and not have enough time to move up to a playoff spot. However, I don't see us finishing as anywhere close to the worst team in the West never mind the league.

Not that this is interesting to anyone but me, but I'm not going to open a new thread.

Well done sir! :handclap:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Three predictions

1. Bobrovsky returns to his 2010-11 form, and solidifies his role as #1.

2. Johnson puts up 30 points in 48 games and is nominated for Norris.

3. Nash puts up 25 goals in Ranger Blue.

I was off by a country mile on 2., but not so bad on the others.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Before last season, it seemed to me that the Blue Jackets always seemed to start off the season hot, then cool off during course of the season(or of course, terrible slumps). I think the problem with that was leadership(the so-called 'country club atmosphere'), but I also think that problem is gone now.
I think we will make the playoffs based on these points:

1)We get off to a hot start. That will be a great benefit in a shortened season.
2) Bobrovsky(sic?) turns into a legitimate starting goalie-his performance behind our D will keep us in it once the hot start is gone.
3) Our defensemen depth will handle the load of the season and keep us in it.
4)Our offense will just do enough to help us win close games.

It it doesn't work out, no big deal, I feel we are on a upswing as an organization no matter what.

Day-um!

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Prediction? The NHL "rewards the fans" by doing anything possible to hand the Cup to the New York Rangers this summer. Yes, they still believe that everyone is a Rag fan.

Prediction for the Jackets? We see the most competitive, hard working team we've ever had. They battle hard on a nightly basis, but come up short on the playoff push. We wind up with 1 top-5 pick, 1 top-10 pick, and the Ranger pick becomes #30 after they win the Cup.

I was right on one (two) very important things here ... May still be right about the Rangers, but I won't be right about the draft picks.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Jackets finish 25-19-4 for 54 points finishing 9th or 10th.

Bob finishes top 10 in GGA and save percentage.

Mason performs well but not as well as Bob.

Mason and Bob are resigned but Mason goes to the ducks after hiller has a bad year and we get Bobby Ryan

Bold enough?

He may be crazy, but the Force is strong with this little one.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
I did successfully predict that we would lose the draft lottery. As I predict I will lose the powerball tonight.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
The CBJ will make the play-offs, but only if the league expands the format to 20 teams. If it remains at 16, they will make a good run for it, but fall short.

With 20 games against the teams in our division, it won't be easy.

I would say that I hit it right on the head.

We did better against our division than I thought we would, though.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
All this crowing is funny... ish.

Worth noting that the thread was closed with the suggestion that we revisit it in May. If only that internalized timetable of failure would have been wrong! ;)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
All this crowing is funny... ish.

Worth noting that the thread was closed with the suggestion that we revisit it in May. If only that internalized timetable of failure would have been wrong! ;)

I've eaten enough crow over the last decade to fill a silo.... I was close enough to sow a seed... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad