Post Lockout Bold Prediction

Paisano*

CBJ make the playoffs and finally win a PO game while the Rangers go belly up and miss the post season....still no playoff wins for Nash.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Here are some bold predictions about post quotes this year:

Blahblah:
"Capn, I totally disagreed at first, but after carefully considering your point again you have completely convinced me to change my mind on this."

Capn Cornelius:
"Gang, I've got the permit for the celebration parade - we can walk cheering right past Nationwide! Get your 'Howson >>>>>>> Burke' signs ready!"

Samkow:
:nod:

Mayor Bee:
"I still don't understand why Bettman hasn't yet moved the Coyotes and the Isles to Quebec City and Hamilton"

Viqsi:
"About time Richards put Umberger on the third line. We finally have a good LOFT quotient."

Cougar:
"Why did we not use the amnesty clause on Boll?"

Matthew:
"Neon green is sooooo pre-lockout"

Timeless Winter:
"Jackets rock! :yo:"

Apologies to the many other regular posters here, but I'll stop here...

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I have another one but it's based on the schedule.

I'm expecting it to be 48 games but the NHL will decide to make it a 50 game schedule. On the 48th game, Columbus will be in a playoff spot. But they will manage to choke on the 49th and 50th game and finish 9th in the conference. So no only we come close to a playoff spot but we will lose the lottery and end up with a mid round pick. Is that a bold prediction or would that just be standard Blue Jackets luck?

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
My expectation.... the first season the CBJ don't lose a game by getting jipped... not one bad goal, not one bad clock, not one hole in the net or one bad set of brezzers...

The season is hard to predict with so many changes and I do think the lockout will help (development) but they are still in the Central Division with the Blues, Hawks, Predators and Wings.... I wouldn't count on much...

10th in the West at best....

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Blahblah:
"Capn, I totally disagreed at first, but after carefully considering your point again you have completely convinced me to change my mind on this."

Capn Cornelius:
"Gang, I've got the permit for the celebration parade - we can walk cheering right past Nationwide! Get your 'Howson >>>>>>> Burke' signs ready!"

Samkow:

Mayor Bee:
"I still don't understand why Bettman hasn't yet moved the Coyotes and the Isles to Quebec City and Hamilton"

Viqsi:
"About time Richards put Umberger on the third line. We finally have a good LOFT quotient."

Cougar:

Matthew:

Timeless Winter:

A Hall of Fame post. Kudos.:handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Freak injuries caused by a long layoff and quick training camp will wreck havoc on both our team's and fan's aspirations. I can already feel my typing finger cramping.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The former, our goal tenders will stay injury free this season... :p

Star-Wars-hockey-goal.gif

Last edited:

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
CBJ - Jackets surge into playoff race late in the season and the building starts selling out again.

NHL - Rick Nash's cruise control doesn't piss Torts off until the second week of the season.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Three predictions

1. Bobrovsky returns to his 2010-11 form, and solidifies his role as #1.

2. Johnson puts up 30 points in 48 games and is nominated for Norris.

3. Nash puts up 25 goals in Ranger Blue.

CentreKeeper12

TheCentreKeeper
May 24, 2009
Columbus, OH
Jackets win the cup after a huge season from Matt Calvert and John Moore.
LA Kings fall in the crapper after Jeff Carter and Mike Richards injure themselves surfing while snorting a line coke.
Nashville wins the draft lottery after Pekka gets hurt.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Jackets are in a position to clinch the Cup. However, NBCSN conflicts with MLS and auto racing have forced the playoffs long and the clincher is on July 12th and Nationwide can't bump the Justin Bieber concert and NBC can't move the game TV wise. Long story short, the Jackets win and finally skate the Cup on Central Ohio ice...at the Fairgrounds Coliseum.:amazed:

Bit of a limb I'm going out on there, isn't it?:D

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
I am no good judge of hockey talent, but based on professional predictions (CBJ dead last everywhere), I am going with us not getting to 10 wins, and at some point, we experience a 12 game losing streak. 9 - 32 - 7 for 25 points in the west.

Unfortunately, that's not very bold.

Bold - - - I give Brassard 48 points in 48 games.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Blahblah:

Capn Cornelius:

Samkow:

Mayor Bee:

Viqsi:

Cougar:

Matthew:

Timeless Winter:

Now that is TOP SHELF! :handclap: Hey, where IS Top Shelf anyway?!?

bester vaive

Fear the Titan!
Nov 8, 2010
The loudest (and fullest) Nationwide gets this year is the Bieber concert...And, Wiz will be the best d-man on the ice.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm disturbed that not only someone knew Bieber was coming here, but that the follow-up cited the exact date, no doubt from his tickets hanging on the fridge!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad