Post-Game Talk: Post July 1st Talk

If Florida lands only Bobrovksy and not Panarin, will you consider today a failure?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
For people worried about Bob blocking Knight in a few years...what do you think the odds are of the Panthers exposing him in the expansion draft? :laugh: It gives Knight 2 years to be NHL ready...just a random thought.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
jIHZ37.jpg

Panthers killed someone lol

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Sucks that we missed out on Stone, and then Panarin.

I know the cost for trading for Stone was high. We don't have a defensive prospect close to what Vegas had, but still.

I thought the compensation would be getting Panarin in free agency. But alas, it looks like his heart was set on playing for the Rags looking at much they signed him for.

Still a tad disappointed. Doesn't help that we overpaid for a goaltender, a declining defenseman, and a middle 6 winger. When Tallon traded Bjugstad and McCann, I was hoping it would be more than just an expensive goaltender, middle 6 winger, and defenseman on the decline.

We shall see how it all plays out.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Yup.

Now here is the question, Would Bob have come here if Q wasnt here? Dale made it sound like Q was the biggest influencer. Pronger Played with Bobrovsky in Philadelphia too no?

Yeah which is crazy since Pronger is like 15 years older and feels ancient to me. Thought their handshake in the video was funny. "Hey Prongs...long time no see. Crazy huh?" At first thought he was joking like as if they had just met the other day during his free agent meeting... but nope. Teammates.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I've probably missed pages here and there but has it been discussed already: would people rather have Jugger/Canner or Connolly/Acciari? (money aside)

-ghoste

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I've probably missed pages here and there but has it been discussed already: would people rather have Jugger/Canner rather than Connolly/Acciari? (money aside)

-ghoste

I love the Acciari signing. To be honest, it's one of my favorites. He brings a physicallity we severely lacked (until McGinn came back). He will help reduce minutes away from Barkov and Trocheck for PK.

McCann was good....but he likely was the bait for them to take Bjugstad. He also blocked Borgstrom to a degree.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I love the Acciari signing. To be honest, it's one of my favorites. He brings a physicallity we severely lacked (until McGinn came back). He will help reduce minutes away from Barkov and Trocheck for PK.

McCann was good....but he likely was the bait for them to take Bjugstad. He also blocked Borgstrom to a degree.
I love this signing too. But I'm a sucker for in-your-face, hard hat hockey.

-ghoste

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CyBorg24

Apr 3, 2019
Sucks that we missed out on Stone, and then Panarin.

I know the cost for trading for Stone was high. We don't have a defensive prospect close to what Vegas had, but still.

I thought the compensation would be getting Panarin in free agency. But alas, it looks like his heart was set on playing for the Rags looking at much they signed him for.

Still a tad disappointed. Doesn't help that we overpaid for a goaltender, a declining defenseman, and a middle 6 winger. When Tallon traded Bjugstad and McCann, I was hoping it would be more than just an expensive goaltender, middle 6 winger, and defenseman on the decline.

We shall see how it all plays out.

All of which filled a need though. FA means overpaying, especially for a top goalie like Bob. Someone was going to give him that money or very close to it

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If we move Pysyk, we’ll have between 3-4 mil left to spend. With him about 1mil once the depth/minimum priced guys have to be signed.

Acciari on one line and Hawryluk on another will add some nice grit to the bottom-6 on a separate note

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I've probably missed pages here and there but has it been discussed already: would people rather have Jugger/Canner or Connolly/Acciari? (money aside)

-ghoste

This team has been super soft. Watching the playoffs all I kept thinking was the Panther would be broken playing these teams. I liked Jugger and Canner is a nice player but I’ll take these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad