Post-Game Talk: Post July 1st Talk

If Florida lands only Bobrovksy and not Panarin, will you consider today a failure?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Kid Icarus

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

You can also add Panik to the Caps, Varly to the Isles, and Zaitsev and Brown to Ottawa for Ceci.

Last edited:

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Connolly is a good player. He did not play on the powerplay at all and put up 40 points. Florida was horrible last year at even strength, he will help a lot.

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
Alright, is there any realistic upgrade we could get with the remaining 10+ million cap? Ufa/trade(/offer sheets are a myth) doesnt matter

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I'm guessing this means we don't get panarin or hoffman being traded...?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If the former list is true, Dale isn't 100% stupid after all. The best part about it is that the "bread > hoff" drivel might stop, not completely tho since selected few want to have their post-mortems.

Reactions: Dutch Panther

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Am I the only one scared of the Bob contract? I'm really excited to have an elite goaltender for 3-4 years moving forward, but years 5-7 are going to really hurt with a 10M goaltender who might (will probably) be on the decline.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
If we're out on panarin, I'm hoping we go after Lee. Adding Connolly, Lee and Bob would be fantastic.

If that extra money is spent on adding Stralman....eh

At $12M I'm neutral on Panarin. Could take or leave.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Am I the only one scared of the Bob contract? I'm really excited to have an elite goaltender for 3-4 years moving forward, but years 5-7 are going to really hurt with a 10M goaltender who might (will probably) be on the decline.

I'm quite sure that Bob's contract will be bought out after three years and then we'll have Knight/Bednard duo at the net.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If we're out on panarin, I'm hoping we go after Lee. Adding Connolly, Lee and Bob would be fantastic.

Lee supposedly is gonna sign some $7mil per deal with the Isles. That's a lot of dough for 50pts production. Thx, no thx.

Reactions: Dutch Panther

Dutch Panther

Jun 25, 2017
Schiedam
Glad we got Bob. I think 2 of that big contracts will hurt out future cap. Better spread it on deapth quality and save some for our future signings. Maybe it's better for the lockerroom chemistry also.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland

Might or might not. For example Rinne is 36 yo. and playing well. The most important thing is to sign a good enough goalie to win championships.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Lee supposedly is gonna sign some $7mil per deal with the Isles. That's a lot of dough for 50pts production. Thx, no thx.

Yeah $7M might be high... But I'd like to see us still add to the forwards if we aren't adding Panarin. Maybe go for Ferland.

Right now with bob, connolly, and maybe a dman, it's a solid team, but I wouldn't consider us a big threat unless bob plays like a vezina winner.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Well Stralman would only cost a bit. Might be best to save the rest of that money for Hoff and Dadonov as UFAs next year.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Hoffman-Trocheck-Vatrano
Connolly-Borgstrom-Sceviour
Brouwer-Sheahan-Hawryluk

Ekblad-Yandle
Matheson-Stralman
Weegar-Pysyk

Bob
Monty

Best coach in the league, forwards are fantastic, goalies are more than good enough. Just a question of if the defense is good enough to make the playoffs.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
I still think I wake up tomorrow morning and find out Bob and Bread are Panthers. Doesn't make any sense for Bread to sign anywhere else - the situation in Florida is too perfect for him. Sounds to me like last minute dramatics to drive up the price.

If he doesn't sign though... *shrug* of course it's less exciting, but I'm not that concerned. I wasn't worried about the offense, it just would have been all that much better with him here. Hard to be mad about being able to keep Hoffman.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
The way I see it, considering the goalie situation and the caliber of goalie Bob is, you kind of just had to go in expecting to overpay and adjust expectations accordingly. I would've been shooting for single digits but understanding that it would probably be more.

Do I think 7x10 is an overpayment? Yes. But is it on the higher end of what I considered possible overpayments? Not really.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
If he doesn't sign though... *shrug* of course it's less exciting, but I'm not that concerned. I wasn't worried about the offense, it just would have been all that much better with him here. Hard to be mad about being able to keep Hoffman.
I agree. I think the importance of Panarin kind of got inflated by the excitement over being the odds on favorite to land him. If we had never been included in the rumors to begin with you probably wouldn't find too many Florida fans being like "man, we really need to break the bank for another dynamic wing"

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
If Spencer Knight becomes what he is projected to be we will all be glad we took him at 13th.
1. "if". Experts and fans also hyped similarly highly touted goalies like Jack Campbell and Zach Fucale into greatness.
2. Tallon passed York, Caufield, Newhook and especially Krebs, who was a consensus top 10 pick. If they become what they are projected they will spend their ELC years in the NHL. Tallon could've drafted goalie in previous or later draft year who would've fit the time frame better. The way this has played out is a total disaster for Florida.
3. Knight will probably start in the AHL, and that will burn years off his ELC when Florida could actually benefit from that. And he will have to compete with Bobrovsky.

If everything goes to plan with Knight, then Bobrovsky still has 3-4 years remaining on his contract, what you're going to do about that? Sit 10M goalie on the bench? What a waste.

“I’m trying to move out bad contracts so I can give out some more tomorrow.” -Dale Tallon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->