Post Game Talk - SummerSlam 2018

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Welp....

At least we have the Universal title on t.v again (but Roman is champ... and probably champ for 9 months)
Alexa is no longer champion (but we have one who's still pretty green/its too soon)

A lot of people are saying that now. That its great that they'll have a champion on TV every week, but give it a month and people will be sick of it. Can we please get Roman off of my TV, he opens and closes the show and they had snippets of him throughout.

The one thing that I used to like is that the Champion wasn't on the shows every week. I mean they took it to stupid levels with Brock. But the Champ showing up should be an event that you build anticipation to, so that when he shows up "Business is about to pick up"

Roman isn't a good enough wrestler or promo guy to be on Raw week in and out all the time, and if you think that people hate him now, put him under the champions microscope and the Fans will really turn on him as a Champ.

I mean they already realized that the fans hated him as Champ last night and bought out the support system in the shield to carry him, and if anyone doesn't think that wasn't a hasty add on after the Summer Slam Braun Debacle I have a bridge for sale.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
A lot of people are saying that now. That its great that they'll have a champion on TV every week, but give it a month and people will be sick of it. Can we please get Roman off of my TV, he opens and closes the show and they had snippets of him throughout.

The one thing that I used to like is that the Champion wasn't on the shows every week. I mean they took it to stupid levels with Brock. But the Champ showing up should be an event that you build anticipation to, so that when he shows up "Business is about to pick up"

Roman isn't a good enough wrestler or promo guy to be on Raw week in and out all the time, and if you think that people hate him now, put him under the champions microscope and the Fans will really turn on him as a Champ.

I mean they already realized that the fans hated him as Champ last night and bought out the support system in the shield to carry him, and if anyone doesn't think that wasn't a hasty add on after the Summer Slam Braun Debacle I have a bridge for sale.

Having the champion on the show every week only means something if someone very popular is involved in that program. People will get over the title being on the show real quick the longer the strap is on Reigns. I don't think Braun is popular enough to make it worth sitting through Reigns as champion. I don't even think that the Shield reformation is liked well enough at this stage, due to what it all means, to make it worth sitting through either. I think at this point, the only guy I could see being involved with this sort of Reigns title run that would keep them watching is AJ Styles. Seth and Dean could be if they were against Reigns. Bryan could be if he was given the push.

They need to get the title off of Reigns pretty quickly despite the Shield reformation and despite whatever adds they may think of to put into this. I also don't think Braun should have a long reign either because a monster face against the group of heels that is there regularly is tough to make money off of. The only thing that would save the Universal Title from being thought of as meh is a genuinely popular champion. Raw doesn't have that now that Rollins and Ambrose are becoming Reigns' bitch boys.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Welp....

At least we have the Universal title on t.v again (but Roman is champ... and probably champ for 9 months)
Alexa is no longer champion (but we have one who's still pretty green/its too soon)

As Floyd said it doesn’t matter much if it is on TV if you don’t have a feud that people can get into. That is the big red flag of having Roman as champ.

On the women’s side, they also have a problem in that they are making literally everything about Ronda to the detriment of the rest of the division. That honestly isn’t any different to Alexa, and everything being about her. It actually might be even worse because Ronda is a face, and Steph feels the need to be Ronda’s heel authority figure.

You can only ride so long on Ronda’s name alone. If the plan is to push all the women to the side, have Ronda feud with Steph, and get written off TV every month for attacking Steph, then we are no better off then before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad