Post-Game Talk: Post game - Leafs Win 4-1

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Love this years team. Ceci is playing like I thought he would. Let’s hope we resign him. Holl will be the odd man out again. Marner is dangerous in so many ways. Rielly makes his partners better and is a top NHL d man.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Seems to me the Kerfoot fan club is larger than the Fredrick Andersen fan club around here.

No digging need to see the obvious.

:naughty:

I don't think it's a big fan club, you've just made a couple of erroneous statements about Kerfoot, and a couple of people corrected you, not a big deal.

As to your comment that Kerfoot is a perimeter player, I think you'll find that you're very much mistaken when you see him for more than 2 games. Avs fans were quite ambivalent towards him, but to a man said that he consistently goes to the dirty areas/crashes the net.

Reactions: Zacman

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Which players is best 5v5 right now?

So Nylander draws the penalties and ppl1 converts. Not a bad plan.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Marner has not earned anything yet wait at least 62 games. Please continue like this.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
The bad:
October Fred?
Still rather underwhelmed by Barrie a lil better than Jake but not much better
Kapanens hockey iq
Marner really needs to shut it because i hardly cheered when he scored im still pissed about his off ice antics so i need more of that one of a kind magical on ice stuff

The good:
Matthews looks like he elevated his game hes on another level WOW
PP
The Gauth looks like he belongs
Ceci is so f***ing good by far my fave new guy
Win

Beat the Habs please tonight. Thanks in advance.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I used to knock him because of being on the Matthews line all the time, but his presence is definitely missed. What a hard worker, never gives up on the puck, can't wait until he comes back.

I've grown to appreciate him... a lot.

You cant have 12 skilled guys on a team. Nor can you have 12 guys like him. But there is definitely room for his skillset here. Great forechecker, tireless worker, physical and a good net presence. Hes a nice piece for us.

Reactions: kb

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Best to worst:

Marner/Rielly
Andersen (might be lower because he made 2 bad plays in a row that lead to his GA)
Matthews (quiet night from Tthews tbh)
Ceci (very quiet, not a single mistake)
Tavares (meh, I think Kapanen is killing everything including possibilities)
Spezza (I know but in his minutes)
Muzzin
Nylander (GET SOME FIRE)
Johnsson (don’t think that first one was a penalty, regardless, like his tenacity)
Barrie (got burned, as I predicted. Let off one slapper all game, his only SOG)
Sandin (had a rough one)
Kapanen

Rest were too invisible to mention. Whole 3rd line was invisible. Didn’t notice Gauthier/Moore/Holl/Petan enough to mention. Kapanen is completely lost on the LW and it’s killing any 5v5 potential that line has.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Be realistic. Mcdavid is a whole level above everyone else.
Normally yes, but he's coming off ACL surgery and I don't know if you watched his first game but he was noticably slower than last year.

He's still faster than 95% of the league but at least for now he doesn't have that top gear where he looks like he was shot out of a cannon

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
lol it was just one of those nites for Sandin......

GettyImages-1173688330-e1570250867285-1024x683.jpg

(from Athletic)

Reactions: Havoc and mmalady

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Surprised so many are ranking AJ so low... he has clearly been asked to be the forecheker/checker on his line and has been doing pretty decently. Taking some serious abuse in front of the net providing screens for at least one goal. Held his ground against much much bigger men.

AJ has been fine but now isnt being asked to be the main creative force like he was in the bottom 6 for large parts of last year.

Kap tunnel vision is getting worse though so a Hyman esq role may suit him better if he accepts it and starts bulking up a bit.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
AJ's a great shift disturber. He's certainly starting to show more of an edge now that he's comfortable at the NHL level. He crossed the line a bit last night but overall it's a positive thing.

He's almost like Komorov except AJ has a much better offensive skill set and doesn't hit as much/hard

Reactions: DarkKnight

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Ceci's goal got me thinking about some useless trivia: what players have scored a goal for both Toronto and Ottawa? Preseason doesn't count.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Every time I see Ceci make plays that a normal top 4 dman should make, it makes me cringe at the thought of having Zaitsev for another 5 years...

Zaitsev was honestly no different than Polak in the grand scheme of things.

Oh well, that's the Sens problem now.

Kinda becoming a Ceci fan .. I really want to see him succeed here.

Reactions: therealkoho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad