Post-Game Talk: Post game - Leafs Win 4-1

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
We can't afford Barrie without some serious roster moves...he'll probably cost almost twice as much as Ceci.

Except we literally can afford Barrie and Barrie is more than twice as good as Ceci lol.

Muzzin is the guy you don't sign. Even if you had cap space. You don't sign Muzzin to the contract he'll demand. He's on the wrong side of 30 and he's already slow. I love his game right now but giving him a big contract is the most obviously bad move possible.

You keep Barrie, re-sign Dermott for 3-4 mil on the high side, bring Liljegren up next year, and find a cheaper vet UFA to fill the last gap.

That's the ideal world.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, Marner and JT aren't the same without him

I'm no Nylander fan at all no matter how elite his skill set is,

Mikheyev has only played 2 NHL games and he's already won more board battles then Willie in his 4 years in the league and blocked more shots btw, but his skill-set may be a notch below:nod:
Nylander - 56 career blocked shots.

Mikheyev must be a goalie if he has already blocked that many in 2 games.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

Jun 27, 2005
I've grown to appreciate him... a lot.

You cant have 12 skilled guys on a team. Nor can you have 12 guys like him. But there is definitely room for his skillset here. Great forechecker, tireless worker, physical and a good net presence. Hes a nice piece for us.

No one says Hyman isn't a fine 3rd or 4th liner but the problem is that he plays on the top line and that's a travesty.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToMaLe

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
No one says Hyman isn't a fine 3rd or 4th liner but the problem is that he plays on the top line and that's a travesty.

Not sure the Leafs have anyone who will do the job to open up the ice like Hyman does for the Tavares/Marner duo, not to mention dig out the puck for those two.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Good battles in front of the net. Just needs to watch his slash move...he does it all the time. It'll be his "canopener" downfall.
People will whine that our players aren't gritty enough and then whine when they take penalties.

It comes with the territory people...

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Spezza was great last night. That line was in the other teams end just about every shift
The 4th line as a unit was on the ice for 7 shot attempts for and 0 against. Spezza and Petan were on the ice for 2 and 3 shot attempts against for the entire game. Even Goat came out positive despite getting caved in with the 3rd line once or twice.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Except we literally can afford Barrie and Barrie is more than twice as good as Ceci lol.

Muzzin is the guy you don't sign. Even if you had cap space. You don't sign Muzzin to the contract he'll demand. He's on the wrong side of 30 and he's already slow. I love his game right now but giving him a big contract is the most obviously bad move possible.

You keep Barrie, re-sign Dermott for 3-4 mil on the high side, bring Liljegren up next year, and find a cheaper vet UFA to fill the last gap.

That's the ideal world.
I seriously hope that doesn't happen. Rielly is what makes Barrie unnecessary..... Muzzin is the "all-rounder 'everyone wishes they had and Ceci is still on watch (so far,so good). Barries money can bring in a bona-fide stay at home Dman and other assets.Dermott is here to stay,Lily should slide in next year and Sandin has a very high ceiling for which money will be needed down the road. If Barrie wants to break the bank ,then let him do it elsewhere.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
The 4th line as a unit was on the ice for 7 shot attempts for and 0 against. Spezza and Petan were on the ice for 2 and 3 shot attempts against for the entire game. Even Goat came out positive despite getting caved in with the 3rd line once or twice.
People aren’t watching properly or are just talking out of their ass when they say Spezza was bad. Embarrassing.

Sep 18, 2009
Can't wait until Hyman is back

AJ - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Money
Mykheyev - Kerfoot - Moore
Kasper - GOAT - Harpur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad