Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
tumblr_nep1bwI9pG1txyx4lo1_1280.png

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The whole notion that the Despres fight was a minus for any reason is just plain ridiculous.

I don't care about the circumstances of the fight as much as I hate that he chose to throw with Kane.
Despres is a decent fighter at best and if you don't know what you are doing agt a guy like Kane, you could be on IR for awhile.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
jets fan and season ticket holder here.

I was at the game last night and it was probably the highest quality game I have been to at the MTS centre in the 2.0 era. Pens were allot of fun to watch very fast and skilled. I was a big fan of Mike Johnston in Portland and I like what I am seeing out of your team. Really wanted to see Maatta live but that will have to wait. I was on the record in our draft forum that year saying I thought he would be a top 10 level talent (have to brag on that one since I am wrong away more than I am right).

I think Crosby was quoted after the game saying that is the way hockey should be played (minus Buff's late hit I assume).

Very fun very spirited....usually I hate losing but that was such a good game I was still jacked today at work.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Oh and Randy Butternubs = Brilliant!!!

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don't care about the circumstances of the fight as much as I hate that he chose to throw with Kane.
Despres is a decent fighter at best and if you don't know what you are doing agt a guy like Kane, you could be on IR for awhile.

Yea I was definitely cringing on that one. Even more so after they both took their helmets off. Despres smiling is hilarious, but all it takes is one shot from Kane, and Simon could be out cold before his head hits the ice.

I do like how we got their best players off the ice though.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Great game. I love those games where you can feel the tension. I really hope one day Winnipeg can give that crowd a team to watch. What a crazy environment. If they can put a respectable team together, Winnipeg will be one of the most feared places in the league.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

That's all I could think of when they squared off. "Please don't die, Simon." Kane is not a dude you want a novice fighter to scrap with.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
After staring at Despres's face in that picture for an hour or so... he definitely looks like Orpik.

I challenge all of you to stare at that face for an hour and tell me otherwise.

Just sent the ice cream cone one to Kane and Despres on Twitter. One of these days I'll get a response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad