Post-Game Talk: Post Game: Fleury vs. The Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Probably the best 3 GA game fleury has ever played.

This is opposite day fleury stealing a game, bottom 6 scoring 3 goals...

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
What a clown show. Awful game by most of the team, Fleury earned them two points tonight.

Also, Buff should be getting a call from the league for hitting Downie after that goal.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
+ Fleury
+ Downie
+ Bort
+ Despres
+ Sutter
+ Goc

- Letang
- Ehrhoff
- Crosby
- Dupuis
- Kunitz
- Lowry for not breaking Adams' orbital bone

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Fleury definatly showed up tonight, best player for the Pens EASILY. I say this as a Fleury hater always finding ways to blame him too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
+++++ Fleury
+ Sutter
+ Despres
+ Downie

------- Sid/Letang
- Officiating

Martin had a bad game as well, but his PK shift in OT was unreal.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm surprised more teams don't try to shoot on Fleury like Wheeler did in the shootout. Guys try to get Fleury moving a lot and you can't beat him that way in the shootout. You can't really deke him either because he's always poke checking.

Imo the approach to take on him is skate right in and pick a corner, but you rarely see guys try that on him.

All that said, we didn't have it tonight, but I liked our compete level. The execution was horrible, and we had no jump. That will happen now and then in the regular season. What I did see was battle level for the most part, and I like that. In the Flyers/Wings losses I thought our compete was terrible or sporadic at best.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Good win against a tough match up for the Pens.

If the Pens moved a couple of players and got a bit grittier... I would fall in love with this team all over again

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They need another off ice workout, top 6 wingers are needed and I didn't feel like the refs had the game under control. Games like this happen, don't make a pattern of it; whatever. It was entertaining in that way that I don't want to see a lot of.

Oh yeah, Fleury sucked. There, now people can complain about someone saying Fleury sucked without making something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad