Post Game 5 Talk: Montreal beats Tampa 2-1

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
what was the game like? I was at work, missed it all. Was there more speed and skill display, or a bunch of

our song!

Also the power play looks great. Just because it didn't score doesn't mean it wasn't dominant. I guarantee if it plays like that again, they'll score in game 6. It was really good. Having Petry out there to QB takes a lot of teh attention off PK since Petry has scored a goal and looks dangerous as **** with the puck.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Eberle > PK though.

:sarcasm:

Eberle is so overrated by lot of fans. I would personally not consider him a dominant first line player. He got a lot of ice time in edmonton and don't have the pressure to play defensively. I'm almost sure the guy would become a 50 points player à la Plekanec here.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
DD, Prust, DSP and PAP scoring in the last 2 games. That's the kind of secondary scoring you need in a team to go far in the playoffs. Hopefully, it will continue.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Eberle would destroy the Eastern Conference in a couple years. I have no doubt about that. That line would have a lot of different dynamics and would be a lot of fun to watch.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
Petry-Subban duo is a deadly power play. Hope they keep up the good work!

It's great for now because it's a completely different look on the PP. Teams knew Markov's shot is pretty average, so they isolated Subban and cancelled most of the threats since we're incapable of making plays down-low. As well, it gives the unit a lot more options since Markov and Subban usually started on their natural sides and had to switch once they got the puck going to get in one-timer positions which wastes time and completely gives up our strategy. Now, one of Petry and Subban is always available for the one-timer while the other plays on his safe side and can feed the puck and/or take a shot on net. It's definitely part of the solution.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
our song!

Also the power play looks great. Just because it didn't score doesn't mean it wasn't dominant. I guarantee if it plays like that again, they'll score in game 6. It was really good. Having Petry out there to QB takes a lot of teh attention off PK since Petry has scored a goal and looks dangerous as **** with the puck.

Having Petry out also makes things more unpredictable. With Markov you know the shot is coming from Subban but with Petry the shot can come from either side.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Petry-Subban duo is a deadly power play. Hope they keep up the good work!

yes! yes!! yes!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT:
<discipline...have to continue keeping away from the penalty box like in game 5.
<our PP...we have to continue controlling the puck on the PP (Subbie-Petry)...it's tiring out the Tampa players.

Last edited:

HabsDieHard*

It's great for now because it's a completely different look on the PP. Teams knew Markov's shot is pretty average, so they isolated Subban and cancelled most of the threats since we're incapable of making plays down-low. As well, it gives the unit a lot more options since Markov and Subban usually started on their natural sides and had to switch once they got the puck going to get in one-timer positions which wastes time and completely gives up our strategy. Now, one of Petry and Subban is always available for the one-timer while the other plays on his safe side and can feed the puck and/or take a shot on net. It's definitely part of the solution.

The issue was never and will never be the d-men.

Markov has a solid shot.

The reason the power play struggles is because the opposition keys in on the blue line because they have no issues with giving up the 3 on 2 down low, because the Canadiens use by far the worst forward trios in the NHL on the power play.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

The other part for me was Galchenyuk working the puck with DD. Unlike DD, Galchenyuk is not shy about shooting the puck, and so you saw him pressuring the defenders by looking for chances to shoot, which opened up chances to shoot from the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad