Post Game 5 Talk: Montreal beats Tampa 2-1

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Most of us wanted to bench PAP/DSP for Hudon this game good thing they didnt listen lol

Hudon isn't ready to play NHL playoffs games, I mean he never played NHL games at all...

Be patient the guy need some time, but he will be in the NHL next season (and I think he will be a good NHler down the road)!

Some people on this board :laugh:

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Most of us wanted to bench PAP/DSP for Hudon this game good thing they didnt listen lol

Most of us? :laugh:

Don't let the vocal minority fool you! "Good thing they didn't listen" should be the HFBoards mantra [just pokin' fun]

Man. That was the most fun I've had watching a game in a long time. Fun and about 10 minutes of terror, but mostly fun. So intense. Carey = God. PK on the winner = Jesus. PAP and DSP = Apostles? I dunno. Stretching it thin. Man, I was so depressed in general before game 3 that the loss crushed me. I was ready to throw my toys and cry home. Everything since then has been a blessing, goals early in Game 4 and haven't looked back since. The train keeps rolling. I keep trying to prepare myself that every game could be the last, but the Habs keep rolling.

Game 6 is going to be bonkers... I'm terrified. But thankfully I don't have to do **** but watch and I know the Habs won't be. They have guts. And yes, Character. They've already ensured respect. Now I want to see them make history. No, not making it to game 6 history, that's all well and good. I'm talking all the way style history. But, game 6 first. I can't even imagine the nerves. You gotta think Tampa will wake up at some point, but the Habs have just played them so well all series. We've been the better team. But in the end, we are on the brink, so they can't slip at all. Gosh. Staying out of the box was and will be so huge. Mad props for that, cause their PP has been killing us, the biggest factor probably in the series lead. Love the discipline, walking the fine line while the Bolts were taking penalties and honestly got away with a handful of completely blatant calls. That was mildly enraging but hopefully it is a good thing if the refs see those replays and who is committing the more blatant fouls.

I gotta take a breather and get to bed, that was amazing, gotta shake off the jitters and try to forget about game 6 since we have a long 2 day wait. But Tuesday I'm going to be distracted all day for sure. Can't wait, but also... can wait. Cause I get so nervous even thinking about it. Go Habs Go, bring it home to the Bell and let the fans go nuts in an epic game 7, put the fear of zeus into the bolts. :yo:

Apr 28, 2010
As bad as PAP has been, I still would never put Hudon out there. Like why? Why would we put an inexperienced guy out there? It still doesn't make sense to me.

Nynja*

What was the game like? I was at work, missed it all. Was there more speed and skill display, or a bunch of

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Great all around effort and pumped to see Pacs getting physical at the end and the PP getting some better looks - long way from over but good see the push back

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Holy crap is Galchenyuk ever broken right now. He was a liability more than anything tonight. The kid needs to take a breath and start making simpler plays.

He was fine. Definitely has more confidence. Just needs to hit the damn net! I have a feeling he will score next game.

That was just an awesome game. Best of the playoffs. :handclap:

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Holy crap is Galchenyuk ever broken right now. He was a liability more than anything tonight. The kid needs to take a breath and start making simpler plays.

I thought the last 2 games are exactly what we need from Chucky, he had a few chances in close he couldn't bury, but played with an intensity/confidence not seen from him in months.

Great game from Chucky imo.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hudon isn't ready to play NHL playoffs games, I mean he never played NHL games at all...

Be patient the guy need some time, but he will be in the NHL next season (and I think he will be a good NHler down the road)!

Some people on this board :laugh:
Sometimes putting in a rookie gives a spark. Same thing happen when Habs put in 20 year old Subban when Habs were down 3-1 to Caps.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I still don't believe, but it's definitely possible at this point.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
That was an awesome game!

The Bell Centre was finally up to its rep in terms of atmosphere.

Loved the fight left in the Habs. :handclap:

Petry playing better than ever (except for that botched clearing play :help:)

PAP's goal was the Hab goal-of-the-year. :handclap:

... so far.

Hoping for G7.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It will be too bad if this game does. Or go 7. Habs deserve better than being down 3-2

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
we were in this position last year against boston. We know what it takes. Also if the PP plays like it did yesterday its bound to score some goals.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don't like how this team is toying with my emotions. Was ready for the series to be over a few days ago.

Oh well, more hockey. Keep playing like this please! Tampa Bay will be nuts on Tuesday.

Hopefully the Rangers and Flames get eliminated next game. At the very least, we can take solace in being the last team eliminated in the 2nd round :laugh:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I thought he has looked a lot better the past two games. A goal would do wonders for him.

Yep. At the end of the day it's just like the million Eller discussions, the process is great, but what counts is results. He can't have 25 scoring chances in 3 games but 0 goals. He gets (at minimum cause we're going to win this ****) 1 more shot to make an a impact.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Most...
Man. That was the most fun I've had watching a game in a long time. Gosh. Staying out of the box was and will be so huge. Mad props for that, cause their PP has been killing us, the biggest factor probably in the series lead. Love the discipline, walking... Go Habs Go, bring it home to the Bell and let the fans go nuts in an epic game 7, put the fear of zeus into the bolts. :yo:

Yes, yes, yes!!! You got it!!

ZERO POWER PLAYS for Tampa yesterday was huuuuuuge (I had to look twice at the scorebox stats to make sure espn wasn't wrong!).

They have to continue being disciplined. VERY important. VERY.

Tampa still has more PP this series. Hopefully they even it up by not giving Tampa anymore. Don't really care if Habs get any, never score anyways. :laugh:

We have to care...our PP has been really really good lately...we're controlling the puck very well and making Tampa players more and more tired...this is huuuuuuuge. We hit a lot of posts on the PP. And score or not...a good PP (control) makes the Tampa players more and more tired...it taxes them. We have to continue with TEAM DISCIPLINE and good PP CONTROL.

Don't like how this team is toying with my emotions. Was ready for the series to be over a few days ago. Oh well, more hockey. Keep playing like this please! Tampa Bay will be nuts on Tuesday.

Same here...very emotional...very!! I feel like we're being teased!!
Win it all or stop with the teasing!!;)

Go Habs Go!! (go get 'em!!:yo:).

Last edited:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Yep. At the end of the day it's just like the million Eller discussions, the process is great, but what counts is results. He can't have 25 scoring chances in 3 games but 0 goals. He gets (at minimum cause we're going to win this ****) 1 more shot to make an a impact.

You said he was a liability out there despite the fact he's been one of our good forwards over the last two games. He's getting chances, he'll convert eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad