HF Habs: Post-draft Top 20 prospects.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
:laugh: I don't know what Struble has done to rise higher than both Primeau and Poehling (don't get me wrong I think he is solid none the less). Harris before Romanov also is a big yikes for me, they don't make D like Romanov anymore. Built like a truck / physical while being an excellent skater. Defensive hockey IQ off the charts, don't understand Harris's huge leap.

I'd have them as:

Caufield
Romanov
Poehling
Primeau
Harris
Struble
Norlinder
Ylonen
Brook

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
To be fair he also said that it was very hard to rank 2-7 and that all those teams were very close

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
How much did Molson pay them to rank us #2?

There’s 0 gamebreaking talent on that list.

I stopped believing in “our future is so bright” speech a long time ago. I will believe it when I see it.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I don’t see what makes us #2. I see Caufield as potential top 6 fwd. Romanov top 4 D and maybe Primeau middle pack #1 goalie.

Other than that I see a bunch of prospects with bottom 6/3rd pairing potential.
Part of the Molson Payment Package. When the players don't pan out, all Bergevin has to say is "we tried".

Reactions: the

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

I stopped believing in “our future is so bright” speech a long time ago. I will believe it when I see it.
LMAO we both wrote about this at the same time!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

NippyRegularIcelandicsheepdog-max-1mb.gif

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Wait.. We are ranked #2 without Suzuki and KK being named lol .... How ?

I have not been really paying attention to most prospects but this seems weird lol

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I like the potential of players. the team is young and we're going the right direction

I have not been really paying attention to most prospects but this seems weird lol

I dont think it includes the active NHL players.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

This explains that.

LA has clearly the best prospect pool. Montreal is somewhere between #2-5. Not the biggest fan of Wheeler, but he said that teams ranked #2-7 are really close, it's often a matter of preference.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
:laugh: I don't know what Struble has done to rise higher than both Primeau and Poehling. Harris before Romanov also is a big yikes for me, they don't make D like Romanov anymore. Built like a truck / physical while being an excellent skater. Defensive hockey IQ off the charts, don't understand Harris's huge leap.

I'd have them as:

Caufield
Romanov
Poehling
Primeau
Harris
Struble
Norlinder
Ylonen
Brook
IT's about upside as an NHL player. A projection. Struble could be a very special combination of offense and brawn.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

pretty much none of the teams have "gamebreaking talent" on their list, because those "gamebreaking talent" are already playing in the NHL and thus don't count

And that's the problem.

We potentially have a good pool but we're still behind everyone else in elite talent, it just doesn't show on an exercise like that and it's partially why I still fail to get excited no matter how "bright" the future looks.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I don’t see what makes us #2. I see Caufield as potential top 6 fwd. Romanov top 4 D and maybe Primeau middle pack #1 goalie.

Other than that I see a bunch of prospects with bottom 6/3rd pairing potential.

His word is as good as yours. Where his might seem optimistic basically this entire board’s is pessimistic. Truth is somewhere down the middle.

I see Romanov as a top pair dman, Caufield as a top line scorer and Primeau as a starter. I don’t know if that qualifies our pool as second best though.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I still remember having a top 5 prospect pool with players like Higgins, perezhogin, komisarek, balej, etc. Best nhler out of that group ended up being plekanec.

If our best player over the next decade ends up being a pleky level player I'll cry

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I still remember having a top 5 prospect pool with players like Higgins, perezhogin, komisarek, balej, etc. Best nhler out of that group ended up being plekanec.

If our best player over the next decade ends up being a pleky level player I'll cry

Imagine if Sather had taken Pleks instead of Balej in the Kovalev trade.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
His word is as good as yours. Where his might seem optimistic basically this entire board’s is pessimistic. Truth is somewhere down the middle.

I see Romanov as a top pair dman, Caufield as a top line scorer and Primeau as a starter. I don’t know if that qualifies our pool as second best though.
A true optimist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad