Post-Draft emptiness.. am i the only one?

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
Holmgren??? It was said that Bergevin had a deal for a top ten pick, Philly's pick was at 11th, doesn't make sense other than to try to link the francophone kid to the Habs.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Holmgren??? It was said that Bergevin had a deal for a top ten pick, Philly's pick was at 11th, doesn't make sense other than to try to link the francophone kid to the Habs.

New Jersey? They have very few picks/prospects.

Maelpj*

First of all, I've only been following prospect for 5 years or so, so I don't pretend to know more than professional scout, just giving my humble opinion.

I agree about the deception sentiment. I felt our biggest need was some big, skilled potential top 6 foward and the 2013 draft was full of that type. With our 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, I tought the Habs would have took a a chance on one of Bailey, Zykov, Dickinson, Nastasiuk, Carrier, Hayden, etc. I was high on Rychel too. All kids around 6-1 or 6-3, fast , skilled with some solid Top 6 upside.

A lot of are saying that we adressed a need by drafting Mccarron, De La Rose and Crips.. I have nothing against those guy, and they could have Lucic progression-like and turn into some solid top 6 foward, but I just don't see as much upside in them as the other foward named before. Habs biggest need isnt BOTTOM top 6 size, IMO, but on the first 2 lines. We have a lot of small skilled , potential top-6 prospect in our farm, but no clear-cut, big and skilled potentiel top line foward.

Another need I feel the Habs haven't adresse Sunday is picking a solid , poised, physical, two way defensemen a la Mcdonagh. Again, we have a lot of PMD in our system and a some physical, defensive oriented d-man, but no truly solid, minutes eating d-man who can bring offense too and be physical. I tought this draft was really rich in this type of guy, like Mccoshen, Bigras, Hagg, Heatherington.

Finally, I know a lot of people didn't like this guy, but I was high on Duclair and still am, I tough we could of took a flyer on him on the third round. The gue is lighting fast, skilled add some maturing and some weight lifting, I think this guy is gonna be a solid second liner. Other guys I would of like: Moutrey, Baptiste, Diaby, Lodge, Bjorkstrand, Downing..

So yeah, not a single guy I was high on was drafted by the Habs but oh well.. I only hope our guy develop into solid NHL Player!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
McCarron adresses nothing, he'll be a third liner at best. If he cut the first two lines it will be a miracle.

Would have picked
-Zykov
-Fucale
-Dauphin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad