Post Deadline Transactions and Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Give me Marner at 11-12M over Nylander at 9-10M. The gap between the 2 is more than 2M. I’d trade both in a perfect world though.
Do you really think Marner is signing for under 11-12 mil? Guys got back to back 100 point seasons now pretty much and has back to back 30+ goal seasons. Guy got 11 mil for 1 PPG season and 1 90 point season and never had a 30 goal season. Guys probably getting no less than 12 and if that's the case I might want to keep Nylander who'll make around 9. Marner would also get more in a trade. We'll have to see what Meier gets to get a clear indication of what Nylander will get because they have almost identical stats and around the same age. Projections for him were like 9 mil over 8 years. Unless Marner is taking a huge discount I think you have to think about moving him.

Reactions: fan87

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
He sure does. I was at a seminar this week, and had an NHL skating coach do a presentation. According to him, using sportlogiq data, Marner is among the worst “accelerators” in the entire league.
that's what gets him in trouble in the playoffs; his time and space vanishes but he's talented enough to recreate if he'd get out of his head. If he improved his acceleration it would make players much more honest when he tries to go east-west which would fundamentally change the games in the playoffs.

It's why Nylander seems to not have those issues in the playoffs his north south play and transition speed is the best on the team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Talk about high draft capital as their defense includes 6 X 1st round picks and Peeke an early 2nd rounder.

Zach Werenski- Drafted round 1 #8 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft
Ivan Provorov - Drafted round 1 #7 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft
Jake Bean - Drafted round 1 #13 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft
Adam Boqvist - Drafted round 1 #8 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft
David Jiricek - Drafted round 1 #6 overall 2022 NHL Entry Draft
Erik Gudbranson - Drafted round 1 #3 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft
&
Andrew Peeke - Drafted round 2 #34 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Talk about building from the backend out, through strong defense.

New coach Mike Babcock is likely thrilled with that Dcore.

Denton Mateychuk too.

Coach Babcock is going to be the guy who invents 6F 12D.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Talk about high draft capital as their defense includes 6 X 1st round picks and Peeke an early 2nd rounder.

Zach Werenski- Drafted round 1 #8 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft
Ivan Provorov - Drafted round 1 #7 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft
Jake Bean - Drafted round 1 #13 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft
Adam Boqvist - Drafted round 1 #8 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft
David Jiricek - Drafted round 1 #6 overall 2022 NHL Entry Draft
Erik Gudbranson - Drafted round 1 #3 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft
&
Andrew Peeke - Drafted round 2 #34 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Talk about building from the backend out, through strong defense.

New coach Mike Babcock is likely thrilled with that Dcore.

CBJ also has Sillinger, Marchenko, Laine, Gaudreau and Johnson up front and is getting the second consolation prize this year.

Down season(s) (on a shitty team) and ‘his beliefs’ (oh who cares!?) this is a fantastic add for CBJ and with retention he makes less than five.

Best part is all it cost them was a conditional second and a pick they didn’t even own.

Philly also stacked some draft capital but trading Carter Hart would be stupid (Konecny, Hart and Laughton/picks for Marner please).

Los Angeles somehow has to give up picks, a good prospect (Grans) and a perfectly fine player in Sean Walker and receives back a literal who (who the hell is Hayden Hodgson?) and a career AHLer (Connauton) just to drop Petersen.

It’d be like Treliving trading Niemela, a 2nd and Murray for Casey Cizikas.

*Sigh*

At least it’s some excitement because until the finals are over it’s just gonna be a bunch of nobodies signing league min deals.

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If the direction is to bolster the defense - what about a deal around Nylander and Devon Toews?

Both 1 year left on their deals. Nylander would add some firepower depth up front for the Av's. Re-sign Toews long term for around what Nylander is making now.

Re-allocates dollars to the blue line:

Rielly-Schenn (needs re-signing)
Toews-Liljegren
McCabe-Brodie
Gio
Timmins

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If the direction is to bolster the defense - what about a deal around Nylander and Devon Toews?

Both 1 year left on their deals. Nylander would add some firepower depth up front for the Av's. Re-sign Toews long term for around what Nylander is making now.

Re-allocates dollars to the blue line:

Rielly-Schenn (needs re-signing)
Toews-Liljegren
McCabe-Brodie
Gio
Timmins

Would you do a 1st and Byram for Nylander?

Byram hasn't shown enough yet to be worth it 1 for 1 and a late 1st maybe helps bridge the gap.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd 100% do that too

I tried a couple deals with this factored in.

Flyers seem to be rebuilding
Avalanche have/had interest in Nylander according to Friedman
Some speculation of which I am not sure is true about Brodie maybe being on the outs.

Think I owe the Flyers an additional piece.

I don't know about LW still and I don't think I achieved the bigger meaner defense that Treliving is known for liking BUT we're definitely a team full of pricks in this;

1686145120978.png

1686145139090.png

Last edited:

LBloor

Jul 21, 2021
All this would be even more toxic.. strongarming the serfs because of our upper class

What year can that level show up and does it work in april through june?
16Mitch MarnerR803069992818ONT: Markham25
88William NylanderR824047872810ALTA: Calgary26
34Auston MatthewsC744045852031CA: San Ramon24
91John TavaresC8036448034-7

40 points in 50 playoff games, less than 10 play off points behind Marner and Matthews at 4 million per year less. And as non physical as those two.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I personally hope the Kings go on a bit of a spending spree and handcuff themselves out of being an Auston Matthews landing spot.
I expect the opposite to happen and that this move by LA in part to open the potential for a Matthews landing spot just in case.

With Kopitar $10 mil coming off the books the same time Matthews would hit UFA status gives them apply base as a starting point.

ie Anze Kopitar ($10,000,000) & Viktor Arvidsson ($4,250,000) both UFA 2024-25 = Matthews at $14,250,000 & with Anze signing back on near league minimum.

Kings will know in the upcoming weeks if Matthews commits to Toronto long-term or willing to test the UFA market a year from now. With just ~ 300 miles from his $3.2 mil Mansion in Arizona to LA and his home State born in San Ramon California.

1686148352013.png
1686148678824.png

Leafs like wise should do their own future planning based on Matthews outcome and JT coming off the books in 2 years would make for a great landing spot for a local Ontario kid currently playing in Edmonton to come home in 2026. :wg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad