GDT: Post Bills Game @ Bedards 7:00 PM Nov. 19, 2023

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
At least we came away with Benson out of it ... I think we need more high IQ players like him. We have a bunch of dumb as rock players in this group. I think we're going to need to trade someone that makes people uncomfortable.

but if we do, the fan base will revolt. This fan base for reasons I cannot figure will not accept ever trading someone 1 year too early vs 2 years too late, nor will they ever favor trading a core player, unless that player absolutely does not want to play any longer for us

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
but if we do, the fan base will revolt. This fan base for reasons I cannot figure will not accept ever trading someone 1 year too early vs 2 years too late, nor will they ever favor trading a core player, unless that player absolutely does not want to play any longer for us
Everybody was ready to make a trade this off-season for a top 4 defenseman what are you talking about

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Goalie’s best friend with a save, although 6K being able to cover post to post just relaxing in the ice takes away so much space at ice-level.
The big save part of the post was actually for one 45 seconds earlier. The forum just shoves posts together when no one posts in between them

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Can't argue with that.

Seeing that Dahlin played 29:01 on a night they dressed 7 defensemen is just so weird.
Granato knows he can’t take out Ryan Johnson but is too weak to bench anyone.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Everybody was ready to make a trade this off-season for a top 4 defenseman what are you talking about

yeah, but nobody wanted to trade a core piece to get a top 4 or a legit starting goalie. They all wanted to trade spare parts for a core piece

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
yeah, but nobody wanted to trade a core piece to get a top 4 or a legit starting goalie. They all wanted to trade spare parts for a core piece
Breaking news: fans of a team on a Sabres dedicated sub forum would rather pay a cheaper price for an expensive player than an expensive piece for an expensive piece.

Realistically if they made a trade happen I think the real price which will sting people would've been fine with it eventually.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I would have happily traded many things people would have hated for a legit starting goalie and a top 4 D.

Reactions: dortt

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Right, even though I barely watched any of this game … time to switch over to the Ducks game to watch McTavish and Carlsson (but probably only pay partial attention to it anyway).

Reactions: Chainshot

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Liked UPL a lot tonight. Really, the only criticism of him would be I that I want him to kick that rebound on the 2nd goal out to the side instead of in front of the net. He got in trouble with that last season too. If he could improve on that then he could really be a solid NHL starter.

Reactions: K8fool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad