Possible trade proposal thread

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Don't rip me apart for this, I'm just tossing an idea around.

Sam Gagner for Colin Wilson?

From an Oilers perspective, we need to get bigger up front in the top end of the lineup and we need more responsible players in our own end. I don't know your team needs to a tee but from an outside view it looks like the Preds could use some more straight forward offensive players and that's what Gagner can provide for you guys. Also, can Wilson play center? I assume he's playing wing right now after looking at his FO%..

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Sorry, I wouldn't have much faith in this team building around any of those three.

i wouldn't build around just one.. add it to young group. jones, josi, wilson, klein, rinne, one of those 3, hornqvist, whatever other pieces we would get.

its all wasting our breaths though.. bonuses already paid make it unfeasible.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
you are forgetting the other pieces.. bourque and the 2 2nds .. nothing to scoff at..

if weber continues to play lackluster imo then im not against trading him. he plays best when he plays with emotion.. ive seen angry weber maybe 3 times this season and last year's shortened season... "weber with a blast..... and he misses the net"...

eberle/hall/rnh + nice pieces for weber and im happy

I am wondering about his play so far myself. He is on pace as of now to have a similar year as last in the shortened season.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
im not worried about webers points total as much as his defensive play. its left a lot to be desired considering he makes 8 million a year. no emotion from him and shies away from being physical which is what makes him so elite in my opinion.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Lebrun says we have had discussions with Anaheim about Hiller.

Seems like a waste to me. We aren't a contender with Hiller in net this year, so we might as well save assets rather than having him walk as a UFA.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
wouldn't doubt it. poile has a knack for making bad trades IMO. Only one that I have really liked was getting Forsberg and then again were not even getting to see him play. hiller would be nice but we don't really know how long we'll need him.

i'm of the accord to go get a goaltender but I also recognize that we're not a contender. if we do trade for a goalie its going to be an impending UFA and it only makes sense so that we don't have to over work pekka when he gets back. although we on this board don't think we're contenders and see that we aren't I think management thinks we still can be and that's a bit of a problem.

the offensive issue is still there and we need a great forward. just not sure who or what we trade. with poile and trotz I tend to believe we won't see a top notch forward come our way.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
wouldn't doubt it. poile has a knack for making bad trades IMO. Only one that I have really liked was getting Forsberg and then again were not even getting to see him play. hiller would be nice but we don't really know how long we'll need him.

i'm of the accord to go get a goaltender but I also recognize that we're not a contender. if we do trade for a goalie its going to be an impending UFA and it only makes sense so that we don't have to over work pekka when he gets back. although we on this board don't think we're contenders and see that we aren't I think management thinks we still can be and that's a bit of a problem.

the offensive issue is still there and we need a great forward. just not sure who or what we trade. with poile and trotz I tend to believe we won't see a top notch forward come our way.

Yeah that Sullivan for 2 2nds blew :rolleyes:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
A 2nd and a prospect, maybe, unless Anaheim adds to it.

And by prospect I don't mean Ekholm or Forsberg. I don't even think I'd be OK with sending Beck the other way. Anaheim needs defense, though, so I'd imagine Forsberg and Beck are safe.

The only problem with only giving up picks or prospects is the cap situation. We'd have to clear at least $1.25m.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
A 2nd and a prospect, maybe, unless Anaheim adds to it.

And by prospect I don't mean Ekholm or Forsberg. I don't even think I'd be OK with sending Beck the other way. Anaheim needs defense, though, so I'd imagine Forsberg and Beck are safe.

The only problem with only giving up picks or prospects is the cap situation. We'd have to clear at least $1.25m.

Yes. To re-iterate, mid-tier prospect at best.

If Rinne's on IR, isn't his cap pro-rated? It would probably work out.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

No. While Rinne is on LTIR, we can go over the cap by X amount of dollars, but as soon as he gets back we have to get compliant again. Someone please correct me if I have this wrong.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I wonder if this is possible. David Poile to Buffalo to become GM for Ryan Miller plus a conditional pick? Bump up Fenton to GM

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I wonder if this is possible. David Poile to Buffalo to become GM for Ryan Miller plus a conditional pick? Bump up Fenton to GM

The Nashville Predators have called a Noon (1 ET) press conference. It is expected that David Poile will announce a trade with the Buffalo Sabres for Ryan Miller. Poile will go on to announce that he has traded himself to Buffalo.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
The Nashville Predators have called a Noon (1 ET) press conference. It is expected that David Poile will announce a trade with the Buffalo Sabres for Ryan Miller. Poile will go on to announce that he has traded himself to Buffalo.

this peaked my interest until the last sentence.

Webersmashpuck

Mar 17, 2009
Spring Hill
Am I the only one that thinks maybe we should trade Colin Wilson? His value should be still high and I think he is part of the problem. Does he have the tools? Yes, but consistency is an issue, guys like Legwand and Fisher can at least contribute defensively when they go dry offensively Wilson cannot do that. Though I don't like the Wilson for Gagner trade.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Am I the only one that thinks maybe we should trade Colin Wilson? His value should be still high and I think he is part of the problem. Does he have the tools? Yes, but consistency is an issue, guys like Legwand and Fisher can at least contribute defensively when they go dry offensively Wilson cannot do that. Though I don't like the Wilson for Gagner trade.

Depends on the return. At 24, there's still room to grow, but I don't think he's a legit first liner. Good second line winger at best, I think. But yeah, I'm open to it.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

No. While Rinne is on LTIR, we can go over the cap by X amount of dollars, but as soon as he gets back we have to get compliant again. Someone please correct me if I have this wrong.

Cap hits do not prorate except for players on two way deals bouncing back and forth between the big club and minors. All one way deals count fully against the cap no matter what ... injury, AHL assignment, etc.

If he's out for over ten games and twenty four days, we can exceed the cap but we can only replace his cap hit .... since we're not at the cap, we don't get $7mil over the upper limit. How much hit the team can take on depends on the date of the player placed on LTIR, the team's cap level that day, and on and on. Once he returns, the team would need to shed salary ... how much depends on the length of time he was on LTIR and a lot of math. Capgeek has some examples of how LTIR is calculated or the CBA is available from nhl.com for the full legalese explanation.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

yes i want him gone

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Roussel + 5th for Hiller

and trading wilson, i'm ehhh on the subject. who could we net in return?

Best likely return is a young player that is equally serviceable, but also has questions as to whether they can "make the jump." Someone else's Colin Wilson, in other words. I don't see someone giving up potentially elite talent for him. So then it's a matter of whether the grass is greener, or do we just keep the guy we've developed.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Best likely return is a young player that is equally serviceable, but also has questions as to whether they can "make the jump." Someone else's Colin Wilson, in other words. I don't see someone giving up potentially elite talent for him. So then it's a matter of whether the grass is greener, or do we just keep the guy we've developed.

Keep the guy we developed. He is one of the few we have who is at times strong on the puck and can compete with the puck while attempting to create chances. He is also capable of doing what he did against the Avs.
The forwards you build around are Wilson, Smith, FF, and Stalberg. You also keep Fisher around for grit. Everyone else is moveable in IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad