Possible trade proposal thread

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
100% agreed. I would sell, sell, sell to grab Kopitar on this team. Almost anything but Weber to be completely honest. He would easily be the guy we needed in that top 3.

Yeah. That's what it would take though, unfortunately. I don't think we have the upside, even with something like Josi+Forsberg+? to entice them to give up Kopitar though.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Voynov I could see leaving but Kopitar I don't. Kopitar makes 6.8 per and Voynov is signed for 5 more years. Kopitar could have bolted for the KHL years ago and made around 8-12 probably, but he's here. He's won a cup and hasn't left. He'll be here a while. That's getting them in their prime. With that said, it isn't a good proposal for Weber at all.
Never say never Maybe he's waiting to play out his contract before leaving. Still 100% not worth Weber

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
I don't know if I do this deal as we only get 2 years of Kopitar and Voynov for 5 more years and then they are both due raises or could potentially leave, whereas we have Weber guaranteed for 12 more years and we know exactly how much he is going to get paid.

The two more years of Kopitar is the only thing that worries me about the trade as well. I would hope We could give Kopitar $7-8 Million and have him here for awhile, but who knows. But I believe we win on this trade no matter what others think. For us to ever take a real run at the cup we are going to need a game changer or two here, not to mention Kopitar with Wilson excites me because I believe Wilson would thrive on a line with Kopitar. One more thing that worries me is Rinne. When/If he comes back if he can look like two, three years ago and we add on the offensive side we could make that serious run to the Cup that we all want here.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
The two more years of Kopitar is the only thing that worries me about the trade as well. I would hope We could give Kopitar $7-8 Million and have him here for awhile, but who knows. But I believe we win on this trade no matter what others think. For us to ever take a real run at the cup we are going to need a game changer or two here, not to mention Kopitar with Wilson excites me because I believe Wilson would thrive on a line with Kopitar. One more thing that worries me is Rinne. When/If he comes back if he can look like two, three years ago and we add on the offensive side we could make that serious run to the Cup that we all want here.

You're right. We need a game changer but not at the cost of an NHL 14 Xbox career mode trade proposal. We could get kopitar without selling weber. But the kings wouldn't ever do it. One because it's same conference and two because it's Kope.

Albeit. I want him.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
You're right. We need a game changer but not at the cost of an NHL 14 Xbox career mode trade proposal. We could get kopitar without selling weber. But the kings wouldn't ever do it. One because it's same conference and two because it's Kope.

Albeit. I want him.

How do we get those game changers here? How do we get that #1 Center or top line talent here? I am not anti Weber by no strech of the imagination, my son has his jersey so he would be heartbroken but how do we get that talent?

Last edited:

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Get 'em to marry a country music starlet?

taylorswift-demilovato-page.jpg

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Truthfully, it kind of irks me that David Poile is USA GM. I want him to focus on this hole-filled Predator team.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
How do we get those game changers here? How do we get that #1 Center or top line talent here? I am not anti Weber by no strech of the imagination, my son has his jersey so he would be heartbroken but how do we get that talent?
Tank next year and drafting McDavid is a better option than trading Weber

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Does anyone know if the Draft lottery will operate the same as last year where all 14 teams who do not make the playoffs get a chance at the first pick or can they change it each year?

The odds last year were:
30th place team – 25.0%
29th place team – 18.8%
28th place team – 14.2%
27th place team – 10.7%
26th place team – 8.1%
25th place team – 6.2%
24th place team – 4.7%
23rd place team – 3.6%
22nd place team – 2.7%
21st place team – 2.1%
20th place team – 1.5%
19th place team – 1.1%
18th place team – 0.8%
17th place team – 0.5%

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
You are correct. The draft lottery is the same as last year. It will be this way for the foreseeable future, likely for the duration of this CBA.

I'd love to get Kopitar. He's one of my favorite players in the league. LA wouldn't do this however. They already have a #1 in Doughty and have no one to replace Kopitar with.

Oh and Kopitar is gonna bolt for the KHL :biglaugh: funniest thing I've read on here in a while

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Truthfully, it kind of irks me that David Poile is USA GM. I want him to focus on this hole-filled Predator team.

It will give Poile a chance to look at the young talent. Maybe he will establish a relationship with a player who will be available in the future. That could be a FA or a trade.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
:sarcasm: Prayer :sarcasm:

Oh great hockey gods let us get the first pick(win lottery) the next two years and we will have the #1c and #2c position locked up here for years to come.

2014- Sam Reinhardt
2015- Conner McDavid

oh please oh great hockey gods

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

Aside from trading Weber or Jones you don't. No elite C is coming to Nashville willingly.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
You get an elite forward the same way the team has gotten elite D and goaltending. You draft them. No, they haven't had as much luck drafting offense as they have the other areas, but that's pretty much the only reasonable way to get elite players. It's extremely rare for an elite player at any position to hit the market unless they're the only elite player on a rebuilding team, and then they're generally past their prime.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
:sarcasm: Prayer :sarcasm:

Oh great hockey gods let us get the first pick(when lottery) the next two years and we will have the #1c and #2c position locked up here for years to come.

2014- Sam Reinhardt
2015- Conner McDavid

oh please oh great hockey gods

:sarcasm:

Poile will just draft Ekbald in 14 and and Hanifin in 15:naughty:

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
You get an elite forward the same way the team has gotten elite D and goaltending. You draft them. No, they haven't had as much luck drafting offense as they have the other areas, but that's pretty much the only reasonable way to get elite players. It's extremely rare for an elite player at any position to hit the market unless they're the only elite player on a rebuilding team, and then they're generally past their prime.

I have been looking at the top top players in the NHL and have noticed that we will never get one of those unless we continue to get top 5 picks over multiple years or we have a really deep draft like 2003 or we get a diamond in the rough like Datsyuk who was taken in the sixth round.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I have been looking at the top top players in the NHL and have noticed that we will never get one of those unless we continue to get top 5 picks over multiple years or we have a really deep draft like 2003 or we get a diamond in the rough like Datsyuk who was taken in the sixth round.
You mean forwards right? Weber and Rinne are top players in the NHL. But yeah scouting to so much better now top forwards don't fall to far out of the top 5.

Last edited:

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
You mean forwards right? Weber and Rinne are top players in the NHL. But yeah scouting to so much better now top forwards don't fall to far out of the top 5.

Yeah sorry about that I meant top top forwards in the NHL. Looks like the same thing in the 2014 draft no real #1 overall pick in terms of talent projection. Only two top 3 talents and only 3 top 5 talents, so unless we get a top five pick we may not get any help this year and who knows the same thing might happen like this year and all the good offense will be gone off the board unless we get a top three pick. 2015 draft looks to be the stronger one of the two.

Last edited:

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
best opportunity to get a #1 C will be Stastny this off-season or at the deadline. Only problem is, he's gonna get around 6.5 per year. all depends on cap space for us.

not entirely sure if he's the answer but he's the best chance at a #1 C we've got and if we don't re-sign leggy, we'll have the money.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
best opportunity to get a #1 C will be Stastny this off-season or at the deadline. Only problem is, he's gonna get around 6.5 per year. all depends on cap space for us.

not entirely sure if he's the answer but he's the best chance at a #1 C we've got and if we don't re-sign leggy, we'll have the money.

I would rather resign Legwand and hope for the best on the lottery draft and get McDavid. Statsny is not that much of an upgrade to spend that kind of money on him.

2010/2011-2012/2013 seasons
Statsny 52g 82a
Legwand 48g 71a

2013/2014 so far
Statsny 16pg 6g 7a
Legwand 16gp 4g 10a

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad