Possible trade proposal thread

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Okay, then. Here's my take:

Poile should sit down with Leggy, before the former heads to Sochi, and ask him and his agent if they intend to re-sign with Nashville - and, if so, for how much. If the answer to the first is no, then Poile needs to pick up the phone and start making some calls - even while he's on the way to Sochi, if he has to - and ship him.

If the answer to the first is "yes", but he's asking for more money or a longer deal - well, he's got to get the FO on board with it. Only he can decide if he's worth it - but he has got to make it known (before he's traded off to wherever) that David wanted to stay here.

If he answers "yes" and his terms are reasonable... SIGN HIM. If he's wavering, promise him the you-know-what in the rafters if you have to.

And there you go.

I am for trading Legwand and Cullen. Maybe ask Fisher if he wants a cup run if he is going to retire like it is being rumored and reported he is thinking about it.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
JW you have been around this game and team as long as I have. And I believe if DP was planning on re-signing him it would be done. I further do not think DP will allow Leggy to test the FA market, if he has not shown willingness to sign on an agreed dollar amount by this point hes gonna be moved for an asset. GMDP can't lose face again as he did with $uter.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I am still in favor of trading Weber for a really good package and see where we are from there. I also believe Wilson and Smith are not an option as a top line Center nor are they top line wingers as of now although both could be with the right Center. It seems our team is built aroun potential on offense.

Im with you but we just added another potential to the blueline, so the price of Weber just went thru the roof. If people thought before that it would gut a team to get Weber now its going to be even higher.

Now im a firm believer that a team can not have two Norris contenders as well thus I was not too upset at Suters loss with the exception he walked and we received nothing in return. So A decision will have to be made at some point is our guy Jones or Weber. That decision does not have to be made right now but it is coming. So does the GM pull the trigger moving Weber and rebuild the offense now or hold tight? I have to think right now that the price of Weber is a elite sniper with a signed longterm contract also a center prospect that will play first line SOON within two years a veteran dman for the second paring and a 1st round pick. Yes that's a load but that's gonna be the price before he is moved.

wentz22

Nov 21, 2013
Im with you but we just added another potential to the blueline, so the price of Weber just went thru the roof. If people thought before that it would gut a team to get Weber now its going to be even higher.

Now im a firm believer that a team can not have two Norris contenders as well thus I was not too upset at Suters loss with the exception he walked and we received nothing in return. So A decision will have to be made at some point is our guy Jones or Weber. That decision does not have to be made right now but it is coming. So does the GM pull the trigger moving Weber and rebuild the offense now or hold tight? I have to think right now that the price of Weber is a elite sniper with a signed longterm contract also a center prospect that will play first line SOON within two years a veteran dman for the second paring and a 1st round pick. Yes that's a load but that's gonna be the price before he is moved.

Just an Opinion but do you really have to choose between Weber and Jones? This is Webers team, in 10 years when weber is 38-39 He'll be at the end of his career and then it will be Jones time to take over as just a 29yr old in him prime.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Just an Opinion but do you really have to choose between Weber and Jones? This is Webers team, in 10 years when weber is 38-39 He'll be at the end of his career and then it will be Jones time to take over as just a 29yr old in him prime.

It is not the choice that matters in my opinion. It is our need for some actual top line players on this team, we might have two on this roster and in Minors, Hornqvist and Forsberg. Wilson probably would be better as a second line LW.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
JW you have been around this game and team as long as I have. And I believe if DP was planning on re-signing him it would be done. I further do not think DP will allow Leggy to test the FA market, if he has not shown willingness to sign on an agreed dollar amount by this point hes gonna be moved for an asset. GMDP can't lose face again as he did with $uter.

Leggy has a NTC, right? So then it's not GMDPs call on Leggy testing the FA market?

However, I also believe that's not gonna' happen; one of those 3 Cs has got to be moved, because Wilson or Watson has got to be centering one of the lines next year, if not 2 of them.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I do not think this team is competitive enough to be a playoff force as constructed. Even with a healthy Rinne, we are a bubble playoff team. This hot streak comes at a time where we were far out of the race, and have now just climbed back into the, "It isn't impossible" realm or "If so and so keeps losing..."

This likely means very little tweaking, and/or trading for a player (see rental) to bolster lineup.

Any rentals are a mistake at this point.

Hockey trades are always welcome.

I am an advocate of trading off pieces, if necessary, at the deadline if we are still as far out as we are currently.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
i think we could see legwand traded to edmonton for gagner.

i'd like to see wilson + small piece to edmonton for david perron.

Might as well just keep Legwand. He's a better player in probably every facet of the game than Gagner.

Perron is a much better winger than Wilson at this point, don't see why Edmonton does that unless it's a pretty big small piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad