Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Clowe has zero goals this year. Zero. Why would we trade Bouchard, who is younger, faster and clicking on the 2nd line for Clowe... who again, has zero goals this year.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Like I said, I think Clowe would be an upgrade over Heatley, but you cant just snap your fingers and make Heatley disappear, not yet atleast.

How would Clowe be an upgrade over Heatley? He's not faster (they're both glacially slow) but at least Heatley can score. Have I mentioned that Clowe has zero goals?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Fine with moving Bouchard, Scandella, 2nd, or any combination of lesser prospects in a trade. But beyond that, I'll probably be a little annoyed, at minimum, with a move...

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
We're probably in a position where we can add, but trading any of the top prospects makes no sense in that we're winning with what we have. I'd like to see a move to shore up some blue line depth. Upgrades over Falk, Prosser, etc.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
There is a solid list of guys I don't want traded they are
Larsson
Zucker
Bulmer
Coyle
Granlund
Dumba
The goalies

If we are dealing for Clowe it has to be Butch going back the other way, I just don't see why we would want to give up a young asset.

Also the Coyle hate needs to stop, he is on the 1st line because he is the best option we have and HE HAS DONE PRETTY DAMN good there for you know being 20 years old and all that

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
Columbus is ready to trade away one 1 round pick off theirs according to darren dreger

What could wild give to get the cherry ?

Allstar is too slow and bouchard is not worth much

Difficult to analyze if wild stand a chance....

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I would guess maybe Phillips? Or another prospect? Not an A-lister though. MAYBE Bouchard.

Why would Clowe want to go to Philly? They are terrible.

I think he'd be a good fit. He's a big guy who can play physical, he'll play that forechecking game like Yeo wants, but he's got skill and playmaking ability. Maybe not so much this year, but he's been a 50-60 point guy the last several years.
And why would Philly want Ryan Clowe? They have a roster full of Ryan Clowes which seems to be exactly what their problem is.

THEALLKNOWING*

Clowe has size for the playoffs. Clowe for PMB & Cal Cluster & whoever. Keep in mind with the cap going down, Fletch needs to get rid of some contracts. Re-upping Cal is a waste of money. As mentioned previously, Mitchell is a skilled version of Cal C, and Bulmer may potentially be as well.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Russo's article about possibility of nabbing Clowe

Now, GM Chuck Fletcher talks to every GM in the league about all sorts of players. We also know that Fletcher and Sharks GM Doug Wilson have each other's number in the *VIP section of their iPhones -- so to speak. Two summers ago, Fletcher and Wilson executed three different trades. I also know the Wild's had interest in Clowe before.

But the difference here is it sounds like the Wild has talked to Clowe's agent Kent Hughes. For that to have happened, the Wild would have had to have been given permission from San Jose. The reason?

For Clowe to waive his no-trade clause, he is looking to sign an extension with his new team.

Sheng Peng

Clowe has size for the playoffs. Clowe for PMB & Cal Cluster & whoever. Keep in mind with the cap going down, Fletch needs to get rid of some contracts. Re-upping Cal is a waste of money. As mentioned previously, Mitchell is a skilled version of Cal C, and Bulmer may potentially be as well.

You're referring to Torrey Mitchell as being more skilled than Clutterbuck? Really?

Do agree that Clowe could be a nice fit for the playoffs. If the cost is just PMB, do it; take advantage of Clowe's reduced value this season. Not seeing what San Jose would do with Bouchard though.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
You're referring to Torrey Mitchell as being more skilled than Clutterbuck? Really?

Do agree that Clowe could be a nice fit for the playoffs. If the cost is just PMB, do it; take advantage of Clowe's reduced value this season. Not seeing what San Jose would do with Bouchard though.

Absolutely more skilled.

Completely different players, though.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Russo also said he is looking for a five year deal worth around 25 mill. If that is what he wants I would rather the Wild just let him get picked up and signed by another team. I don't think he is worth that much.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Russo also said he is looking for a five year deal worth around 25 mill. If that is what he wants I would rather the Wild just let him get picked up and signed by another team. I don't think he is worth that much.
I just about spit out my coffee seeing that Clowe wants that kind of money. Have fun in Philly Ryan.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I think so....Mitchell can do everything Clutterbuck can do on that 3rd line, plus he has a little more offensive flair to his game.

About Clowe, where would he fit in the line-up? If you want him on that 3rd line, you most certainly couldn't have BOTH him and Heatley there....that would be the slowest 3rd line in the NHL.

Maybe something like this (assuming Bouchard and Clutterbuck are part of the deal):

Parise - Koivu - Clowe
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Coyle - Brodziak - Heatley
Mitchell - Kenopka - Rupp

Then next season, you roll with:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Zucker - Cullen/Granlund - Setoguchi
Clowe - Granlund/Cullen - Larsson
Mitchell - Kenopka - Rupp

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
He seems like a good player to add for the playoffs, but for a handful of games then who knows in the playoffs plus having his contract getting in the way of younger players in the coming years I don't want to see the Wild in the mix. I kind of liked the idea of just a rental then maybe sign him for cheap given his ****** year, but at that kind of money I really hope Fletcher doesn't pull the trigger on this one.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
This is probably about the time where it should be brought up that Mitchell has never outscored Clutterbuck. Saying he has a better offensive skill set is a bit off base.

Clutterbuck and Mitchell are being played exactly where their games dictate they should be. If Mitchell skates on that third line as long as Clutterbuck has, everyone here would be up in arms about what he gives you. Much like San Jose was.

Also, Clutterbuck, alone, for Clowe is laughable. Adding Bouchard to the mix is beyond comprehension.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
This is probably about the time where it should be brought up that Mitchell has never outscored Clutterbuck. Saying he has a better offensive skill set is a bit off base.

Clutterbuck and Mitchell are being played exactly where their games dictate they should be. If Mitchell skates on that third line as long as Clutterbuck has, everyone here would be up in arms about what he gives you. Much like San Jose was.

This.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Also, Clutterbuck, alone, for Clowe is laughable. Adding Bouchard to the mix is beyond comprehension.

I wouldn't go that far...Sure, Clowe is off to a slow start, but he's still a pretty good player, IMO.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I wouldn't go that far...Sure, Clowe is off to a slow start, but he's still a pretty good player, IMO.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing about that trade off that sounds appealing. Clutterbuck can give this team everything Clowe can at this stage of his career, is younger, is/will be cheaper, and is under team control longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad