Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'm against moving Heatley, but swapping a bottom sixer seems doable with viable replacements in Larsson and Coyle (if not Zucker).

I think i saw a Okposo/Clutter centered trade on that board...i'd do that one.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I'm against moving Heatley, but swapping a bottom sixer seems doable with viable replacements in Larsson and Coyle (if not Zucker).

I think i saw a Okposo/Clutter centered trade on that board...i'd do that one.

x2 on that one. Okposo would bring a little more offensive skill which wouldn't hurt our bottom lines.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Okposo been pretty inconsistent? I also remember him not being real good in his own zone.. IMO the Wild don't need another forward that doesn't play in his own Zone.. I also don't think we need anymore former Gopher's or Home Growner's.. Sorry..

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Okposo been pretty inconsistent? I also remember him not being real good in his own zone.. IMO the Wild don't need another forward that doesn't play in his own Zone.. I also don't think we need anymore former Gopher's or Home Growner's.. Sorry..

He's got more offensive potential than Clutter and while he's worse defensively i'm willing to roll the dice and say that may have at least partially been due to playing for the Islanders. For a bottom six swap that's worth the risk for me.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that during the upcoming 3 days off we are going to be saying good bye to a player or two?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that during the upcoming 3 days off we are going to be saying good bye to a player or two?

i think they've been shopping around already and they'll continue to shop. Other GMs have players that are struggling to meet expectations and it can't be easy for anyone to write off players after the messed up off season everyone had. just a matter of time though before patience wears out.

Billy Mays Here*

A lot of whether or not I think we should move a top 9 forward yet this season is going to depend on how Zucker looks. If he looks really good, I wouldn't be against the idea of moving Bouchard or maybe even Heatley. Wanna keep Seto though.

J22*

I would pass on Okposo. He's pretty much a less talented version of Setoguchi.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
If we trade a young gun, I'd rather it be Phillips. I want to hold on to Larsson especially!

I agree I dont really want to give up any of them, but if we have too I guess it would be Phillips that goes.

J22*

who is a more talented version of clutterbuck.
i don't see the problem.

FTR- It wouldn't really upset me if Clutter was traded for KO, because it is good value.

I would just prefer to have 10-15 goals with energy, leadership and PK ability over
15-20 goals from another guy that is pretty much one dimensional and always gives the impression that he could be so much better.

Aapo

Jan 16, 2011
So are we trading Bouchard and Falk then or whats the reason for them being scratches??

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So are we trading Bouchard and Falk then or whats the reason for them being scratches??

Bouchard is sick I'm pretty sure. And Falk is just a victim of the numbers game. The Wild carry 7 defenders on the roster, so one of the seven is going to be a scratch every game. Tonight it's Falk.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
This trade may help both teams.
From Pitt: Martin and Kennedy and a draft pick.
To Pitt: Heatley and Setoguchi

Money wise Wild get some cap relief this year. Next year you have Martin at 5m and have Heatley at 7.5 and Seto at 3m off the books. Net 5.5 million savings. Pitt gets a scoring winger in Setoguchi and maybe a player gets in shape and takes his career seriously who benefits from playing with Crosby. I don't know if Heatley has enough left to do this.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012

Money wise Wild get some cap relief this year. Next year you have Martin at 5m and have Heatley at 7.5 and Seto at 3m off the books. Net 5.5 million savings. Pitt gets a scoring winger in Setoguchi and maybe a player gets in shape and takes his career seriously who benefits from playing with Crosby. I don't know if Heatley has enough left to do this.

I like that deal if you maybe replace Kennedy and the pick with Despres or Morrow with the Wild throwing in a D-man like Falk or Prosser. Kennedy s a bad fit IMO.

Last edited:

Billy Mays Here*

Martin already said he doesn't want to play for his home team here in Minnesota. Too much pressure is what I think he said. No interest in Kennedy either and unlike other Wild fans, I want to keep Seto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad