Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
If they're asking for Couturier from Philly, we're talking about Granlund/Larsson/Zucker/Dumba/Coyle here for Clowe. My take would be that Clowe's not worth giving up any of those kids.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Bouchard + 2nd for Clowe + 4th?

I'd be up for that.

Bouchard has to go. He's the only guy we can dump salary on, and he has been playing decently too to boot. Bouchard + Phillips + 3rd would be like the highest I'd go, IMO.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Well I think he'd be a better fit than Heatley or Bouchard in the top six, maybe Coyle as well. Clutter and Heatley really aren't working all that well together either. There's a lot of room for improvement in the top nine.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'd rather see Fletcher make a move for Jamie McBain....sounds like he is available. Besides, we need another Badger on this team.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Maybe he's ambidextrous? :sarcasm:

Like Kim Johnsson!

If they're asking for Couturier from Philly, we're talking about Granlund/Larsson/Zucker/Dumba/Coyle here for Clowe. My take would be that Clowe's not worth giving up any of those kids.

They would have to add, something like Clowe + 1st or 2nd for Couturier. He's not worth anywhere near Couts alone.

Wouldn't break my heart.

But that trade doesn't make sense for Philly or Clowe. They trade a young skilled guy for a UFA 30-year-old middle-six winger? He goes to a team that's going to miss the playoffs?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I guess I wouldn't see the need to move more than a 2nd round pick for him given all the factors. He's not really needed, yes, he would help. But I don't think much at all. Then take into account I think it's pretty unwise to give away significant assets for a rental-type player in a short season. They'd be getting a vastly different number of games out of anyone in that scenario than they would in a typical year.

pbunder

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota
I trust CF not to let the bidding war get away from him value-wise. If its too steep, just walk away. The only thing I can think of is that Clowe has a NTC, so he can guide the trade talks a la Iginla. Maybe he wants to come play for the MN Sharks in the playoffs?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Media reports have indicated the Montreal Canadiens, Vancouver Canucks, Boston Bruins and New York Rangers have expressed interest in Clowe, but sources say the Flyers have jumped in the mix and a deal sending the big winger to Philadelphia is all but done.

No mention of Minnesota? When all the TSN guys have mentioned us?

Not sure I can believe that source, to be honest.

J22*

Well I think he'd be a better fit than Heatley or Bouchard in the top six, maybe Coyle as well. Clutter and Heatley really aren't working all that well together either. There's a lot of room for improvement in the top nine.

I think Clowe is a more valuable player to have than Bouchard, but dont think he would be a better fit for the 2nd line. That line is all about speed and Clowe doesnt have any.

Doesnt make sense to me to demote Coyle right now. That line has been one of the best lines in hockey for the past month, and I wouldnt change it unless I was 100% sure that Clowe would be a big upgrade.

Getting Clowe would be great for the right price, and would be even better if CF had somebody on the line willing to offer something for Healtey. Trading for and extending Clowe would have to signal the end of Heatley here.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
But really though, if we add Clowe at the expense of Bouchard, then dump Heatley in the off-season(in a trade or amnesty buyout, whichever), then sign Clowe to a 1-2 year "prove it" type contract, I think this trade could really be worth it.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I'd be interested in McBain. I think Bouchard/Stoner/Scandella could be in play in such a trade. The Wild may not want another RD, though.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Left field.

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Clowe - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

Top line cycles and holds the puck well.
Second line had tons of speed and skill.
Third line can bang and forecheck and put the puck in the net.
Fourth line can bang and forecheck.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Left field.

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Clowe - Brodziak - Mitchell
Rupp - Konopka - Clutterbuck

I like that, but with one modification...I'd swap out Clutterbuck and Mitchell. I think Mitchell can do everything Clutterbuck can do, PLUS he can bring a little more offense to the table.

J22*

Left field.

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Clowe - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

I dont see much of an upgrade over what the lineup is now. Would need answers to a few questions before knowing if I liked the idea.

1. Where did Heatley go? how does the rest of the team respond to it?
2. Where did Bouchard go?
3. What did the Wild pay for Clowe?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I dont see much of an upgrade over what the lineup is now. Would need answers to a few questions before knowing if I liked the idea.

My guess is those would be next year's line combos.

Heatley would be bought out.

Bouchard let go.

No idea of what it would take to get Clowe.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
Funny, I was just going to post this... He's a lefty.
ryan_clowe_sallaway_3457c.jpg

J22*

My guess is those would be next year's line combos.

Heatley would be bought out.

Bouchard let go.

No idea of what it would take to get Clowe.

Ok, so why mess with a good thing this year to try and slightly improve next years 3rd line? not to mention giving up assets for a guy that isnt even signed for next year yet.

Jarick

Doing Nothing

1. Don't care
2/3. Trade for Clowe

Like I said, left field.

And definitely not next year's lines...I'd hope we're still better than that.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Why is everyone worried about giving up a ton. Iginla went for scraps and like Iginla Clowe has a NTC that would need to be waved giving him some power in the negotiations and seriously limiting SJ's options. I'd bet its Bouchard going that way and Clowe coming back with a midround pick. I would love this move if we could get it done. He would be a great winger for our club imo. Coyle, Brodin, Zucker, and Granlund are untouchable imo so if we had to throw in a prospect it would be someone much farther down the latter like Fontaine or Rau or something stupid. I mean Jarome Iginla went for 2 nobodys and a pick and Ryan clowe ain't even close to Iginla.

Last edited:

Billy Mays Here*

No interest in Clowe whatsoever, unless maybe we get rid of Heatley for him and stick him on the 3rd line LW. Don't want him anywhere near the top 6.

J22*

1. Don't care
2/3. Trade for Clowe

Like I said, left field.

And definitely not next year's lines...I'd hope we're still better than that.

I wouldnt be upset if the Wild traded Bouchard for Clowe, but what are your lines if the trade were to be made?

Like I said, I think Clowe would be an upgrade over Heatley, but you cant just snap your fingers and make Heatley disappear, not yet atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad