Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm sorry, but there's nothing about that trade off that sounds appealing. Clutterbuck can give this team everything Clowe can at this stage of his career, is younger, is/will be cheaper, and is under team control longer.

Except size and playoff experience. In fact, Clowe has some pretty good numbers in the post season.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I'm sorry, but there's nothing about that trade off that sounds appealing. Clutterbuck can give this team everything Clowe can at this stage of his career, is younger, is/will be cheaper, and is under team control longer.
That right there. If Clutterbuck is being traded, Clowe is not the player to trade him for.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Except size and playoff experience. In fact, Clowe has some pretty good numbers in the post season.

Size is well and good but we're not exactly talking about somebody that plays small in comparison, so it's mostly moot. Playoff experience is what it is, not sure the goal should be to acquire more San Jose playoff experience, though. :sarcasm:

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Just say no to clowe. i can't see how he would be an upgrade over butch, heatley, or clutterbuck.

We need to fix that gigantic hole on our 2nd d pairing before touching anything up front.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
So Clowe wants a deal before being traded, if he wants anything over 4, and mind you 4 is the absolute ****ing top I would feel comfortable giving him, I hope we stay out of it. sure he can be a great piece to our team but we really can't afford to give out an extra million here or there we need the space to sing Jonas Lidstrom-Brodin in two years.

Doobz89

Apr 12, 2011
We dont need fricken Clowe unless you can put him on the third line. Other than that I'd be pissed if the wild traded anyone on the top 6 for him. I say do something with clutter to get a Defenseman

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I agree with those that say the #1 priority should be to upgrade that 2nd pairing D....I would rather see Fletcher target McBain than Coyle..

Oh well, it might get interesting around here very shortly.

Just say no to clowe. i can't see how he would be an upgrade over butch, heatley, or clutterbuck.

We need to fix that gigantic hole on our 2nd d pairing before touching anything up front.

I think Clowe would absolutely be an upgrade over the three players you list.

I do agree with your 2nd point, however.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Mitchell absolutely has a better understanding of the offensive zone than Clutterbuck.

Clutterbuck may get points for himself, but he's not helping his linemates. He never passes and has terrible vision. He gets goals by taking ever shot he gets and crashing the net. Yes, that will get you some goals and make people like you, but it will also negate what your linemates are trying to set-up if they happen to be more skilled than a bang-and-crash line.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Clowe isn't worth $5 million/year, especially when we have kids coming up.

Yes, I would like a talented, big-bodied winger besides Coyle, but Setoguchi and Parise play big for their size, and maybe Larsson can too.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
In comparison to the offensive powerhouse 4th line and all the offense Mitchell and Co. create...

There's a lot of line-up oddities with this staff I can listen to. Mitchell playing over Clutterbuck is one of the most humorous.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I'm not against Clowe, if the price is right, such as one of Fletcher's famed "hockey trades."

He better not be replacing Clutter though. At best that's a washout trade. If we could somhow mve Heater off that third line, Clowe would look nice with Brodziak and Clutterbuck. Imo, that would complete the identity of that third line as well, something it has been lacking so far. That would also be one hell of a third line!

Clowe better not be looking at 5mil/year. Geesus....not for an aging vet, who in his prime was really never worth that, and he ain't gettin' any younger or faster.

3.5mil/year for 3 years would be alright though.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Indeed. That more than anything.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Over on the SJ board, Sharks fans are thinking Clowe can fetch a 1st round pick PLUS a decent prospect....I'd be shocked if they got a 1st or even a 2nd in return.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Mitchell absolutely has a better understanding of the offensive zone than Clutterbuck.

Clutterbuck may get points for himself, but he's not helping his linemates. He never passes and has terrible vision. He gets goals by taking ever shot he gets and crashing the net. Yes, that will get you some goals and make people like you, but it will also negate what your linemates are trying to set-up if they happen to be more skilled than a bang-and-crash line.

With you 100% dude.

Honestly, I wonder how many good chances Heater could have if Clutterbuck realized he can actually pass it. He had a chance at setting Heatley up against LA with his rocket of a shot and he opted to limpdick shoot it right into Quick's chest.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I wholeheartedly disagree. They can absolutely think that.

1qNCzfw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad