Possible trade fixes for Red Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
The proposal is about getting cap compliant for Dekeysers return which is why its a move that would only make sense now.

I get that would only make sense now but I feel would cause a logjam next year or even this year. I think that we should trade Quincey for someone preferably with one year left on their contract or compile a better trade for someone like Edler. I just really don't like Brunner on this team right now.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
LOL...come on man, that guy is an abortion...every goal against my first reaction is where is Quincey, and more times than not sure enough he's there...then my favorite little head tip up in the air like "oh crap not again" hahahaha...to go along with that what is it now, -11?

Just because Quincey is on the ice doesn't mean a goal against is directly his fault. Sure he's been directly culpable quite a few times this year, more than anyone else but he surely isn't alone in that department.

He was at -15 on November 28th. Since then he had been +6 (until last night when he was -2). So there has been some improvement statistically and tbh it has been somewhat noticeable. He's been playing a safer, simpler game. I don't think he's a good defenseman and I don't want him back but if I had to choose between him and brunner I'd honestly take quincey. I guess it just shows how much I loath brunner.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Just because Quincey is on the ice doesn't mean a goal against is directly his fault. Sure he's been directly culpable quite a few times this year, more than anyone else but he surely isn't alone in that department.

He was at -15 on November 28th. Since then he had been +6 (until last night when he was -2). So there has been some improvement statically and tbh it has been somewhat noticeable. He's been playing a safer, simpler game. I still don't think he's a good defenseman and I don't want him back but if I had to choose between him and brunner I'd honestly take quincey. I guess it just shows how much I loath brunner.

I'd prefer neither...I think XO would be better than Quincey on this team right now, esp for Quincey's salary (not to mention the 1st rounder but we won't go there)...and I said Brunner was SO overrated since day 1 of signing him, the guy just didn't impress me

Pretty weak on the forecheck, REALLY weak actually...but when you get ice time with a favorable matchup line wise like he did, or playing with Zetterberg for 16 minutes a night, you are bound to get goals. I just didn't see him single handedly earn those goals, you put me out there and I'm bound to bury some rebounds. Good team guy, but meh

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I'd prefer neither...I think XO would be better than Quincey on this team right now, esp for Quincey's salary (not to mention the 1st rounder but we won't go there)...and I said Brunner was SO overrated since day 1 of signing him, the guy just didn't impress me

Pretty weak on the forecheck, REALLY weak actually...but when you get ice time with a favorable matchup line wise like he did, or playing with Zetterberg for 16 minutes a night, you are bound to get goals. I just didn't see him single handedly earn those goals, you put me out there and I'm bound to bury some rebounds. Good team guy, but meh

That we can agree on.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Not an effective NHL player... but he led our team in playoff goals.
He's been a healthy scratch nearly a handful of games this year, including vs Detroit. He's on pace for 23 flipping points, and I doubt he even gets that. Relies on everyone else to do the work. Can't create his own offense. Is afraid of the boards so he doesn't forecheck. Liability in the defensive zone. Yea, I don't think he's an effective NHL player. If someone can't get points by association by playing with Zetterberg, they shouldn't be on the team in the first place.

How do we even know that's the case? You wouldn't want him out there over Sammy or Cleary. Hell I'd take anyone over those two.
Because favoritism runs rampant with Mike Babcock. Ideally you don't even have to think about playing any of those three. Two of them you don't have to next year, well hopefully lol, and the other you would.

Like I said; I understand where people are coming from, swapping Quincey for Brunner. But Quincey is the lesser of the two evils because his contract comes off the books. The Red Wings will have cap space next year and there are some big names out there that can help out the top 6 and the team. It sure as **** isn't Damien Brunner and I'd rather have $2.5 million to play around with as opposed to it already being in the books. But, I'm done with this subject.

DeBoer said he considered playing Brunner against his former teammates, but added, “That probably tells you the point we’re at with him where he’s not in tonight.”

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He's been a healthy scratch nearly a handful of games this year, including vs Detroit. He's on pace for 23 flipping points, and I doubt he even gets that. Relies on everyone else to do the work. Can't create his own offense. Is afraid of the boards so he doesn't forecheck. Liability in the defensive zone. Yea, I don't think he's an effective NHL player. If someone can't get points by association by playing with Zetterberg, they shouldn't be on the team in the first place.

I don't think that's being fair to Brunner. Maybe he's different in Jersey, but he was willing to go to the boards and engage in scrums last season. He sucked at it, and would lose pretty much every battle because he wasn't strong enough on the puck, but he tried.

He was a really good complimentary player, a bit one way, but could have a role on a team.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I don't think that's being fair to Brunner. Maybe he's different in Jersey, but he was willing to go to the boards and engage in scrums last season. He sucked at it, and would lose pretty much every battle because he wasn't strong enough on the puck, but he tried.

He was a really good complimentary player, a bit one way, but could have a role on a team.

He could have had a role on our team. With how Nyquist & Tatar have played this year with the way Jurco/Pulkkinen have played in the AHL with the fact that Sheahan, Ferraro & Callahan are out of waiver options next year Brunner doesn't fit into our team.

Even if we plug him in to the 4th line for this year where does he play next year? Ideally he's on a 3rd line that's set up for scoring so he really has no place on a 4th line, especially at his caphit.

If we go into next year with this:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-XXXX
Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist
Tatar-Helm-Abdelkader/XXXX
Miller-Andersson-XXXX/Abdelkader
XXXX-XXXX

We'd have 2 spots where Brunner could play. Ideally he isn't on your top line & he won't be a 13th/14th forward so he'd have to be in the 3rd line scoring role, also don't forgot that we have Ferraro, Sheahan & Callahan needing spots. I'd have no problem with that if it wasn't for the fact that he's getting 2.5M dollars & we could promote Jurco who could bring more to the table at a lower cost.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He could have had a role on our team. With how Nyquist & Tatar have played this year with the way Jurco/Pulkkinen have played in the AHL with the fact that Sheahan, Ferraro & Callahan are out of waiver options next year Brunner doesn't fit into our team.

Even if we plug him in to the 4th line for this year where does he play next year? Ideally he's on a 3rd line that's set up for scoring so he really has no place on a 4th line, especially at his caphit.

If we go into next year with this:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-XXXX
Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist
Tatar-Helm-Abdelkader/XXXX
Miller-Andersson-XXXX/Abdelkader
XXXX-XXXX

We'd have 2 spots where Brunner could play. Ideally he isn't on your top line & he won't be a 13th/14th forward so he'd have to be in the 3rd line scoring role, also don't forgot that we have Ferraro, Sheahan & Callahan needing spots. I'd have no problem with that if it wasn't for the fact that he's getting 2.5M dollars & we could promote Jurco who could bring more to the table at a lower cost.

Don't disagree he doesn't appear to be a fit next season, but if he had signed here and scored another 20 goals I think we find a spot for him. I also wonder if we would have gone after Weiss if we had signed Brunner. Holland may have decided we had the offensive depth at wing with Alfredsson, Franzen, and Brunner to plan on keeping Z and D apart. Mights and maybes.

I do have doubts that we'll see Ferraro, Sheahan, and Callahan still in the organization next year, too.we have a lot of good looking prospects in the pipeline, and we could use a high-end vet or two. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Holland flip a handful of kids for a top pairing D in the offseason.

XxTatar21SaucexX

MotownShowdown
Sep 3, 2012
Anybody think Milan Michalek would be a good fit for this team? I know we're in dire need of a top 2 defenseman but Michalek caught my eye in the 2014 FA list.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Anybody think Milan Michalek would be a good fit for this team? I know we're in dire need of a top 2 defenseman but Michalek caught my eye in the 2014 FA list.

Yes he would be a great fit, because we are losing net-front players at next season and Michalek would be an upgrade over Bertuzzi and Cleary on that role. Imo, he is one of the best in whole NHL on that role.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Anyone think that we would have the assets to acquire Tyler Myers and do you think he would be a good fit on our second d line. I have been following him for a bit and think he could be physical and shoots right so that would help a bit. Just thoughts.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Rumors of a shake up in the NY teams (Rangers and Islanders) for different reasons. If we're looking to trade some people, that might the teams to go talk to.

tunasnacks*

Ken Holland running out of games and time to make a move. This team needs a shakeup and need to know that they get paid to win games.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I'm pretty high on Tyler Myers. Haven't watched much Sabres hockey (who has) but from what I've heard, he's not playing well. Maybe he needs a change of scenery. He could bring a big physical presence and a right handed shot. What do you think it takes to get him? Maybe Quincey, Miller, Jarnkrok, and 1st?

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
What do you want Holland to do? We don't have cap space to take on someone else for just prospects/picks and nobody wants to take on our overpaid crap in exchange. Holland ****ed up and put himself in this position with trash like sammy, cleary, etc and he's pretty much stuck with it until the seasons over. Maybe he'll be able to do something at the deadline but I'd doubt it would be anything significant.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
What do you want Holland to do? We don't have cap space to take on someone else for just prospects/picks and nobody wants to take on our overpaid crap in exchange. Holland ****ed up and put himself in this position with trash like sammy, cleary, etc and he's pretty much stuck with it until the seasons over. Maybe he'll be able to do something at the deadline but I'd doubt it would be anything significant.

there are some options, but they will be costly.

andy macdonald could be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad