Speculation: Possible Addition Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm sorry so many people are getting offended that I thought something like this would be pretty relevant information. Think something along the lines of Justin Faulk + Trevor Carrick + ??? for whoever on the Oilers.

I hope the + is Dalpe. I'm not sure what kind of a package it would take to land those guys but I almost wonder if it'd be a 3-way trade?

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Hey OP thanks for sharing the info. I appreciate it. Lol at some of you that get on the guy for sharing some potential inside info. I'm sure in the future people will be falling over themselves to share info on this board.

caperguy18

Oct 1, 2009
Cam Ward is hurt for a while and can't be traded.

If this is true, and the 'Canes and Oilers are talking trade, it's likely Jordan Staal being the main piece coming here. Just hope that doesn't cost RNH. I really don't know what it would cost, but he's due to make big money in a couple years, so maybe that lowers his value.

Maybe we get Riley Nash, just to piss him off.

C'mon man can't you think of a better trade?That's just stupid talk!

Chef10

Aug 21, 2011
i have no idea what to take of this, but it is better then all of hte world is ending stuff that is going on this board right now. If it is true hopefully we get something good coming our way maybe a forward with some size and skill something we really need and if it isnt true at least it was nice to take my mind off how bad we are playing right now.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Well, now that we have the talent then sure change the system.

How would you feel if the 3 1st overall picks were the years where we didn't win the lottery and we left the draft without the best player every year?

Not that drafting Seguin, Landeskog/Huberdeau, and Murray/Galchenyuk would have been bad, but there are some years where the differnece between 1st and 2nd is much more significant.

I don't mind the idea of not being able to pick 1st overall in back-to-back years, that could work, but I would say that team can't pick top 2 next year. Picking 1st and then 6th if you were worst both years might be a bit harsh.

I think it would be good for the league and i'd have no problem with it. Would mean we probably don't see Potter in our top 6 defenceman regularly.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I hope the + is Dalpe. I'm not sure what kind of a package it would take to land those guys but I almost wonder if it'd be a 3-way trade?

Hemsky, Faulk's game has been impressive this year. Maybe Petry+ if it's not Hemsky. Could also be Gagner.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I've made a thread on the trade & proposals board, one that I think would be very possible given the circumstances.

Oilers 2013 1st rounder + Petry for Faulk/Carrick/Dalpe.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I've made a thread on the trade & proposals board, one that I think would be very possible given the circumstances.

So 2013 1st for Carrick and Dalpe?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

So you think the Oilers are giving up the 1st rounder given the circumstances ? [at this point, no worse than 2nd overall]

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005

And this helps us how, at the moment?

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
So 2013 1st for Carrick and Dalpe?

That would be silly. May as well wait to see what you get from the draft. It would be different if you were getting a high end D or F, already established in a package or something. Those moves do nothing but drag this into a perpetual rebuild..

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Sanguinetti is going pretty well in Carolina I think and could be earning a full-time role. Canes are looking at the playoffs and may think Whitney could be a good, experienced puck mover to compliment their highly-offensive top 6. Already having McBain and Sanguinetti, they probably want more experience on defense.

Could see something along the lines of for Paajarvi, Whitney, ___(Potter? Peckham?) for Faulk, Carrick, _______

They have the choice of re-signing Whitney or slotting Sanguinetti in full-time, and have a long-term piece in Paajarvi. They're bottom 6 is quite one dimensional, and not in an offensive way. Paajarvi could be someone they're looking at to bring speed and offense to.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
It's got to be Whitney, maybe Hemsky. Carolina might actually want Whitney, and Hemmer would be pretty good there.

I'm not really a fan of trading Hemmer for spare parts, but Faulk is supposed to be pretty good although I haven't seen him play much myself.

I'd give Whitney away if I could.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Is this rumour even legit?

Obviously wasn't in a good mood from last night. Now this false hope?

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Is this rumour even legit?

Obviously wasn't in a good mood from last night. Now this false hope?

Why would it be hope? If the rumoured deal went ahead it would do nothing for the immediate faith of the team...A couple of more rookies is only going to drag out the pain..

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
That package has the 3 asset vibe of the Smyth trade from 07, bet it's Hemsky going the other way with a throw-in or 2 to balance out the contracts.

Don't think Whitney has that kind of value as a rental, and while Smid might, highly doubt the Oilers are looking to move him.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So why isn't this just thrown into the rumours and proposals thread? Is this like E5 level or something so it gets it's own thread? :)

The OP has a legitimate source and we thought it wouldn't hurt having something to talk about other than the atrocious team we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad